what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some bike tires yesterday. They were in a huge box with no less than 60 feet of brown paper protecting them. I realize that they can't be folded, but there's got to be a better solution.

Attachments

• packaging2.jpg
    packaging2.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Packaging1.jpg
    Packaging1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 2
The arduous life of the ERed.

My wife asks me with a lot of sarcasm:"What do you plan to do today?"
"Nothing"
She replies: "That´s what you did yesterday"
"Yes, but I haven´t finished yet"

The arduous life of the ERed.

My wife asks me with a lot of sarcasm:"What do you plan to do today?"
"Nothing"
She replies: "That´s what you did yesterday"
"Yes, but I haven´t finished yet"

Great answer! :LOL:

I love being able to do nothing, and almost never being in a hurry in retirement. The whole objective is to enjoy life.

The only time I have set my alarm clock since I retired, was one morning when Frank and I planned to go on a day trip early so I had to get up.

Got some bike tires yesterday. They were in a huge box with no less than 60 feet of brown paper protecting them. I realize that they can't be folded, but there's got to be a better solution.

They should pack it in mulch. It's biodegradable, and besides you could use it in your garden.

I'll bet nobody would think twice if they added the price of some cheap mulch to the shipping and handling fees. They could advertise it as the "Gardener's Special" on bike tires.

I figured someone else would swing at those fat, slow pitches...

Are you sure medicine has advanced enough to provide you help in this area? :ROFLMAO::greetings10:
You're always dependable, men! That's what I like about you two. :D

Hmmm...what did I do today? I intentionally stayed off the board.
I could be glib, but I decided honesty is always the best policy. Today was a real toughie - late husband's birthday. Ouch.
But I did my usual coping thing and sat around the house with nice soft music playing, thinking about past good memories about Groundhog Day and shadows being seen or not. :D
I rallied myself out of that mode and telephoned a very dear friend. He actually made me laugh, and I feel pretty darn content right now.

Life is good. :flowers:

PS Don't feel bad for me, folks, I am doing fine now. I am a survivor. :)

Today.

Unpacked boxes for an hour or so.

Watched recorded TV with my son when he came in after his night shift (English Premier League).

Went to son's place and fitted a thermostat timer on his AC/Heater & helped him build some more furniture.

Lunch with DW, then spent another 2 hours unpacking boxes etc.

Delivery of new washer and drier plus fitting of said appliances took me through to 3:15. Got time for a quick browse on the internet before we go off to the gym for a 4:30 class (body sculpt :whistle:)

phew, this retirement thing is pretty exhausting, in a nice sort of way :)

We intend to get to the situation where we go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week, plus tennis, cycling and walking every week - if the old body can take it that is. (I've had backache this last few days so need to take things slowly at first)

I went out for breakfast this morning, and then ran a couple of errands....had to pick up another 50# bag of bird seed too. Got back home about 12:30....and have been goofing off on the 'puter ever since!

Seeing as it's now Feb. 2nd, I need to get the rest of the Christmas decorations taken down and stored away! I know...I procrastinate once in a while! Absolutely NOTHING has really stood in the way of me taking those decorations down....and it's because of all that "NOTHING" that I do, that the they're still up!!! :2funny:

Today is my weekly Chinese buffet with friends. I just lost 3 lbs so I'm going to be veeeeeeery good today and keep it to a single plate. Uh huh...:whistle:

The sun is peeking through a little, and it is snowing very lightly (vs the usual lake effect)...all good stuff. :D

Got the H1N1 shot. $10 at local Kroger.
Made soups and salads yesterday.
Will run dishwasher tomorrow.

Been feeling better, need to get organized.

I was a deal searcher today. I got steaks on sale at a local store for a great price. Spent 20 minutes freezing them. Took a walk with the young lady. Enjoyed the day with some nice grilled chicken quarters a bit of wine. About darn time the sun shined.

Today my federal retirement was "finalized" (if that is a word). No more partial interim payments. As of today I know exactly what my pension will be and I even have it in writing, along with everything else, at last. :dance: :clap:

Tomorrow we have a 100% chance of rain, but Frank and I plan to see each other over lunch before he heads off to work, like we did today. We always have fun together, rain or shine.

Practiced some dance routines this morning and then did the FIRM workout tape (it's a strength training tape).

Made lunch, cleaned the house, did laundry, cooked dinner (made up my own stir fry dish from whatever was in the fridge). Finally, finished packing and now doing a little surfing before heading off to bed. Gotta get up early to catch a flight tomorrow - off to Florida to visit some friends for the weekend!

