Votes: 35 7.8%
  • To be a caregiver for loved one

Votes: 31 6.9%
  • Got caught with my Ponzi scheme - in jail

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 50 11.1%

• Total voters
I had a great career (even with the stress and the ridiculous 24x7 work schedule).

I left because there were other things I wanted to do and a full-on career in big law didn't leave any time for other things. We only get one life and I have a really long bucket list.

MegaCorp overreacted to the downturn of 2008, and they decided to retire every employee over the age of 55. They offered termination packages and paid out the nose to get rid of everyone--with a signed hold harmless agreement against age discrimination.

Best thing to happen to the employees, as most were waiting for a package to go "to the house." MegaCorp. is still doing okay, pensions are well funded and retiree benefits still cost them a bunch.

Turning 60. I have a lot of interests, w**k not being one of them. Been there, done that. Bye-Bye (not there yet...downsizing house....downsizing job...hope to be out in a year or two)

Almost to the minute I realized I could get a full year's pension credit for working through the end of the fall semester. Otherwise, I was going eight months later when early SS kicked in.

Back
Top Bottom