The Photographers' Corner 2013-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice colors...

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Ducks watching the fountain at Fountain Hills, Az

16271105468_2128323c2b_k.jpg

Ha! I'm kinda slow today. No pun intended at the time. I'm wondering - is that combo enough to handle a bear attack?

That's the reason I purchased the gun - it handles up to a .460 magnum round. It's powerful enough for any game.

Ready for bear country..

View attachment 21096

Know next to nothing about guns. What kind of gun is that and what's the little vent like thing on the end of the barrel? Is that a couple of knives in a holder? Love the handles and are they "art" or working knives?
It is a cool shot!

Our valley is bordered to the west by the Rocky Mountains and attracts the most attention by photographers. This is the "other" side, a much older well worn area called Rosita Hills.

what a difference a week makes

I was having a beverage in said gazebo a week ago

Attachments

• Backyad snow 2.jpg
    Backyad snow 2.jpg
    787.4 KB · Views: 15
No snow in sight here in Brisbane- although they are predicting we may have the effects of a tropical cyclone tomorrow.

Attachments

• EP1030270.jpg
    EP1030270.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 12
  • EP1030277.jpg
    EP1030277.jpg
    583.2 KB · Views: 12
Gong Xi Fa Cai 2566 - Year of the Ram

When I was out for my morning walk I spotted this sheep having a morning coffee to bring in the New Year and the Year of the Ram.

Attachments

• EP1030299.jpg
    EP1030299.jpg
    640.4 KB · Views: 14
When I was out for my morning walk I spotted this sheep having a morning coffee to bring in the New Year and the Year of the Ram.

Good looking sheep! :D

Know next to nothing about guns. What kind of gun is that and what's the little vent like thing on the end of the barrel? Is that a couple of knives in a holder? Love the handles and are they "art" or working knives?
It is a cool shot!

It's a S&W 460 - essentially a big game handgun. There is one round considered slightly more powerful - the S&W 500 - but the difference is insignificant. The 460 has the flexibility to shoot a .45 Colt, a .454 Casull and the .460, each more powerful than the previous. Not a good concealed carry firearm, but a great field piece if one is concerned about about moose or bear of any variety. The vents redirect escaping gasses, to help keep the recoil down. Shooting the .460 round can hurt. Not so much the .454, but it still needs a bit of respect as well.

The knives are working knives, bought in Homer Alaska. They were made by a local artist/knife smith.

The Photographers' Corner

Don't forget the bells and pepper spray... :whistle:

Guess you know the joke about how to tell black bear feces from grizzly bear feces:

Black bear feces has berry seed in it, and grizzly bear poop contains bells, buttons, and smells like pepper spray...

Guess you know the joke about how to tell black bear feces from grizzly bear feces:

Black bear feces has berry seed in it, and grizzly bear poop contains bells, buttons, and smells like pepper spray...

OMG. THAT was funny!
Thanks for the answer about your gun.

From my backyard today - odd cloud formation, then it took on the shape of an eagle (c'mon....it's an eagle!)

Eagle-Cloud-2.jpg

BBQnut, I'm a cloud watcher.....looks like native American eagle, man smoking a cigar, profile of someone with a baseball cap, rubber duck

Or the old Trans Am hood decal...

Hilarious..

I wouldn't use pepper spray on a bear as its too hard to aim, I'd use bear spray as it goes out in a big fog.

I'd be so scared I know I'd miss with a gun, unless I already had it out and expected an attack.

I have a couple of cans of bear spray from a trip we took, I keep one by the bed because I realized if anyone broke in at night, I could just spray it down the hallway and it would stop any sub-humans pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom