Pandora, Itunes Radio, and XM

Is that available to US listeners or only in the UK like iPlayer?
US listeners can listen to BBC radio on the iPlayer - it's BBC TV that is restricted outside the UK (unless you're viewing via a proxy server.) The variety of talk, news, drama and music on BBC radio, all intelligently presented, is fantastic. One of the wonderful things about the internet is that I can sit in my place on the west coast, looking at palm trees through the window, while listening to BBC radio. What a luxury!

We have had satellite rdio for a few years and loved it. We have a system that allows us to move it from home to car. Unfortunately, the signal has really degraded the last year. We complained, they had us reconnect, but it starts again. So we are canceling.

Instead we got ipods. We loaded all of our music on them, created playlists. We just got back from a big road trip and we loved the ipods!!! We don't have smart phones either so no streaming.

We find we use the ipods for lots of things: my husband uses his while clearing snow or doing yard work - I use mine to ease my mind at sleep time.

Can't believe we waited so long to get them.

I still use iPods for the gym.

Still have fifth gen Nano with the click wheel because I listen to podcasts a lot and you can go to the exact point in a long podcast with the wheel.

You can't do that with the newer iPods with touch screens or phones.

"Good point. I can't remember the last full album I purchased, and I rarely purchase single songs from iTunes any more since it's so effortless to listen to Pandora. I have over 2,000 songs in my playlist but I suspect that will pretty much be my final collection of purchased songs. This can't be good for the music industry."

Don't feel too bad for the music industry, they get a royalty on every song you listen to on Pandora. That why you can't skip over more than like six songs and if you are not a monthly/yearly subscriber they will stop playing music every few hours and put up the verbage "are you still listening?". They are just not earning maybe as much the old traditional way on CD, Album sales etc but they have income coming in through many different online sources now. They don't seem to be hurting too much, IMO.

Does anyone know how to find song set lists from XM radio?

I have sat radio in my truck but it doesn't work at home in Alaska. I bought the truck in Idaho... on the drive home I was listening to the XM Outlaw Country station... they played some pretty good tunes from artists I have never heard of... I'm hoping I could find these songs on Spotify,

I use Pandora not Spotify but I believe they are similar in how they build your listening lists. You should be able to put in the names of one or more artists that you enjoyed on the XM Outlaw station and Spotify will start to build a compatible playlist of similar artists. i have really expanded my music listening interests since I first started listening to Pandora. My daughter uses Spotify and is happy with it too.

I use Pandora not Spotify but I believe they are similar in how they build your listening lists. You should be able to put in the names of one or more artists that you enjoyed on the XM Outlaw station and Spotify will start to build a compatible playlist of similar artists. i have really expanded my music listening interests since I first started listening to Pandora. My daughter uses Spotify and is happy with it too.

Unfortunately I don't have the artist names or song names. I should have wrote the info down while I was traveling. I was hoping someone knew how to find the playlist from the XM stations.

Here you go:

XM Playlist Search - XM Satellite Radio - DogstarRadio.com

You can leave the search fields blank and just select the channel you want the playlist for.

Thank you Snidely! This is exactly what I was looking for... how's Dudley?

150px-Dudley_Do-Right.jpg

Thats pretty cool. I didn't know that existed. Figured XM wouldn't let that out. Thanks

Big Pandora fan. I especially play it when I work out (the ads are few and short so it doesn't really bother me) and while we prepare dinner. Very rarely even use my iTunes anymore. Never tried Spotify or XM.

Back
Top Bottom