nm

Re: My Basement Project is finished! - Photo

Very nice!

It's gorgeous. Nice job.

REWahoo! said:
Yes...but that TV is way too small !

Yeah, but you did see that I made the opening bigger. That set is on the way upstairs and a bigger one will be in it's place! ;)

Very nice room!

Cut-Throat said:
Yeah, but you did see that I made the opening bigger. That set is on the way upstairs and a bigger one will be in it's place! ;)

Good planning. I can hear it now: "Honey, this new cabinet system just dwarfs this TV. We need a bigger screen to maintain the esthetic balance of our investment." :)

Very nice... looks clean. As a speaker builder/aficionado myself I see that you've got (built?) some nice horns. I also note that the big relatively flat cabinet wall close to the speakers is going to give an undesirable early reflection. I'm sure you know you might get better sound by moving the speakers closer towards the couch. And you probably also know that the horns will beam the sound pretty well in any case so reflections are not as much of an issue.

REWahoo! said:
What TV? That's his computer monitor!

I think those three white handles on the ceiling are used to pull down the TV screen when he's tired of surfing the net.

Cut-Throat said:
These are Klipschorn Bass Bins. They are corner speakers!  - They are made to seal into the corners and use the wall as the Bass Horn.

Nice! I've always had a dream to purpose build an audio/video room, but living in a condo it just aint gonna happen. Glad to live vicariously through folks like you.

What a great room. I would like one just like that.

Cut-Throat said:
Anyway I have my Audio room completed and sitting here enjoying it now with a glass of fine wine as we speak!

So...how do you get the room into the glass? Oh I get it, its like an hors diver.

Great room! How do you people get so smart about everything and do such fantastic work? I probably shouldn't even be allowed here!

Dreamer

Too nice for a basement.

Very nice, now take another picture with your wife pointing out some features...turn up the heat first so she's comfortable....she could show off her latest swim suit.....wait, put the bat down Cut Throat! Ow! :dead: ;)

(Inside joke)

Way better than my LR.

Very nice room WOW for the sound system!

Nice project! So what's next on your list?

Nice Job C-T. Good choice of wood and design and it flows very nice with the room. Your gear is making me green with envy. :) My basement has a makeshift HT but the room design prevents it from being what I really want. To change it would require removal of a very nice brick fireplace and that is not an option so I will live with imperfection I guess.

Enjoy it!

Rats!

Also green with envy - ceiling height NOT including misc. ductwork is a bummer here.

Will do something eventually - but alas - nothing thing that cool.

Sigh!

heh heh

C-T... nice job. You are very crafty :D

REWahoo! said:
Good planning.  I can hear it now:  "Honey, this new cabinet system just dwarfs this TV.  We need a bigger screen to maintain the esthetic balance of our investment."   :)

Umm...yeah...right. That argument will go reeeealllllyyyyyy far with his wife. :D

Cut-Throat said:
I think some folks here got the idea that I built the cabinets. I did not build them. I only designed them and had them built. I am not that crafty. I did do the wiring for all the lights and audio gear.

CT, I was begining to think there was somehing fishy :D about you silently taking credit for building those cabinets when you told everyone in your first post you contracted the carpentry! Honesty is such a burden...

REWahoo! said:

I thought that was his computer monitor!

Back
Top Bottom