Its a done deal!

Budman

Recycles dryer sheets
This morning, I went in for my exit interview with megacorp, turned in my company ID, Parking Passes, Key Fob, Credit Card, signed some more papers and left before lunch. I am a free man! :clap: The first thing I did when I got home was to change into my retirement clothes..a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Then I goofed around. What a great feeling. :whistle: Now I'm realizing I can stay up late and watch TV :D

Congrats Budman!! You're on your way to an exciting time in your life. I just passed the 20 year mark and have enjoyed every day of it.

Cheers!!!! Congrats. Not only can you stay up late you can get rid of the alarm clock!

This morning, I went in for my exit interview with megacorp, turned in my company ID, Parking Passes, Key Fob, Credit Card, signed some more papers and left before lunch. I am a free man! :clap: The first thing I did when I got home was to change into my retirement clothes..a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Then I goofed around. What a great feeling. :whistle: Now I'm realizing I can stay up late and watch TV :D

Whoa there!

Remember, ya gotta pace yourself. Go rushing into this, and you could burn yourself out!

But seriously, congratulations!

Congrats Budman!!!! Good time to quit so you can enjoy the summer! Can't wait until I do the same.

Thanks for all of the congrats! I tried to stay up latter last night, but still woke up early...darn body clock hasn't changed yet! So I was somewhat sleepy today. :yawn: I kept busy today, at a slow pace, surfing the net, watching CNBC & Bloomberg, and mowing a lawn. I also attended a meeting with a financial counselor who works for an insurance co. to hear about tax deferred annuities, but felt it was not worth my time. :(

All in all it has been a great first day of retirement. I didn't miss work and am beginning to wonder why I delayed retirement until now! :blink:

I tried to stay up latter last night, but still woke up early...darn body clock hasn't changed yet! So I was somewhat sleepy today.
Splurge a little. Indulge in the luxury of a nap.
I kept busy today... watching CNBC & Bloomberg...
Bad for your mental health. Try napping instead.
I also attended a meeting with a financial counselor who works for an insurance co. to hear about tax deferred annuities...
:nonono: A nap would have been a much better use of your time...

Splurge a little. Indulge in the luxury of a nap.

Bad for your mental health. Try napping instead.
:nonono: A nap would have been a much better use of your time...

Napping is something I have never been able to do. I just can't get to sleep. I've talked with others who do power naps all of the time and feel refreshed, but it just doesn't seem to work for me. :(

Napping is something I have never been able to do. I just can't get to sleep. I've talked with others who do power naps all of the time and feel refreshed, but it just doesn't seem to work for me. :(
Your first new challenge in retirement: master the sublime art of an afternoon nap. Think of it as your new job. :D

I have problems napping too. I just can't go to sleep...'cause I always end up hearing a snorting noise. I wonder who's doing that :angel:

Your first new challenge in retirement: master the sublime art of an afternoon nap. Think of it as your new job. :D
I see I have some learning to do. I didn't realize there was a learning curve in the art of FIRE. I'll have to try that nap thing, like a siesta after lunch :LOL:

I have problems napping too. I just can't go to sleep...'cause I always end up hearing a snorting noise. I wonder who's doing that :angel:
Golly, I hear that snorting noise too. I bet there's a snorting gremlin lurking around. :blink:

Golly, I hear that snorting noise too. I bet there's a snorting gremlin lurking around. :blink:
Yeah...and it's probably the same one that eats all of the chocolate chip cookies and drinks all the beer....

The naps will come, don't force it Bud-ee. First work on your stayin' up as late as you darn want to. We drift late sometimes. OK we drift till pretty much dawn the next day sometimes, but who's gonna tell us we can't? Then if we wake up too early, like before Noon even rolls around, we just play it by ear, and if one of us feels a bit sleepy the other shows their support by helping out with FULL Afternoon Nap Support. Sometimes we both stay awake the entire afternoon, and hey no harm, no foul. Tivo or equivalent really helps with the TV watching at the hour of your choice no matter what it happens to be. If we just had an Irish Wolfhound size doggie door we'd have even LONGER naps, but the three just don't permit it.

Bottom line: Bud! Don't rush it. It will come to you. You are FREE! Enjoy the ride.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom