Join Early Retirement Today

Solivita - Florida 55+
Old 03-28-2021, 08:41 AM   #1
Confused about dryer sheets

Solivita - Florida 55+

My wife and I have recently started looking at various 55+ communities in Florida. We recently visited Solivita in Kissimmee. I was wondering if there were any members here that could provide first hand insight on living in Solivita. Thanks in advance.
tonytenmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2021, 10:12 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
I had to look as it's a consideration for us to move to FL one day. At first it looked nice, but I did find there were some lawsuits related to the developer allegedly selling the residents something twice. It also states the place is slow to fill up, only 70% sold after many years.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/clas...613-story.html
Old 03-30-2021, 09:58 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

[........At first it looked nice, but I did find there were some lawsuits related to the developer allegedly selling the residents something twice. It also states the place is slow to fill up, only 70% sold after many years.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/clas...613-story.html

FYI-I have no knowledge of this development's history, it's current status, nor satisfaction of it's residents.

The article linked above is nearly 4 years old. Perhaps the litigation is now resolved, or the potential outcomes are more clear. More digging is needed to determine how close to "sold out" the development is now.

Respectfully suggest more research is need.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:18 AM   #4
Full time employment: Posting here.

My inlaws lived there for 20 years. Great place, they were very happy. I've been there a couple times for short stays and loved the place. I'm a golfer so two courses on site was heaven to me. Great "downtown" area with indoor/outdoor pools and nice gym. Tons of activities.
As to not filling up, I know that originally was not a problem and they were sold out. They keep expanding though so I can't speak to how it is now. I could ask my FIL he still has friends there.
They added a new section of less expensive homes, maybe this is what's not selling? I've never looked into the financials but just as a place to live and enjoy the amenities I wouldn't hesitate. One downside for me was the surrounding traffic. Seemed like any venture outside the community was a long trip. Not that there wasn't stuff close by, just that traffic was so bad.
If there's anything else you want to know, let me know and I'll ask my FIL.
garyt is offline   Reply With Quote