The Photographers' Corner 2013-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
photography can be dangerous. I was lying on the ground taking some shots yesterday. Today I have a tick in my belly button

The Photographers' Corner

photography can be dangerous. I was lying on the ground taking some shots yesterday. Today I have a tick in my belly button

Picture?

No picture, it didn't happen... Lol

Picture?

No picture, it didn't happen... Lol

Ha! DW did take a photo, but its not clear and it was taken when she filled my belly button with dawn dish washing soap trying to smother the critter. Couldn't see the tick in the photo. Definitely not a photo worthy of this thread.

Anyway she broke off the body while trying to remove it, leaving the head still attached to my flesh. I went to quick care, where they were unable to get all of it out. Now on to a dr appt this afternoon. I'll see if he can snap a good HDR of whats left

Last edited:

How about the backbone from a Crucifix Fish?

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1398966799.299159.jpg

Last edited:
I really appreciate this thread. It's making me go back over ideas and concepts I've taken for granted for years, go back over old photos and rethink them, and drag the gear back out of storage and start shooting again - if only for fun.

I really appreciate this thread. It's making me go back over ideas and concepts I've taken for granted for years, go back over old photos and rethink them, and drag the gear back out of storage and start shooting again - if only for fun.
The fun is an absolutely essential ingredient. Whether or not you're making money at it is secondary, especially to us ER's ;)

The fun is an absolutely essential ingredient. Whether or not you're making money at it is secondary, especially to us ER's ;)

There was a time the money was important, and that's when it stopped being fun. Actually caught myself whistling today...

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1398983786.822210.jpg

Searching around the basement for interesting stuff to make into a composition. Wished I hadn't been clearing out the junk lately lol.

Last edited:

I don't think I can add that high.

How much of that is outsourced to foreign companies?

Been messing around in the studio, which I can't do with my glasses on. So now, guess what?

Last edited:
I don't think I can add that high.

How much of that is outsourced to foreign companies?

Been messing around in the studio, which I can't do with my glasses on. So now, guess what?

"The F-35's nine partner countries are Australia, Canada, Denmark, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States. Suppliers in all the partner countries are producing F-35 components for all aircraft, not just those for their country."

https://www.f35.com/global

You lost your glasses? How close was your backdrop behind the microphone/headset? I can't believe how black the background is

A b&w of an F35 Lightning

How did you get that shot without anyone in front of it? Going by the crowd it looks like an air show. Just ordinary patience? I found it almost impossible and resorted to a tripod and waiting until people moved around so I could remove them later. I did this one in Elements, I forget the procedure now but I'm sure "behind the scenes" it's doing layering and masking.

It's a composite of four different shots.

Attachments

• P-51-1.jpg
    P-51-1.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 9
Nice shot Walt! Looks like a P51 Mustang

Yes I had to wait about 20 minutes for the crowd in front of me to take photos of the F35, but they cleared out leaving me in the front- It was at the Luke Air Force Base air show in March

Yes, it is a P51. That was at an air show in Martinsburg, WV four years ago. I love air shows but hate crowds so it's always mixed feelings going to one.

All those awesome aircraft pics made me go dig into my old aircraft picture library.

All of those were taken in 1999/2000 with a basic SLR camera (Canon EOS 5000 equipped with a 70-300mm lens IIRC), on slide film, and then scanned with a HP photosmart S20 photo scanner so the quality of the digital copies is not that great.

14104944133_3d3e917f0a_o.jpg

13898266647_8469f6cbc2_o.jpg

13898292588_aaec2a97fa_o.jpg

Airplane spotting was such a great hobby!

"The F-35's nine partner countries are Australia, Canada, Denmark, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States. Suppliers in all the partner countries are producing F-35 components for all aircraft, not just those for their country."

https://www.f35.com/global

You lost your glasses? How close was your backdrop behind the microphone/headset? I can't believe how black the background is

Yes. But I found them. About three or four feet. It's a length of black cloth I use for backdrops.

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1398988915.188931.jpg

Originally, the photo included my iPad on a holder just beneath the mic, displaying sheet music. But, even using double exposures, I couldn't get the screen to look right.

Nice images, FIREd - I can never get scans to look right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom