what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M Paquette, sorry to hear about your TV. Hopefully when you buy a new TV they will remove the old one for you (since you don't need it as a casket! :LOL: )

OK, today I did nothing for about five hours and enjoyed that immensely. I am so good at it. Then I drove my new SUV to Lowes and got at least two dozen paint color cards, the objective being to match the color of the woodwork as closely as possible without doing any further research to find out exactly what it was. After that, I browsed through the carpet and tile section of the store since I want to change the flooring in my living room. I got an odd idea of changing it to black or dark grey tile instead of carpet but I need to think about that.

Then, went to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things, then home. The programmable sign at the bank said (in two foot high letters), "CHAMPS!" Gee, wonder who they meant? :LOL::ROFLMAO::angel:

Had a dermatology appointment today. Doc zap a couple of spots on my face, but no problems really. And played golf this afternoon. Pretty cool but probably only opportunity this week. Rain tonight and tomorrow and cold rest of the week. Possible snow later in the week.:eek:

I got my head MRI results today and went for a full audiology testing session.
The MRI good news...there is still a brain in there :cool:. No visible problems in ear area or elsewhere.
The audiology testing good news...I have very slightly diminished hearing in both ears, but not enough to warrant hearing aids for amplification or dynamic noise cancellation. All tests came back within range with minor losses and a few misses in the spoken word comprehension portion.
:D

Washing machine was delivered.

DSCN3488.JPG

At 4:30 I realized I was low on cat food and made a run to the store before the snow starts.

Went to visit my Doc for my normal appointment and 6 month blood work, b.p. was 110/70 (stopped at the McDonald's drive-thru first, to get an egg Mcmuffin for Doc's nurse...it's her birthday today), then to BK for coffee and breakfast with the gang, then to the pharmacy to get my meds refilled.

Came home and picked up the chocolate chip cookies I baked last night, and delivered [-]the bribe[/-] them to the City snowplow crew (in advance of the impending snow). Then ran some errands, goofed off, fed the birds, ate supper, watched "All in the Family" reruns on TV while I surfed the 'net on my iPhone. Now time for a 'bedtime' snack. :greetings10:

DW just had to get out to the grocery store for milk and chocolate mix for the impending snowfall. Got back just as the first flakes began. Dunno why she felt she wanted to go out - other than shoveling snow she hasn't been out of the house for a week.:)

Go to work this afternoon, anticipate a light showing of other people. But this is one of those installations that never, ever, closes. Ah, it's nice to be "essential personnel". Isn't it?:whistle:

DW just had to get out to the grocery store for milk and chocolate mix for the impending snowfall. Got back just as the first flakes began. Dunno why she felt she wanted to go out - other than shoveling snow she hasn't been out of the house for a week.:)

Your wife and I must be related. I think it's a matter of chocolate over snow.:rolleyes:

Today is a 100% pure goof off day..no laundry, no projects, no paperw*rk, just gonna surf the Internet to my hearts' content and be a SAH slug.
The most difficult thing I plan on doing is letting the dogs in and out periodically.:cool:

Here's what I'm doing this afternoon, because why waste a good holiday:

Daily TWiP - Read in the Bathtub Day - NashuaTelegraph.com

That's a new holiday for me, but one I strongly endorse.

This morning I went to the car dealer to have my birthday gift from DW installed (actual birthday is tomorrow). It is an iPod adapter for the music system on the Prius. I then played with it for while. It's pretty neat. The connector is inside the glove box, long enough to extend outside if needed. From the existing touch screen audio display it appears you have an an extra CD player from where you control your your iPod, selecting playlists etc.

Now we are all set for these long trips we have planned (we bought the GPS Christmas before last).

Later this afternoon we'll be off to a fitness class.

