NY Times New Puzzle - Connections

This thread got me looking at the other NYT mini-games they offer besides Wordle, which I've played for a long time .... Now I play Wordle, Connections, mini-Crossword fairly consistently, and enjoy them all. On Spelling Bee, I mostly just try to find the 7-letter word using everything, then don't bother going further. Letter Box is sometimes fun, but if I get stuck (going back to the start) more than 1-2 times, I normally give up & don't waste my time. The others .... meh....

Anywhoo.... Since I guess the idea here is sharing Connections results, here's mine for today. Oddly, I tend to get the purple line (supposedly the "most tricky") fairly quick, while the others take me longer.

Puzzle #145
๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ
๐ŸŸช๐ŸŸช๐ŸŸช๐ŸŸช
๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ
๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ

Yeah, I tried Letter Box, and wasn't feeling it. It wasn't easy, but it just didn't feel as challenging as Connections or Spelling Bee.

Anyway, today's was a bit tricky, I don't think I've ever seen so many short words! But one thing I found with sharing comments about crosswords and Spelling Bee with friends on FB is that a lot of it depends what you've read about recently or know really well; most of us know most words, but it's more about which ones come to mind easily. The connections in Connections are kind of the same, mostly (except for things like Mah Jongg!)...it depends on what you think of often and readily.

Connections
Puzzle #145
๐ŸŸช๐ŸŸช๐ŸŸช๐ŸŸช
๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ๐ŸŸฉ
๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ๐ŸŸจ
๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆ

Last edited:
My "system" is simply choosing all four sets before entering anything. When I first started playing, I'd see four I was sure went together and enter it right away - and got burned often. Now that I'm more patient, and wait until I have all four sets my success rate is much better, though not perfect. :facepalm:
I use the same strategy. Actually, I don't play. I just help bail-out my wife when she gets stuck. She sends me a screen shot and I pull it up in an editor and use a highlighter. I worked my way to "core" in this example. This is a "clean" example. Some are messy, where I've got words with two or three different colors as ideas come about. And of course have sets with 3 or 5 items. I also record failed trials with a hard "dot" of various colors, because remembering "one away" instances can be helpful.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231102-095222-585.png
    Screenshot_20231102-095222-585.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Connections
Puzzle #147
��������
��������
��������
��������

Last edited:
Any ideas as to why my results are formatted like this. When I pasted, they showed the colored boxes. Once I posted, they changed to question marks.

I always post using the app. It wasnโ€™t available so I used the Safari browser.

Thanks!

Any ideas as to why my results are formatted like this. When I pasted, they showed the colored boxes. Once I posted, they changed to question marks.

I always post using the app. It wasnโ€™t available so I used the Safari browser.

Thanks!

Toast, for some reason, you have to hit the button marked "Go Advanced" when posting these results.

Back
Top Bottom