NY Times New Puzzle - Connections

Today's was pretty hard! I got the blue and green right away, and I had five candidates for yellow, but I had no idea what the purple theme was for a while, so I took a break and came back to it, which usually works.

Connections
Puzzle #127
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ
🟨🟨🟨🟨

Lucky day. Connections is challenging but I do enjoy it. Patience is key, at least for me.

Connections
Puzzle #127
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ

I enjoy seeing the color order in which folks solve the puzzle. According to the Connections site, the categories are color coded and each color represents a level of difficulty. Yellow is straightforward, then green, blue, and purple. Purple is described as β€œtricky”.

Email today announcing that the Games subscription goes from $40 to $50/year next month. Still worth it to me.

Good luck

View attachment 47328

I searched but didn't see any references to the new NY Times puzzle, "Connections." I've been playing it for about two weeks now and I find it challenging.

You are presented with 16 different words. The words have an underlying common connection to each other. The idea is to place the items into groups of four that share the same category in common.

For example 4 of the 16 words might be:
Fairlane, Galaxy, Pinto, Thunderbird

These are names of bygone Ford vehicles. You might group them together. This is a relatively easy example. They get harder, much harder.

I've only solved 5 puzzles out of 9 tries so far.

I got four out of four over the last four days. You really only have to get 3 groups, the fourth group you just click them into place of course. I try to guess what they have in common first though.

I do wordle and connections every morning with my coffee. Fun!

I only do the mini crossword. I have a short attention span with stuff like this.

Connections
Puzzle #129
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ

Was mentioned in the Wordle thread. DW and I play Wordle & Connections every morning. I used to struggle with both, but I have my systems down now. Get Connections in 4 almost every day now, Wordle in 3.55 tries on average.

DW & I do them too. For kicks I also do Octordle. I like to fool myself in to thinking it is keeping me a tiny bit mentally sharper. But I don’t see how knowing the names of 4 Rappers that have The(e) as part of their name will ever make me quicker/smarter, LOL. Though I did get all the Addams Family references as the first one….

DW & I do them too. For kicks I also do Octordle. I like to fool myself in to thinking it is keeping me a tiny bit mentally sharper. But I don’t see how knowing the names of 4 Rappers that have The(e) as part of their name will ever make me quicker/smarter, LOL. Though I did get all the Addams Family references as the first one….
I was hoping puzzles and crosswords would keep us sharper too, but not so according to Outlive by Dr Peter Attia. He says β€˜doing crosswords just makes you better at crosswords…’ :blush:

Just tried this. I had to look up two of the words to learn the definition. Still...

Connections
Puzzle #129
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦πŸŸͺπŸŸͺ🟦
🟦πŸŸͺ🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ

Back
Top Bottom