Had to get up early this a.m. because of my volunteer gig at the court. Researched 30 files and found five rotten ones. Those five people will not be happy tomorrow.

Came home, chatted with a friend online for a while, answered some emails, then took a nap. Made 'breakfast' for supper, watched some tv and will be nodding off shortly....mmmm, no alarm clock in the morning. ;)

Had to get up early this a.m. because of my volunteer gig at the court. Researched 30 files and found five rotten ones. Those five people will not be happy tomorrow.

Came home, chatted with a friend online for a while, answered some emails, then took a nap. Made 'breakfast' for supper, watched some tv and will be nodding off shortly....mmmm, no alarm clock in the morning. ;)

What do you research when you research these files? Just curious, as I am assuming there will be 5 bad guys/girls facing court because of what you found.

What do you research when you research these files? Just curious, as I am assuming there will be 5 bad guys/girls facing court because of what you found.
When a person gets a citation when they are in their vehicle, the officer requests proof of insurance. The files I have are on people that did not have an insurance card in their vehicle. They are given a chance to give us a copy of the card later...this enables them not to pay the fine and have to have the money refunded to them by the court.

I have to validate that they indeed had insurance on a particular driver, vehicle and date/time. Many of the 'rotten' ones are people that get a citation, get insurance a few hours later.

They sign a sworn statement stating the validity of the auto insurance information they have attached. If they are naughty and I catch them, they could face one year in jail and/or a $1k fine.

When a person gets a citation when they are in their vehicle, the officer requests proof of insurance. The files I have are on people that did not have an insurance card in their vehicle. They are given a chance to give us a copy of the card later...this enables them not to pay the fine and have to have the money refunded to them by the court.

I have to validate that they indeed had insurance on a particular driver, vehicle and date/time. Many of the 'rotten' ones are people that get a citation, get insurance a few hours later.

They sign a sworn statement stating the validity of the auto insurance information they have attached. If they are naughty and I catch them, they could face one year in jail and/or a $1k fine.

Ill darn sure make sure I got that insurance up to date in your area! :):D

Exercised, including a ballet workout class this morning. On leaving the class we bumped into the wife of a friend at my ex-Megacorp corporate HQ. A few hours later it's posted on Facebook that I was spotted in a ballet class - the only guy in a class of ~35 :angel:

Just as well I'm very comfortable with who I am :cool: I had the reputation at work of being way out in left field and doing outrageous things, but, hey, you just gotta have fun where ever you can :2funny:

Any info on how many actually do get hit with a substantial fine or serve any jail time? Based on my experience (hit by an uninsured motorist a couple of years ago - insurance card was fake) nothing much happens to them.

Any info on how many actually do get hit with a substantial fine or serve any jail time? Based on my experience (hit by an uninsured motorist a couple of years ago - insurance card was fake) nothing much happens to them.
No...I sure don't know...not now. But the next time I go in, I'll see if I can find out. More than likely I'll only get stats for our city as I work at the Municipal court.

One file I worked on today had a guy that got stopped for an inspection sticker that expired in November. Well, he didn't have a dl as it was suspended. His insurance was not valid because of the suspension. Mmmm...this one is gonna cost him big time. :nonono:

Shopped for perfect valentines, finally chose some. Went to the park where I read in the sun and listened to an audiobook, stopped at coffee shop, mailed a card--that was the hardest job of the day, looking for a mailbox that picks up at the end of the day. Watched SO cook dinner. I'm warn out. Now I'm debating which avatar to choose next. A B or C

Attachments

• IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 83
Shopped for perfect valentines, finally chose some. Went to the park where I read in the sun and listened to an audiobook, stopped at coffee shop, mailed a card--that was the hardest job of the day, looking for a mailbox that picks up at the end of the day. Watched SO cook dinner. I'm warn out. Now I'm debating which avatar to choose next. A B or C

B

Cause I dont like hearts..

Accepted the job offer presented to me by a local defense contractor. Start date is February 22nd. Temporary ER was fun while it lasted (7.5 months). :( Salary offered was 15% higher than I expected. :D I hope the job is not 15% harder than I expect.

Yeah, and another point is that Lunar New Year of the Tiger is actually the fourteenth so I don't want to remove him that soon. B does cover all bases for the retired, IMO.

Yes I was thinking that too. But i did not want to appear I was over analyzing it too much. Obviously the eye of the tiger is something we need to respect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom