Question for anyone in or retired from GMC new truck sales

Bamaman is right, the GMC and Chevy are essentially the same truck, it even says so on the cover of the service manual. I think the GMC has a few more options and perhaps a bit closer tolerances on fit & finish but the guts are the same.

Attachments

• GMC_manual.jpg
    GMC_manual.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 8
Bamaman is right, the GMC and Chevy are essentially the same truck, it even says so on the cover of the service manual. I think the GMC has a few more options and perhaps a bit closer tolerances on fit & finish but the guts are the same.

I've had several Chevy and GMC trucks. Back in the day, the Chevy was the more optioned model with the Silverado Package, etc. The GMC was considered the "working man's" truck and more plain Jane, so to say. Drive lines and body parts were identical.

Maybe in today's worid of juicing up vehicles with lots of expensive options, GMC has joined the party.

I think the GMC has a few more options and perhaps a bit closer tolerances on fit & finish but the guts are the same.

Actually they are produced on the same assembly line by the same workers. The 'fit and finish' differences are probably due to the production schedule, with Chevys mfg. on MWF and GMCs on TT. :)

Go to thecarconnection.com web page, look up GMC and you'll see for yourself the difference between sticker and invoice.......it isn't even close to 10k. Remember I didn't say you couldn't save 10k on a $63000 truck.....I said the dealer doesn't have 10k in mark up.......please read my post, again, and look at the whole picture before you make your decision. I'd hate for a customer to think he was getting screwed when there werent any factory incentives.....or expensive high gross profit equipment added....or sometimes a dealer might add "additional dealer profit" that usse that added profit as part of the bigger discount. If you take Consumer Reports they'll publish sticker and invoice prices from time to time....e mail them and ask for the true story.

I really like the Cedar Creeks floorplans and their high ceilings in the living area. They're definitely full size, heavy trailers requiring a dually.

You say, " I could park in the woods and never come out." I just hope you can find some trees to camp in without having to go too far. It's pretty desert-y around Las Vegas.

Go to thecarconnection.com web page, look up GMC and you'll see for yourself the difference between sticker and invoice.......it isn't even close to 10k.

Do some additional research and you'll see the "invoice price" isn't all that meaningful when it comes to what the dealership actually pays for a vehicle.

AS A RESULT, THE INVOICE PRICE HAS BECOME A BLOATED IMPOSTER THAT BEARS NO RELATIONSHIP TO ANY ESTIMATE OF "DEALER COST."

Fighting Chance New Car Buying Guide - The "Dealer Invoice Price" Is A Bloated Imposter

The Eye-Opening Truth About Dealer Invoice Price

Last edited:
REW is correct. Dealers don't pay "invoice" on a car. It is not representative of their cost.

My last new auto purchases were in 2003 and 2008 on a Chevy and a Honda. Both were negotiated well below "invoice."

Back to the original question, congrats to Lisa for getting what seems a good deal on a truck that is capable to tow the new trailer safely. It is always better to have some safety margin and the dually has the most, even if a single wheel or 3/4 ton is potentially technically within limits.

BTW, 10 hours is nothing to drive, that's an easy day by my perspective. However I do not mind road tripping and driving, whereas some people it is near torture for anything over 100 miles.

I recently bought a new 2014 (in Dec 2014) Chevy Silverado, and after some dealing, paid almost $11,000 less than the $39,475 sticker price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Go to thecarconnection.com web page, look up GMC and you'll see for yourself the difference between sticker and invoice.......it isn't even close to 10k. Remember I didn't say you couldn't save 10k on a $63000 truck.....I said the dealer doesn't have 10k in mark up.......please read my post, again, and look at the whole picture before you make your decision. I'd hate for a customer to think he was getting screwed when there werent any factory incentives.....or expensive high gross profit equipment added....or sometimes a dealer might add "additional dealer profit" that usse that added profit as part of the bigger discount. If you take Consumer Reports they'll publish sticker and invoice prices from time to time....e mail them and ask for the true story.

if you are using websites like carconnection or consumer reports you may be leaving some money on the table, just sayin

BTW, 10 hours is nothing to drive, that's an easy day by my perspective. However I do not mind road tripping and driving, whereas some people it is near torture for anything over 100 miles.

10 hours is nothing! We love to hop in the car and drive to some place fun for lunch. A couple of weekends ago we drove ~200 miles one way to Arizona to have lunch in an old mining town that is host to a huge pack of donkeys that were left behind when the mining stopped. The locals feed them and they just wander through town.

We regularly drive 1400 miles from Vegas to Texas to visit relatives so we can't wait to hit the road with the new truck and RV. Unfortunately I can't go to Boise on Monday with DH to get the new truck. I'm still working and can't take the day off. :(

Back
Top Bottom