It's official!

linkerbink

Recycles dryer sheets
Although Friday was my last day in the office, today is my last official day, so now I can finally post to this section of the forum.....life AFTER fire! I'm not doing anything this weekend...just pretending it's a usual long holiday weekend. The real celebration comes Tuesday, when I don't have to go to work. (But I'll still have to get up early...I'm have my winter heat pump inspection scheduled for 8 AM...what was I thinking:confused:)

I'm signing up for a photography course at our local art school...it meets from 12:30 to 3:00 PM. There were so many things I wanted to do that occurred between 8 AM and 5 PM...what a drag! No excuses now!

I just want to thank everyone on this forum, whose posts have just cemented my resolve to ditch the 9 to 5 for good.

Welcome to the club. Let us know how you adjust.

The real celebration comes Tuesday, when I don't have to go to work.

Great news, have you not heard, Tuesday is also a day off (due President Gerald Ford's death) so you don't have to go to work on Wednesday. Looks like you should have retired on Wednesday so you'd get paid for the 4 day WE.

Hope this will not ruin your 30 year vacation retirement. :-\

Unfortunately (or fortunately??) Tuesday is not a holiday for my OLD workplace...it's a private non-profit social service agency, so we only have...er, HAD certain holidays off. Guess the death of a former President doesn't qualify.

Weeeeee !!! Way to go Linkerbink. I hope you continue to post here. I am always eager to hear what people are doing with their time when they are no longer slaves to the workplace.

Congrats,,,,, have a good time and remember your the one in charge of what you do now so do what makes you happy

Happy New year
I have been retired now for one year the best decision I ever made it is wonderful.

Kitty

Congratulations and welcome to the club. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do. Enjoy the photography class too.

Thanks for all your kind replies. I've spent the day watching the presidential funeral proceedings, cuddling the cat, and wondering "Shouldn't I be at work?" I think it might take a few days to get out of that mindset...maybe only til tomorrow, come to think of it!

Back
Top Bottom