Inspirational walk tonight.....

I think he is really blessed with such a great attitude. I don't think everyone comes out of such a tragedy with a good attitude. Some become bitter. I suppose he realizes that he is alive rather than dead as his comrades are, and therefore must feel lucky and grateful - both very powerful positive and healing points of view.

Audrey

Guys like this remind me:  "No whining".  Things just are not that bad for me.  But, I forget, of course, and whine about minor stuff. I am very lucky; most of us are, but.... I/we  forget! 

Remember this thread? I was watching ABC's Evening News tonight and they have a segment on Friday's show called the 'Person of the Week'. Well it featured the young man I met almost a year ago at my local college track(Meridian, MS) that had lost a leg in Iraq. He told me then that he was headed to Penn State on an athletic scholarship. He was a very impressive young man. Looks as though he has impressed quite a few people to make ABC's Person of the Week. :)

I wanted to provide a link to ABC's site but they haven't updated it yet with this segment.

Thanks for the reminder of the resiliance of the human spirit. I know I sometimes get lulled into my own little world and problems - but it helps to look around and appreciate this gift of life that we share. We humans have our problems but we are surely blessed if we will just let ourselves see it.

:)dog

Any soldier is an inspiration to me, especially one who has seen combat. Cases like this remind me of why they are so special and deserve our support. I try to make it a point to thank them when I see them. The freedoms I have aren't free and I have them because of the men and women in uniform.

We watched that segment tonight also, I'm very glad they chose him as Person of the Week.

Very inspirational...he could easily be bitter and consider himself a victim like so many others in our society. His story IS inspirational.

Back
Top Bottom