Oh, and while I was waiting at the dealer I was reading "A Short of History of Nearly Early Everything" by Bill Bryson and discovered why the English call Aluminum Aluminium. The discoverer, Humphry Davy isolated it in 1808 and named it Alumium. 4 years later he changed his mind and renamed it Aluminum and the Americans started using the name but the British actually preferred Alumium as it was consistent with Sodium, Calcium, Magnesium etc and they renamed it Aluminium. I also wondered why that difference existed :cool:

I had my first solo jazz piano gig today, playing during a lunch of women's clubs. It went well.

Used the snow-blower on the 4" of powdered sunshine we got overnight....nice and light and fluffy! Been goofing off ever since then....except for going out on the porch to wave at my old coworker, Rusty, as he plowed our street curb-to-curb and salted it! Those chocolate chip cookies had their intended effect! Ha!

Frank and I had lunch together at a little restaurant in his neighborhood. We shared and it was just the right size.

After lunch, he went to work and I went to get a brake tag (= Louisiana safety inspection sticker) for my new Venza. One might think that the Toyota dealer would have taken care of that before handing the car over to me. :rolleyes: Oh well. It was only $10 so hardly worth taking it back to the dealer for that.

It is cold out there today! Brrr. I think it's the biting wind, cloudiness, and humidity, because the temperature is a reasonable 48. The NWS warns there is a possibility of frozen precipitation Thursday night.

The Saints parade is starting soon at the Superdome and traffic down there is in gridlock right now. I hope the Saints know they are appreciated, because I'm not hardy enough to attend in this weather. :LOL: Last night when they came home, Sean Payton waved the trophy at the crowd holding it up through the sunroof of his car as he drove. :D

Damn i got nothing exciting like some of you folks. Got up early. Like around 5:30 am early. Busted some hump on the treadmill,weights, and washed clothes. Oh hey I made cabbage soup! I got a hankering for a vegetable soup. :D Kinda proud of the soup. Its pretty darn tasty for serf food.

I watched it snow and watched the neighbors go to work through the snow. Made it as far as the mail box and the bird feeder.

Out of curiosity, how old was the set?

About 15 years old. That seems to be a pretty good lifespan for the rear projection sets. This particular one has phosphor damage (a burned in image) from someone leaving it tuned to QVC. I can read the 800 number on the CRT tubes. :nonono:

I figure it's done for. The high voltage supply is well toasted, and the set really isn't worth repairing.

I've had my eye on one of them fancy flat screen TVs for a while. Finished my decision process, and ordered one from Costco, via the internet. That way they'll take on the hassle of delivering it.

Oh, DW wants it wall mounted, so I went to monoprice.com (yes, I'm [-]a cheapskate[/-] frugal.) Ordered a wall mount, longer cables, stuff to let me hide the wires in the wall, etc.

Hmmm. The wall looks too bright to hang a TV on. Needs paint. In fact, the whole room needs paint. Off to the hardware store to get some paint chips for DW. And those Ikea bookshelves we got 20 years ago are looking saggy. Maybe I should consider putting real cabinets back there. And the lighting in the room has always been pretty poor...

Why do I suddenly get the feeling I know not only what I'm doing today, but every day for the next three weeks? :rolleyes:

RedneckFlatScreenA.jpg
RedneckFlatScreenB.jpg

Went for breakfast with my neighbor...our other friend that normally goes with us is out plowing snow today (self-employed). Then it was off to pick up the results from my blood work the other day...everything is fine & dandy!!! Then hit the bank (for vacation cash), the pharmacy (for Mom), and the grocery store (to load up on non-perishables "on sale").

Now it's off for coffee with the gang....then out for some good ol' fried chicken to celebrate my good cholesterol and triglyceride results! :LOL:

Replayed yesterday....100% pure goof off day..no laundry, no projects, no paperw*rk, just gonna surf the Internet to my hearts' content and be a SAH slug.
And napped in the recliner for about an hour for bonus points. :LOL:
I've been cranking out a lot of paperw*rk lately for a) cost basis records for taxes and b) pulling teeth to try get basic organizational data for the Vets' Center grant application project (to no avail).
Hence the 2 down days...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom