NY Times New Puzzle - Connections

Thanks, but I don't have any interest in the rest of it other than the games, and $50 is less than $52 so I'll stay as I am.

Sales rep: "For an extra 4 cents a week you can get the NY Times news, the Athletic sports reporting, and dozens of recipes per week. Shall I put you down for the full access version?"

braumeister: "No thank you, it's just too expensive."

:LOL:

Last edited:
Easy…once you get the system down.

Connections
Puzzle #131
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ

I haven't figured out the system yet or else my brain is turning into oatmeal. This is a hard puzzle.
My "system" is simply choosing all four sets before entering anything. When I first started playing, I'd see four I was sure went together and enter it right away - and got burned often. Now that I'm more patient, and wait until I have all four sets my success rate is much better, though not perfect. :facepalm:

My "system" is simply choosing all four sets before entering anything. When I first started playing, I'd see four I was sure went together and enter it right away - and got burned often. Now that I'm more patient, and wait until I have all four sets my success rate is much better, though not perfect. :facepalm:

I'll give that a try. I am doing what you were at first. Thanks!:)

I haven't figured out the system yet or else my brain is turning into oatmeal. This is a hard puzzle.
You are correct; I only got this because I guessed correctly at purple. I knew the blue and green, and had five candidates for yellow, so I just guessed at purple and got it right on the first try.

Connections
Puzzle #131
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ
🟨🟨🟨🟨

I only play when my wife gets stuck, and this is the method I use. She sends me a screenshot, and I pull it into an editor and use different colored highlighters to make the groups (messy, incomplete, wrong sizes groups). Then noodle on the ones that don't fit anywhere. It's the prefix word ones that are the challenge for me. And also the current movies, TV, music and personalities. I'm out of touch with that stuff.

Connections
Puzzle #132
🟩🟩🟩🟩
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦

This one I had to think about and come back to.

BTW, if anyone's having trouble pasting in their results, you have to use the "go advanced", you can't use the "quick reply". At least, for me on Firefox it turned the colored squares into inverse question marks.

Got to go run errands, so I didn't expect to get today's until later...especially after starting it! But I got purple and yellow easily, and my one uncertainty between blue and green turned out to just be second-guessing.

Connections
Puzzle #133
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦

Back
Top Bottom