The Photographers' Corner - 2021 to ?

I'll start off 2021 with some photos generated from video screen grabs from our hike earlier in the week at the Star Trek Historic File Site (Vasquez Rocks). I'm making a video of this location including scoring the soundtrack with sounds similar to the background music and sound effects but not by copying actual sounds from the episodes of from Star Trek to avoid copyright issues.

Attachments

• Image1 copy.jpg
    Image1 copy.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Image2 copy.jpg
    Image2 copy.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Image3 copy.jpg
    Image3 copy.jpg
    552.1 KB · Views: 109
This is what I got for the Great Conjunction and the Cold Moon.

Attachments

• DSC_2280.jpg
    DSC_2280.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_2292.jpg
    DSC_2292.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 104
No kayaking today

ETA - 17 merged portrait exposures. 72 mb file, resaved at 25mb to get on er.org, but looks compressed

Attachments

• no kayaking today 25mb.jpg
    no kayaking today 25mb.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Beautiful pictures thanks for sharing them!

Here are a couple I took on a frosty morning at the ranch. Took with my phone. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_5830.jpg
    IMG_5830.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,424
  • IMG_5833.jpg
    IMG_5833.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,430
I finished the edit late last night of the video of our hike around the iconic Star Trek Historic Film Site. It's good to get away and get fresh air and some solitude. This is a popular location where many feature films have been shot in addition to the many generations of the Star Trek series.

WOW! That is very interesting! That was a great video and I thank you for sharing it.

Last year I submitted a few shots to a small magazine photo contest. Recently they notified me that I had won the Grand Prize and some money! This is the winner: La Salle Falls in Starved Rock State Park, Illinois.

Attachments

• IMG_0089FB.jpg
    IMG_0089FB.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Well, congratulations! That is a great picture.

Last year I submitted a few shots to a small magazine photo contest. Recently they notified me that I had won the Grand Prize and some money! This is the winner: La Salle Falls in Starved Rock State Park, Illinois.

Nice composition and great dynamic range.

I finished the edit late last night of the video of our hike around the iconic Star Trek Historic Film Site. It's good to get away and get fresh air and some solitude. This is a popular location where many feature films have been shot in addition to the many generations of the Star Trek series.

Another great video!

Beautiful pictures Ronstar.

I went out yesterday to see if the Goldens where working on the nest but couldn't find them.

Thanks! Great that you have some Golden nests to check on. I don’t think we have Goldens in the midwest. Some bald eagle nests, but very seldom occupied.

Back
Top Bottom