The Photographers' Corner - 2021 to ?

Thanks folks. Though not a super moon this Sunday, I know it’ll be a clear evening so I’m going to try and do a sequence of moon positions as it passes across the lighthouse. Thankfully it’s only 3 miles from the house…��

I've seen some beautiful photography in this thread...but I thought some would get a kick out of this picture I took this morning with my phone.

I was enjoying the first snow of the year up on the hills when I looked over and noticed this guy with a mouth full of my bushes.

I guess it's time to put up the deer fence.

Attachments

• PXL_20231003_135349192.jpg
    PXL_20231003_135349192.jpg
    878.4 KB · Views: 38
Post Harvest Moon

Ok finally got it, sort of. Had overexposed moon and had to do a lot in PP to make it viewable. I was 1.3 miles from the lighthous.

Attachments

• IMG_7270.jpg
    IMG_7270.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 22
I've seen some beautiful photography in this thread...but I thought some would get a kick out of this picture I took this morning with my phone.

I was enjoying the first snow of the year up on the hills when I looked over and noticed this guy with a mouth full of my bushes.

I guess it's time to put up the deer fence.

That is a beautiful photo!!!! My kind of scenery and landscape.

I reworked this image of the Cygnus Loop (Veil Nebula) taken in June I think. As mentioned before, I create the image files on a remote telescope, then stack exposures and process the images myself.

Attachments

• Veil_HDR-Lum-eNh_BPlayer.jpg
    Veil_HDR-Lum-eNh_BPlayer.jpg
    566.8 KB · Views: 32
Incredible donheff!

That's amazing stuff. :cool:
Thanks. Remember, for the camera/scope portion, I am not able to DIY. I rent time on setups around the world that fit the target I am interested in. The stacking and image processing that I do is complicated and fun, and the results are pretty fantastic which is why I thought you "real" photographers would be interested. I do have some worldly images that are pretty good from time to time, but I wouldn't hold them up to most I see here. I will keep my eyes out for some that seem worthy. :)

Some of you may find a screen shot from yesterday evening interesting. I discovered a new network of remote scopes yesterday afternoon and decided to see how easy they are to use. I setup and submitted a project on a telescope in Italy to capture the Heart Nebula. I expected it to go in a queue and get run in a few days. I was surprised to get an email a few hours later telling me data was incoming. I logged on and saw that they drop individual exposures (subs) into my data portal as they come off the camera (most of these places wait until the whole project is done). Also, they have a live console view that shows your imaging session underway. This is basically the same thing you would see on a laptop on a home setup.

The screenshot below is my session underway.

Attachments

• SkyGems_Screenshot.jpg
    SkyGems_Screenshot.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 25
Donheff, that is some amazing working.

wow, ya just blew my head up Don, no idea this stuff was out there....

Not the Star stuff, the scopes around the world !!!!!!!!

wow, ya just blew my head up Don, no idea this stuff was out there....

Not the Star stuff, the scopes around the world !!!!!!!!
Yes, it is amazing. These are high-end "amateur" scopes and cameras. By that, I mean they are largely the type of equipment very well-heeled astrophotography enthusiasts might have at home. Most enthusiasts use equipment a level down from these, as would I if my location was amenable to DIY. Many entry level folks use a DSLR and a telephoto lens on a relatively inexpensive tracking mount and get excellent images of wide field targets like Andromeda or the Veil Nebula I posted a few days ago. Some patient photographers even do pretty well in urban locations - sometimes gathering data for 10-20 hours.

Worldwide networks can get confusing. You need to use planetarium software to see where targets will be in the local sky to make sure you can image it. For example, yesterday looking at this new network, I found an inexpensive wide-field scope that would fit both the Heart Nebula and the Soul Nebula in one frame. I thought that would be cool and entered the project. Then I slapped my forehead and said, darn that's in Namibia, no way I can get a good image from down there. I quickly canceled that project and ended up in Italy with a narrower FOV targeting just the Heart.

Amazing capture! I don’t have a scope, haven’t had one since high school. But I do want to get into Astro landscape photography. Looking to add a 20mm 1.8 Nikkor next.

I reworked this image of the Cygnus Loop (Veil Nebula) taken in June I think. As mentioned before, I create the image files on a remote telescope, then stack exposures and process the images myself.

^^^^^
On one hand, the squirrel placement is genius.

On the other hand, it raises my blood pressure because squirrels have completely obliterated my lawn this fall.:facepalm: I'm blinded by that squirrel. Is there something in the background?

Usually this little cute critters bring warm feelings. Not for me!:mad:

Dream Lake, Luray Caverns, Virginia

Attachments

• DSC_6807bdreamlake.jpg
    DSC_6807bdreamlake.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
^^^^^
On one hand, the squirrel placement is genius.

On the other hand, it raises my blood pressure because squirrels have completely obliterated my lawn this fall.:facepalm: I'm blinded by that squirrel. Is there something in the background?

Usually this little cute critters bring warm feelings. Not for me!:mad:

off camera there was a guy feeding squirrels. There were several more squirrels there - all eating. I suspect that your yard is a great food source for your squirrels. I have the same problem- lots of acorns - lots of squirrels. Some have taken residence in my owl house. And they won’t leave.

Back
Top Bottom