nm

Re: Plan to die at age 80!

Jarhead* said:
What's up Cutthroat?  Tell your Uncle Jarhead all about it.  (I promise to be gentle). ;)

Jarhead, I wonder if maybe C-T's still in a funk after showing us the final result of his great basement project only to have people take shots at the track lighting.  Or could be he's just had another birthday and realizes his mustard cutting days are numbered. ;)

REWahoo! said:
Jarhead, I wonder if maybe C-T's still in a funk after showing us the final result of his great basement project only to have people take shots at the track lighting.  Or could be he's just had another birthday and realizes his mustard cutting days are numbered. ;)

ReWahoo: Possibly.

But our friend Cut-Throats posts lately have begun to remind me of that character in "Lil Abner", that had no vowels in his name and was impossible to pronounce. A little black cloud followed him around wherever he went. ;)

Oh well. Had our first day of no rain in a while yesterday, and got in some golf.
Forcast is no rain this AM, so I'm off in about an hour to see if I can squeeze some in before another onslaught. (Damn, this better let up soon, as I'm getting far too many eye-rolls from my wife). ;)

Nice reading these threads.

My ER is coming up fast, sold de house, will be out in 3 months and ready to move to chicken ranch.

Im afraid, but intellectually know I will make it LBYM.

As for health.  I really dont know, had health issues mental and physical since early 20's, got them under control, can job 4-5 miles per day, do excercise religiously, but cannot predict how long I will go.

Am 53 now and had a bad year due to things at work which just tired me out physically and mentally.  Thus ER looks good.

I can live 20 more days, or 20 more years with the ability to move about and do what I want.  I don't know what next day will bring. My Doc says Im ok physically but my bp goes up and down due to nerves, He knows I have to chill out some.

Not interested in skiing or climbing mountains, just like to walk or jog and look at interesting scenery, like to see different things, like to sit and sip cawfee and look at the young thangs walk by.

There is an old Yiddish saying"

"Man trahcht und G-d lahcht'"

Man Plans and the G-ds laugh. 

We really dont know, so best to ER when you think you can, and dont worry too much, we all end up in the same place, so have a good trip in the meantime.

There is too much micromanaging and too much fear on this board with people who have 3 times what I got, just do it!!!!

Most people do not regret ER and finally start to live, dont wait for that next 5% more in pension, you may not collect it.

jug

June Pointer of the Pointer Sisters died this week from cancer at age 52.

Enjoy your days now, whether you are 18 (Cambece you still around?) or 69 like Jarhead.

Like you said, CT, balance. All of you eating cheap pasta for dinner every night and saving your vacation days so you can retire six months earlier-twenty years from now-wake up!! Enjoy it now! Pick a realistic date for ER, a target net worth, make a plan to get there, get direct deposit going so you don't miss the money going into your retirement accounts, and live! It's a crap shoot.

My Grandma(step-mom's mom) is almost 80 and still plays tennis, bowls, hikes on a weekly basis. On the flip side, my mom is 62 this week, has been told she needs her other knee replaced as well, and has some unpronouncable disease with will cause painful fibroids in her muscles and requres some extensive pain medication and treatments. She ain't gonna die, but quality of life is shot for a while, maybe forever... :-\

Martha said:
June Pointer of the Pointer Sisters died this week from cancer at age 52.

Ouch.

Got to meet them up close and personal during a charity dinner here in Tampa last year. They looked and sounded great, evoked great memories and had the place on its feet all night.

A sad loss, a reminder ... dust to dust.

Cut-Throat said:
But, I don't think you really know how to live, until you come to grips with your own mortality.
Well, I think I had a couple of those moments on active duty.

Because if they didn't count, then I'm really not looking forward to the next five or six decades...

Cut-Throat said:
But, I don't think you really know how to live, until you come to grips with your own mortality.

"die before your death" ~~ the prophet mohammed

lazygood4nothinbum said:
"die before your death" ~~ the prophet mohammed

I'm not sure what that means, but if it involves 72 virgins, I'm game.

Back
Top Bottom