Pics from DD's wedding in late April

It was fun! Old Dad is glad it's over! :LOL:

IMG_7481.jpg

IMG_7885.jpg

IMG_7911.jpg

IMG_8111.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

IMG_8552.jpg

I am back from 18 days in Patagonia, and it was quite disappointing. It literally rained on 14 of them, and only about 2 1/2 had sun. I got some good pics, but it would have been so much nicer if the weather had been better. Definitely the worst weather luck I have ever had. An example:

Attachments

• IMG_4305FB.jpg
    IMG_4305FB.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 33
Ouch! sorry about the weather. Just means more time processing.
I remember shooting a high school basketball game inside a fairly dark gym. Had my DSLR set to 3200ASA (ISO for you young'uns). Next day brought my camera to shoot an eagle with chicks in the nest. Got some awesome shots with her flying around and feeding them. Yes, all at 3200ASA!

I guess December/January would be the warmest months down there?

Ah what a bummer.

I'm intrigued about Chile, not just Macchu Pichu but also Torres del Paine.

But I hear the conditions there could be extreme as well -- high winds as well as being so remote, with limited lodging options.

Photos of falcon chicks (kestrel) leaving their nest for their first flight.

Attachments

• IMG_6275.jpg
    IMG_6275.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6338.jpg
    IMG_6338.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6340.jpg
    IMG_6340.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 25
Ah what a bummer.

I'm intrigued about Chile, not just Macchu Pichu but also Torres del Paine.

But I hear the conditions there could be extreme as well -- high winds as well as being so remote, with limited lodging options.

We were in Torres del Paine. Had one morning of visibility. It would be fabulous in good weather. Not as remote as other areas we were in. There is a bit of tourist support. Lodging is growing.

In Greece recently, and took a few:

Attachments

• IMG_2599.jpg
    IMG_2599.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2651.jpg
    IMG_2651.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1560.jpg
    IMG_1560.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 53
Thanks ggbutcher ! - After a long absence I have rediscovered why I like Black and white - some pictures have much more impact in B&W. I now shoot with pictures with this in mind.

Very nice picture Ronstar..

I am coming back to B&W after about 40 years - of course back in those days you actually had to shoot in B&W film. Kodak Plus-x and Tri-X come to mind. Now it's all digital and "post" work.

Very nice Ronstar! - love the contrasts that you brought out of the sky.

Here's one I took last month in Erice, a mountain top town in Sicily overlooking the city of Trapani and other places below.

It was stitched together in Lightroom from about a dozen RAW files, resulting in a 550 MB DNG file.

This one is a much detail-reduced JPG for the purpose of posting online.

Attachments

• DSC_6132-Pano.jpg
    DSC_6132-Pano.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 62
+1
The tetons shot is stunning. What lens and setting did you use for that?

Thanks. Nikon Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 lens. Settings ISO64 24 mm f11 1/160sec with a Lee graduated neutral density filter (.6 I think). Edited in Silver Efex Pro.

Last edited:
Here's one I took last month in Erice, a mountain top town in Sicily overlooking the city of Trapani and other places below.

It was stitched together in Lightroom from about a dozen RAW files, resulting in a 550 MB DNG file.

This one is a much detail-reduced JPG for the purpose of posting online.

Very nice! I'm going to try a stitch that big one of these days. Didn't know if Lightroom could merge that many individual photos. I think I did this one in 7.

42369797052_7d5f7e426e_h.jpg

I haven't tried a multi row pano.

I shoot handheld so that might be pushing it.

DW and I went out in the kayak this morning. Saw an eagle raid a heron's nest and get chased off. But not before snatching a chick. I did not tell DW that the raid was successful. I was a little too far away to catch a good shot. I was pleased with the bee photo, though.

Attachments

• Flower Bee in flight crop.jpg
    Flower Bee in flight crop.jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Heron defending nest.jpg
    Heron defending nest.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom