Nespresso Machine?

Although, aren't you suppose to use filtered water of some kind?

The interesting thing about the "compatible" capsules is if you read the reviews on Amazon, on average there are four people who rave about how great they are for every one person who says they can't believe how horrible this stuff tastes.

How something tastes is very subjective, and the only way to know for sure is to try it out yourself and see. But the compatibles sell for as low as .32 per capsule, while the Nespresso brands sell for .70 and up, so it's worth giving it a try if you're going to drink a lot of espresso.

Espresso purists would never put milk, cream or sugar in their beverages. For those people, maybe the Nespresso brand really makes a difference. For the rest of us, I think we're not that sensitive to the subtle differences between brands. After all, this stuff is not rocket science. They grind coffee and put it in a capsule. I don't think Nespresso has some unique technology that makes them so much better than everyone else. I think it's mostly marketing in my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_3938 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_3938 (Medium).JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 11
We reviewed a lot of coffee machines including Nespresso. We ended up with a Delonghi Magnifica ESAM3300. We prefer a system that grinds the coffee fresh every time. It has been great for the last 7 years. I designed a float system so we do not have to fill it up after 2 or 4 cups. Gets water from the Fridge supply through a filter. I designed a custom bracket for a standard mini float on my 3D Printer.

Agreed! Even the best pod machine (the Nespresso, IMHO) does not equal the quality of the coffee from a machine such as yours or my Jura.

But.... the Nespresso is quite good and certainly 'good enough'. And for many the convenience and variety of coffees available in the Nesspresso line-up is a huge plus. To each his/her own. It's good to have choices and a market place that will meet those choices.

Last edited:
Honestly, I had various coffee makers, the weak link is having to fill them up all the time. The Delonghi had a nice accessible water tank that could be accessed from the side of the machine. Then finding a float assembly was easy.

These were our criteria:

1) Must grind the Beans (Otherwise it is just instant coffee)
2) Use non proprietary coffee supplies (See 1)
3) Must be completely self contained.
4) Must have a reasonable size and accessible water tank.

Oh! and of course must make a great cup of coffee. Too many coffee makers even the expensive ones taste just like drip coffee. hat we particularly like about the Delonghi is the lovely 1/4" of "Crema" that is created with each cup. We drink our coffee black and really like that. That is NOT, milk it is created by the coffee brewing process itself. "Got Crema"

I was going to market my refill system at one point, but only ever ended up giving it away to friends and family. I have attached the docs in case the adventurous types would like to retrofit their existing coffee makers. I am sure it could be done for a Nespresso Machine.

Attachments

• test.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom