what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent quite a bit of time yesterday trying to decide what route I want to take to Florida next month....then deciding where to stop overnight on the way there...then which hotels to stay at. I finally got it mapped out, chose the hotels, and made the reservations! Whew!!! Glad that's done!!!

Now I have to finish figuring it all out for the trip back home. I think I know where I'm stopping along the way, and have one hotel picked out.....now have to cipher the rest of it out.....tomorrow!

Today is going to be a 'goof off and get nothing done' day.....IOW, just a typical day around here! Haha! And we're finally starting to climb out of the deep freeze that we've had.....s'posed to get all the way up into the 30's tomorrow...Spring is in the air....only 67 days away!!! WooHoo!!! :flowers:

We have a surprise birthday party to go to this evening for the DH of an old friend...his 'Big 5-0'.....darn young whipper-snapper! Should be a lot of good food and some good ol' bluegrass pickin' & singin' too!
party-smiley-020.gif

So far rolled out of bed around 10 a.m. Slurped some tea, did a little laundry, ate some cheese jalapeño bread, got the house ready for the annual termite inspection. Teared up at a dog video, nearly wet myself over an Alan King video.

Gonna go get my toofies cleaned in a bit. The cleaning is not too bad as I get 'gassed'.....:cool:

So far rolled out of bed around 10 a.m. Slurped some tea, did a little laundry, ate some cheese jalapeño bread, got the house ready for the annual termite inspection. Teared up at a dog video, nearly wet myself over an Alan King video.

Gonna go get my toofies cleaned in a bit. The cleaning is not too bad as I get 'gassed'.....:cool:
Sounds like a fast-paced life, bbbamI, I've been up 90 minutes and am still at the slurp part. Oh yeah, today will be laundry day because it's raining. Have a gas.

Bucket of balls, chips/putting practice, washed car - to NHL game tonight: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Washington Capitals.

You know your desperate for some golf when you go to the course knowing it's not open for play(greens covered). Took the mutt this morning to let him run loose and I carried a 9 iron with me just to hit a ball or two along the way. Actually not too bad out as it was around 40, sunny, with little wind. First time I have ever hit a ball in a frozen lake. Took one bounce and disappeared. :D

I've had a bit of a rough day overloaded with tasks. First I had to organise a quick trip to Hawaii for Feb, then had to work on our weekend to Carmel in Feb to take advantage of some free hotel nights. At the same time I was working on our overnight trip to SF later this month and trying to arrange with a girlfriend to go for a few days to a retreat in Arizona. In between I managed to do a few loads of washing and churn thru some paperwork.

Who says being retired is easy?? My case clearly demonstrates what hard work it is not working.

Wow, that Freedbird video really brought back some memories. Thanks. Met 5 of the retirees for lunch today. We had a long, leisurely lunch and then 4 of us loaded (to make sure that they will fit) our empty suitcases into the car we are driving to Pittsburgh on 1/23 to fly to FL. We will be cruising 1/24 through 1/31-lookout Aruba!!! Then 3 of us went to a consignment shop and I bought a long dress for the formal nights for the cruise. It had the blue discount ticket, so I paid $12.72. How is that for being frugal? I then got gas for the car, came home and did dishes, emptied and washed 5 cat litter boxes, swept a couple of rooms, ate dinner and finally computer time.

Lessee. I got up, made and drank coffee, ate a little breakfast. Put in my application to be a park service bike patrol volunteer. Answered a couple of emails. Looked at pics of a brand new great niece and congratulated my niece. Browsed some forums, petted the cats. Took a little walk (brrr, that wind is still cold). Picked up the kitchen and tossed a small pile of papers I found in a cupboard. Messed about with my financial spreadsheets with some new statements that came in. Think I'm getting the hang of this retired life? :whistle:

Sounds like a fast-paced life, bbbamI, I've been up 90 minutes and am still at the slurp part. Oh yeah, today will be laundry day because it's raining. Have a gas.
Mmmm, hmmm...I need to slow down.

btw, no termites...no cavities.....good gas....

Mmmm, hmmm...I need to slow down.

btw, no termites...no cavities.....good gas....

Some people got all the luck...
But gas? Nitrous Oxide? The last time a dentist used that was when I took my son, when he was 6-yr old, for a filling. ;)

Some people got all the luck...
But gas? Nitrous Oxide? The last time a dentist used that was when I took my son, when he was 6-yr old, for a filling. ;)
I assume it is N. O. Heh...no matter, I felt fine....let the good times roll.....O0

Another visit to the dentist to have a filling put in. This stuff of the dentures is taking an inordinate amount of time ....and fear:(

Woke late - 9am. Fed cats, made/drank coffee. Met a good friend for lunch then stayed after at a coffee shop to do computer stuff - updates and now am waiting and waiting for Ms. Garmin to get her map updates. It could be a lot worse. :LOL:

I assume it is N. O. Heh...no matter, I felt fine....let the good times roll.....O0

No, it's not NO!

NO = Nitric Oxide (which is used for therapeutic purposes in my clinical practice)
N2O = Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas, which is what they gave bbamI....... which may explain a lot!) :LOL:

I thought that was used only for kids, and there was an extra charge for it :)

Should I ask for it the next time I see my dentist? :)

Wednesday morning at the Humane Society. Three dogs who needed pictures.

Then got the phone bill and noticed a charge I didn't authorize. Turns out someone logged onto a social network, enrolled, and gave them my phone number. Called the service, and they were very quick to cancel the service and post a credit to my bill. Called the phone company and they noted the charge as in dispute. If it appears next month they will push it back to the vendor.

Took a nap.

Walked the dog in a Pacific NW rain squall.

Dinner time!

-- Rita

Took a nice long walk in the rain, bought some coasters at Bed, Bath, and some grass fed beef and bacon at Whole Foods. Butcher knew just what I had planned for dinner. It was really delicious. Coming up the hill from town on a packed bus, everyone was in a happy outgoing mood.
Ha

No, it's not NO!

NO = Nitric Oxide (which is used for therapeutic purposes in my clinical practice)
N2O = Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas, which is what they gave bbamI....... which may explain a lot!) :LOL:
Hey...y'all can call it Naughty Octane...it doesn't matter to me. :D

I thought that was used only for kids, and there was an extra charge for it :)

Should I ask for it the next time I see my dentist? :)
I don't think there is an extra charge, but it sure wouldn't matter to me. I've got insurance and credit cards. When they ask me if I want it, I say, "Fill 'er up!" :D

I have a high tolerance in regards to pain...except when my mouth is concerned. Now, I could lay there in that chair and turn into one large twisted knot, or I can sniff the good stuff and feel fluffy.

Eh heh...just call me 'Fluffy'. :greetings10:

....I don't think there is an extra charge, but it sure wouldn't matter to me. I've got insurance and credit cards. When they ask me if I want it, I say, "Fill 'er up!" :D

I have a high tolerance in regards to pain...except when my mouth is concerned. Now, I could lay there in that chair and turn into one large twisted knot, or I can sniff the good stuff and feel fluffy......

I'm the same way! For me, pain is NO problem....but I just can't stand having somebody's arm crammed into my mouth! They ain't workin' in my mouth, unless they gimme my 'happy gas'! I know when it's starting to take effect, 'cause the background music starts getting really weird and funky, and the steady rhythm gets lost and twisted. I can still feel the hands and tools workin' away in there....but I'm trippin' and I just don't care!!! :D

My insurance won't pay for the gas, 'cause they say it ain't necessary....but they don't know me, and it IS necessary! So I gladly pay for it 'out of pocket'. Besides, it relaxes me so much that a few years ago when I was having a root-canal done.....I fell asleep! They got all done, shut-off the nitrous, turned on the O2, and had to wake me up to tell me to leave! :greetings10:

Yesterday I had a filling put in.
Asked to be treated like a baby. Had all the pre-anaesthetic stuff and then some. The nurses couldn´t but stare at me with an odd expression on their faces.....:blush: My wife, and specially my son, can´t believe what a wimp I am.:(
Thanks to all my neurotic fears I can truly say that everything went fine.

BBB: I thought you were tougher.... Just wait till all the crooks and miscreants get wind of your fears...:LOL:

"what did you do today?"

absolutely nothing.....

No really, just exercised (ran 3-4 miles, lifted weights, crunches).

Now I'm ready for a nap.

Just about done setting up a new computer at home, we finally moved into the 21st century. The old one had Windows 3.1 installed on it when I bought it and has been upgraded so many times it was like the guy who still had his grandfather's axe: It'd only had two new heads and three new handles.

But I figure I got my nickel's worth out of it.:)

We're having a heat wave here, 43 F so I was finally able to wash the truck and get the worst of the salt off it.

it was like the guy who still had his grandfather's axe: It'd only had two new heads and three new handles.

Ahhh! Haven't heard anyone else use that for quite a while -thanks!

I'm the same way! For me, pain is NO problem....but I just can't stand having somebody's arm crammed into my mouth! They ain't workin' in my mouth, unless they gimme my 'happy gas'! I know when it's starting to take effect, 'cause the background music starts getting really weird and funky, and the steady rhythm gets lost and twisted. I can still feel the hands and tools workin' away in there....but I'm trippin' and I just don't care!!! :D

My insurance won't pay for the gas, 'cause they say it ain't necessary....but they don't know me, and it IS necessary! So I gladly pay for it 'out of pocket'. Besides, it relaxes me so much that a few years ago when I was having a root-canal done.....I fell asleep! They got all done, shut-off the nitrous, turned on the O2, and had to wake me up to tell me to leave! :greetings10:

LBYM, brown bag it. :angel:

1 Box of 10 BestWhip 8 gram N2O Chargers [N2O 10 pk] - $4.65 : BestWhip, Highest Quality N2O, CO2 products and accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom