The Photographers' Corner 2013-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We spent the weekend in San Francisco and shot a time lapse video. The weather was fantastic for this time of year. It's an amazing location for photography/videography. I was surprised how crowded it was considering it's off season.

Nice video. Just starting to get into video myself. Have much to learn.

The Photographers' Corner

Last time I posted I was shooting with a Nikon D200 IIRC. That went swimming and I replaced it with a D800. I think that’s just been replaced with my iPhone 11 Pro lol

Last edited:
Ok it’s been 5 years. Which code do I use to show a Flickr image?

The Photographers' Corner

IMG_0149.jpg

Some photos from our recent circle Lake Superior road trip

Attachments

• Bond Falls.jpg
    Bond Falls.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • porcupine mtns Lake of the Clouds.jpg
    porcupine mtns Lake of the Clouds.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • porcupine mtns south bdry road.jpg
    porcupine mtns south bdry road.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • Split Rock Lighthouse.jpg
    Split Rock Lighthouse.jpg
    905.2 KB · Views: 33
  • sunburst forest.jpg
    sunburst forest.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • Wawa Sandy Beach 1.jpg
    Wawa Sandy Beach 1.jpg
    605.6 KB · Views: 34
Not into photography myself, but my son is, and was able to catch this shot on a flight from Singapore to Australia. For the description see: NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day

That's a pretty clean shot from a plane at night. The stars look good.

Unless he rigged up a DSLR somehow to stand still for several seconds, it's pretty impressive.

That's a pretty clean shot from a plane at night. The stars look good.

Unless he rigged up a DSLR somehow to stand still for several seconds, it's pretty impressive.

Yes, he was in an A380 window seat with a table in front of the window. He set up a small tripod, and draped blankets around the window to screen out cabin light.

The reason it is the APOD is that the blue streak is an exploding meteor bright enough to reflect off the wing of the plane. The second blue line is a reflection due to the double window panes in the airplane.

It is a once-in-a-lifetime shot.

Excellent in every way Ron! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

Yes, he was in an A380 window seat with a table in front of the window. He set up a small tripod, and draped blankets around the window to screen out cabin light.

The reason it is the APOD is that the blue streak is an exploding meteor bright enough to reflect off the wing of the plane. The second blue line is a reflection due to the double window panes in the airplane.

It is a once-in-a-lifetime shot.

Incredible photo! Thanks for posting and explaining how your son did it.

Just practice shooting and editing. It's a great hobby. I enjoy it much more than photography alone.

Photography just became too easy with the advent of digital and computers. I enjoy a challenge and learning curve, so I’m learning on my iPhone, using an Osmo3 gimbal, and editing on the iPad ( we’re currently on an extended camping trip). Making a lot of mistakes, but learning a bit. Lol

So I found some massive bird droppings on the edge of our rear patio in our backyard that is partially covered by one of our trees. I looked up and there was a juvenile owl sitting and we made eye contact. I ran inside the house and got a camera and snapped some photos. We haven't seen the adult owl for a for quite some time. We normally see the two fly by sometimes in the evening when we are in the pool or spa. My wife wants me to build a owl house for it and mount it on our tree where it has been hanging out.

Attachments

• P2500434.jpg
    P2500434.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 37
  • P2500374.jpg
    P2500374.jpg
    828.6 KB · Views: 36
  • P2500389.jpg
    P2500389.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 40
  • P2500412.jpg
    P2500412.jpg
    632 KB · Views: 41
  • P2500415.jpg
    P2500415.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 46
The weather was beautiful yesterday and we went to Santa Monica and shot this video. It was 84 degrees in Santa Monica yesterday and will be warming up even more this week.

Out for a hike and found some fall color at the Kankakee River State Park

Attachments

• rock creek waterfall.jpg
    rock creek waterfall.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
So I found some massive bird droppings on the edge of our rear patio in our backyard that is partially covered by one of our trees. I looked up and there was a juvenile owl sitting and we made eye contact. I ran inside the house and got a camera and snapped some photos. We haven't seen the adult owl for a for quite some time. We normally see the two fly by sometimes in the evening when we are in the pool or spa. My wife wants me to build a owl house for it and mount it on our tree where it has been hanging out.

What a pretty owl!

^ Great time lapse as usual. Also nice work in the owl photos. I can't get anywhere near the owls around here.

The two owls have been observing us for years. I saw the adult owl a few days ago. It is massive for a flying bird (about 22-24" high with wingspan of about 6'). It was sitting on our palm tree and I went in to get the camera and it was gone. One day I will be able to snap a photo of it. The juvenile owl appear more fearless. It sometimes perches 8-10' from us an just watches us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom