NY Times New Puzzle - Connections

I find this game challenging enough without having words that can fit into multiple categories.

I find this game challenging enough without having words that can fit into multiple categories.
Without that, everyone would probably get them all right without any misses! I try to make sure I have identified all 4 groups before I submit anything, but today there was a group (blue) that I knew nothing about, so it did take me one guess. I start with the groupings in which I have the highest confidence when I'm not 100% sure.

Connections
Puzzle #121
๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ
๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ
๐ŸŸช๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ
๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ
๐ŸŸช๐ŸŸช๐ŸŸช๐ŸŸช

Last edited:
Connections
Puzzle #122
๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ
๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ
๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ
๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ
๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ
๐ŸŸช๐ŸŸช๐ŸŸช๐ŸŸชConnections
Puzzle #122
๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ
๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ
๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ
๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ
๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ
๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ๏ฟฝ

I liked Connections....until today. The purple theme really irked me, and caused me to "strike out". But I'll play it again, I usually put the words in Notepad until I am sure I have it, or I have to start guessing.

I also really enjoy Tiles in Zen mode sometimes. I got a chain of over 200 once.
Cosmic,
I get a little grumpy if the clues aren't great (in my humble opinion).

Today they had parts of a wrist watch, and one of the clues was crown. I had to look it up. I guess I'm ignorant again, the little cranking/wind up knob is the crown.

Yes, I will try again tomorrow.

Take care.

Cosmic,
I get a little grumpy if the clues aren't great (in my humble opinion).

Today they had parts of a wrist watch, and one of the clues was crown. I had to look it up. I guess I'm ignorant again, the little cranking/wind up knob is the crown.

Yes, I will try again tomorrow.

Take care.
Same! I bombed on today's because of that one, too.

I have only tried this game twice so far. I am horrible at it. I guess that I need to try to find all four groups before I submit an answer.

I have only tried this game twice so far. I am horrible at it. I guess that I need to try to find all four groups before I submit an answer.

The trick is to recognize which words might appear in more than one group, and the somewhat annoying ways the game creates groups.

If I play, I usually try to get two groups and then get going with with it, because, invariably, the last group is "whatever's left" until they tell me what it was supposed to be.

Either the puzzles are getting harder or I'm getting dumber. Was really good when I first started playing.
Connections
Puzzle #124
๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ
๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ
๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ
๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ
๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ
๐ŸŸช๐ŸŸช๐ŸŸช๐ŸŸช

Back
Top Bottom