NY Times New Puzzle - Connections

I also had a hard time with the blue

Connections
Puzzle #141
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ
🟦🟦🟦🟦

I didn't know all of the blue one either, and I know a lot of them very well! I wound up guessing and just made it.

Connections
Puzzle #142
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟦🟨
🟨🟨🟦🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦πŸŸͺ🟦πŸŸͺ
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ
🟦🟦🟦🟦

I was recruited into puzzle #142 with two solved and one guess left: Yellow, Dust, Wan, Life, Carpenter, Sports, Aster, Craven.

It was late, and I wasn't into it, so didn't spend the time, and didn't get the solution.

I'm not going to get names, in most contexts, since I'm not immersed in cultural whos-who. Looking at it now, really only 4 possible names. But even if I didn't go that route, if I would have used my usual technique, I'm sure I would have discovered the other set.

The technique is, in your head you say "Ah... Yellow, Yellow Ah...", then "Buh... Yellow, Yellow Buh..." (ad nausium). So you're going through the alphabet, or really just putting a sound at the beginning and end of your target word. Maybe "Yellow Buh..." would get you to think "Yellow Bell", for instance. Then you try that with other words, like maybe you'd have "Dinner" or something that worked. Or nothing goes with it, and you keep going.

Toughest one I’ve gotten in four, had to use my method (described earlier)
Connections
Puzzle #145
🟩🟩🟩🟩
πŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺπŸŸͺ
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦

Back
Top Bottom