trip report

With Texas rattle snakes it's the same drill.  big ones, medium ones, and small ones.
Like chiggers and ticks, they really like tourists.  :D

Martha said:
. . .
*  The Glore Psychiatric Museum in UncleMick's new hometown of St. Joe is one of the best museums I have ever seen.  Interesting to see how mental illness was treated through the years.  Enemas.  Blasts of cold water.  Cages.  "Hamster" wheels. Drilling into the skull.  Etc. 
. . .
Today large companies use many of these same techniques to keep their employees in line. :LOL:

((^+^)) SG said:
Today large companies use many of these same techniques to keep their employees in line. :LOL:

Wow, I just thought the very same thing, I didn't realise you worked for megacorp as well! ;)

Laurence said:
Wow, I just thought the very same thing, I didn't realise you worked for megacorp as well!  ;)
I have the drill holes in my skull to prove it. :LOL:

Apocalypse . . .um . . .SOON said:
The most troubling part of the trip for me was our strong desire to be near the internet.  We even moved our campsite away from a beautiful spot on the lake shore to get better cell phone service and internet connection.  We would stop at malls just to use the internet for a few minutes.  Something is wrong--maybe.  I'm worried I might have to add a forth pillar to my retirement plans:  play--find a wi-fi spot--snack-- nap--repeat. 

--Greg

IIRC, you guys were travelling in an RV, right? How about a Datastorm antenna?

Oh I lust for DataStorm. :smitten: But the purchase and installation costs approached $5000 when I last looked and the monthly fee was about a $100.

DirectWay has a portable satellite Internet dish. You would have to set it up manually each time and find the satellite. You have to find a place to store the relatively large dish. The cost is about $1500 and the monthly fee closer to $50. So that is an option. Some motorhomers find it hard to acquire the satellite signal and if you pull into a campground in the rain and want to set up, spending an hour setting up doesn't sound too fun. One upside though is that you could also use it at home.

Martha said:
Oh I lust for DataStorm.  :smitten:  But the purchase and installation costs approached $5000 when I last looked and the monthly fee was about a $100.

DirectWay has a portable satellite Internet dish.  You would have to set it up manually each time and find the satellite. You have to find a place to store the relatively large dish.  The cost is about $1500 and the monthly fee closer to $50.  So that is an option.  Some motorhomers find it hard to acquire the satellite signal and if you pull into a campground in the rain and want to set up, spending an hour setting up doesn't sound too fun.  One upside though is that you could also use it at home. 

If I were in your shoees and used the RV frequently (say, 1 week per month on average), it would be a no-brainer to go for datastorm. Think about it: you travel in one of these things to be able to go wherever you like, stay in neat places (not hotels), and see stuff. You guys actually left a beautiful site because you couldn't get decent cell reception. How much does that suck?

Could you do VOIP with a datastorm? Maybe you could chuck a cellphone to help pay for the fees.

I think the lag time with the satellite makes VOIP difficult. I would be more inclined to think about DataStorm if we could use it at home. But given that it is mounted on the motorhome permanently, that would be difficult and would be impossible in the snow months.

Martha said:
No Branson.  Sorry, not my kind of music.  :)

More non heehaw music for Martha  8)
Frank Stallone's Day In Day Out Tour Opens In Branson, Mo.

Frank Stallone, one of America's best big band and jazz singers, is bringing his "Day In Day Out" Tour to Branson, Missouri on October 31, 2005.

For Immediate Release

BRANSON, Mo./EWORLDWIRE/Oct. 28, 2005 --- Frank Stallone, one of America's best big band and jazz singers, is bringing his "Day In Day Out" Tour to Branson, Missouri. Shows run Monday through Saturday at 2:00 p.m. at the Branson White House Theatre starting October 31 through December 10, 2005.

Stallone, a Grammy, Golden Globe and Academy Award nominated artist, is one of music's most renowned big band, jazz and blues singers. When talking about Stallone and his music, Tony Bennett said, "Frank Stallone's new album is a knockout. It's the kind of music that I love to hear and be around."

About The "Day In Day Out" Tour

Stallone, who has performed for sold out audiences from Las Vegas to London, is now set to premier his "Day In Day Out" tour in Branson, Mo. This tour is so much more than just a concert or show; the "Day In Day Out" tour is a true entertainment experience that encompasses Stallone's multi-faceted 40-year.

Audiences will be taken to a legendary Las Vegas showroom while listening to Stallone's stylistic performance of big band standards. Stallone will also perform the music he wrote and performed for his brother Sylvester's movies, including Rocky I, II and III, the theme from Rambo and the phenomenal hits from John Travolta's "Staying Alive." Stallone will then take guitar in hand and lead the audience on a soulful journey of his music roots performing legendary jazz, blues and acoustic guitar tunes that reflect the passion of this man and his music. Stallone's "Day In Day Out" tour is a rare gem not to be missed.

Re: Is this a joke?!?

JPatrick said:
- BRANSON, Mo "EWORLDWIRE"
- Frank Stallone, one of America's best big band and jazz singers
-"Day In Day Out" Tour (October 31 through December 10, 2005, actually 41 days)
- Stallone, a Grammy, Golden Globe and Academy Award nominated artist, is one of music's most renowned big band, jazz and blues singers...
- This tour is so much more than just a concert or show; the "Day In Day Out" tour is a true entertainment experience that encompasses Stallone's multi-faceted 40-year.
- Audiences will be taken to a legendary Las Vegas showroom (in Branson!)
- Stallone will also perform the music he wrote and performed for his brother Sylvester's movies, including Rocky I, II and III,
- the theme from Rambo
- the phenomenal hits from John Travolta's "Staying Alive"
- Stallone will then take guitar in hand and lead the audience on a soulful journey of his music roots performing legendary jazz, blues and acoustic guitar tunes that reflect the passion of this man and his music
- a rare gem not to be missed.
Good grief, there's just too much material here to cover in one three-minute stand-up!

A mansion in southwest Missouri for $250,000. I could get to liking HeeHaw. :)

JPatrick said:
More non heehaw music for Martha 8)
Frank Stallone's Day In Day Out Tour Opens In Branson, Mo.

Oh sweet jesus. I just lost 50 IQ points reading this.

Direcway and most other satellite setups wont do VOIP, and they're pretty unpleasant to use. Long delay times between sends and receives. Nice for long, large file transfers like doing windows update. Ok for sending and receiving huge emails. Not so good for web browsing. You click on a link and about 3 seconds later you start getting the page, with another 3+ second stop/start every time another transmit has to be made by your PC. Start viewing a page that has a lot of external links and you're gonna wait a while.

Back
Top Bottom