My Reinvention of my life begins tomorrow!

Congrats! A great way to start a new year!

Congrats! Whatcha gonna do in retirement?

Congrats! Whatcha gonna do in retirement?
The short answer is - anything I want.

1st up for me is a thorough dump of all the accumulated detrius of life that I don't need anymore. Then a long list of house remodeling. Some roaming about and gardening and reading and sleeping.

The short answer is - anything I want.

1st up for me is a thorough dump of all the accumulated detrius of life that I don't need anymore. Then a long list of house remodeling. Some roaming about and gardening and reading and sleeping.

Sounds great! I did a lot of sleeping and shedding stress during the first month. I had no idea how taxing the stress level of my job was, until I retired. My list of tasks and potential hobbies fell by the wayside while I got more physically active along with lots of resting and sleeping.

Congratulations!

Same as W2R, I did a lot of sleeping for several weeks.

Congratulations, and all the best on this exciting new chapter your life!
Let us know how ER is treating you, so those of us still working can live vicariously through your posts.. along with those of W2R and the rest of the countdown crowd...:D

Congratulations to the both of you!! Say goodbye to Sunday night blues & enjoy your freedom!!

So Tesaje and Rae, how is it going?

The biggest change I've noticed so far is that I don't have to rush around every weekend, every evening, to get things done before work. I can do things at my own unhurried pace, which really helps to relieve the stress. I still have my list of things to do for the week (old habits are hard to break), but there's no rush to get most of them done.....they get done when I get to them. I also get to sleep in an extra 80-90 minutes or so, which is huge. Beyond that point, my yellow lab gently wakes me up to go outside and have his breakfast, so I really can't complain about that. :)

Quite a few coworkers are sending me congratulatory e-mails at home also, which is nice......I've been replying to those.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom