The Photographers' Corner 2013-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 on the Copper Hill cleaning kit ... the one with the magnifying viewer is a bargain.

It looks like there may be something on the sensor - getting a perfectly round aberration showing up on the highlights. It's there for multiple lenses. But that doesn't seem to be a dust problem. Perhaps a drop of liquid on the sensor dried and left a film...

Nothing special about this picture. I was on a road trip through some small ND towns and spotted this, just thought it was interesting.

Attachments

• Mountain Cemetary-2.jpg
    Mountain Cemetary-2.jpg
    525 KB · Views: 17
Couple of shots from today's hike. Normally would be clearer, but the Sedona forest fire is making the sky smoky/hazy 10-20 miles south of the fireImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1401318548.124871.jpgImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1401318564.905164.jpg

Nevertheless, it still looks pretty good, Ronstar.

EDIT - I just looked at the larger size versions and they look great.

Last edited:
Thanks major tom, splitwdw and rewahoo- photos were taken around bell rock, courthouse butte and cathedral rock on the south side of Sedona. Oak creek canyon north of Sedona is still on fire and most if the area is smoky.

Could try a circular polarizer to cut through some of the haze.

Good ones should run $60-70.

It will also have made the rocks and dirt redder, assuming they weren't enhanced in post already.

Could try a circular polarizer to cut through some of the haze.

Good ones should run $60-70.

It will also have made the rocks and dirt redder, assuming they weren't enhanced in post already.

Thanks for the tip. I have one on my 70-300. I used it for only a few shots. I'll have to take a look at them.

I should add that polarizers cut reflections, including moisture in the air.

I've never tried it in an environment like AZ though.

Maybe not as dry in the mountains?

Ronstar. The haze works to good effect in the second photo, giving a sense of distance. Nice

Thanks Walt! I have put my trail camera back up in the meantime, hopefully yo capture an actual live birth. Lots of does around here with my highest group count of about 28. I saw twin fawns yesterday and a new baby this morning.

Ronstar. The haze works to good effect in the second photo, giving a sense of distance. Nice

Thanks - I was thinking that the haze would add some affects not normally seen in Sedona shots. Here's one taken directly into the morning sun toward the fire, with a polarizing filter and 70-300 lens.
ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1401404155.411886.jpg

Nice work mathjak107. Seraphim looks like you're having a blast. Never been to New England.

Ronstar I love both of those pics.

Here's one showing our spring runoff taken this morning. Water everywhere right now.

The Photographers' Corner

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1401761719.215383.jpg

Spent about an hour on Mt Battie trying to get a good peek-a-boo shot of the harbor, framed in the fog. Never quite worked. There was either too much, or too little, fog. At one point it was clear, then you'd be unable to locate the harbor.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1401762307.462369.jpg
ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1401762323.648831.jpg
ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1401762343.833759.jpg

These were taken in logging country in the Moosehead Lake region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom