what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D....:LOL:....:ROFLMAO:

This is the best laugh I've had all day! Tonight I'll be dreamin' of a physical therapist telling me I can no longer wear my boots, while I'm frying bacon, thinking I'll be getting a bum wrap....

...and I'll have those songs playing the background....:LOL:

We wandered a little bit around the area of our hotel in Jax Beach, FL, and then went out and walked on the beach for a while.....clear blue skies and sunny most of the day 'til late afternoon, then a very light, very brief shower...but still a lot better than north-central Illinois!!! And only 33 days 'til Spring!!! :flowers:

I shoveled snow again today and we are expected to get more tonight. Thanks, Goonie for the update on the days til Spring. That looks so nice. Glad to hear that you are having nice weather in FL.

:D....:LOL:....:ROFLMAO:

This is the best laugh I've had all day! Tonight I'll be dreamin' of a physical therapist telling me I can no longer wear my boots, while I'm frying bacon, thinking I'll be getting a bum wrap....

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Happy Mardi Gras, everybody!

It is sunny and bright here today, and the parades have already started... :D

Edited to add: Looking at the TV with my first cup of coffee in hand, I see that Pete Fountain and his Half Fast Walking Club are coming down St. Charles dressed in matching white suits and hats. What an amazing man to continue at his age (even though he rides, these days, but still...)

How many beads are you going to collect?

I already have boxes and boxes full of them! I threw away about half in my minimization efforts but it's hard to throw out the "rare" ones.

Frank lives by a parade route so I am sure I'll end up with more. :LOL:

I've been really busy all day and have achieved absolutely nothing. So far then, a perfect day :LOL:

In a couple of hours we'll be going to a body sculpting class - looks like I have a ways to go and lots of exercising get a butt as good as Al's.

SG - hang on in there my girl, it's only work. I hope you get some appreciative patients (clients?) to cheer you up over the coming week.

I got frustrated today...I went to the Vets' Center expecting to mine some serious organizational data for the grant application I am trying to write for them. The file cabinet was neatly put together but the contents were pretty sparse. All I can do is use what little info I have and do a partial fill-out of the grant application. :confused:

I went to do some minor grocery shopping so I could have just 1 success to claim for the day. :D I just bought whole bean Dunkin Donuts coffee in bulk online and needed large glass jars to store it in. I found a 6 pack of 1/2 gallon Mason jars on sale for $12. I never knew they made them in that size. :cool:

Happy Mardi Gras, everybody!

It is sunny and bright here today, and the parades have already started... :D

Edited to add: Looking at the TV with my first cup of coffee in hand, I see that Pete Fountain and his Half Fast Walking Club are coming down St. Charles dressed in matching white suits and hats. What an amazing man to continue at his age (even though he rides, these days, but still...)

Same back at ya W2R:) The Mardi Gras coming on the heels of the Super Bowl win makes the Big Easy one special place to be right about now. DH and I loved it when we visited.

Sure you really want to move to Missouri? Been there too since that's where my Dad was from. It's also a very nice place.

Went metal detecting on the beach today. Low, low tide, near new moon equals good hunting. Found a funky ring and a 2007 2 pound UK coin. Whats that doing on a NC beach? Anyway, thats my idea of nothing to do.

I didn't shovel snow today!

But I did take my elderly cat to the vet and now we think he has cancer in his gut. Oh well. He's 17 and I've got a bunch of drugs to make him feel better for a while.

And I cleaned out some books and old papers.

That's a fairly productive day.

Same back at ya W2R:) The Mardi Gras coming on the heels of the Super Bowl win makes the Big Easy one special place to be right about now. DH and I loved it when we visited.
Aw, thanks!! :flowers: New Orleans is sure celebrating this week. :D

Sure you really want to move to Missouri? Been there too since that's where my Dad was from. It's also a very nice place.
It is a difficult decision! :) Frank and I will stick together, no matter where we end up.

We had a great Mardi Gras together. I don't think I have ever seen so many people at the parades! :)

Had a nice leisurely breakfast at our hotel this morning, then sat on the balcony to catch a few rays before we headed south at about 10:30 to our ocean front 'home' for the next 10 days in Ormond Beach. Took I-95 to avoid St. Augustine, then jumped over to A1A to drive the rest of the way along the coast.....a nice relaxing drive. Stopped by our hotel about noon just to find out when they'd have our room ready....and it already was! So we unloaded our stuff, headed to Burger King for a light lunch, then drove a few miles south to visit some folks we know that are with the tour group we used to come to Florida with.

This evening we went to supper at a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant that serves up some of the best soul/southern comfort food that we know of, then joined our friends for an evening of bingo and visiting.

Life is good! :)

I didn't shovel snow today!

But I did take my elderly cat to the vet and now we think he has cancer in his gut. Oh well. He's 17 and I've got a bunch of drugs to make him feel better for a while.

And I cleaned out some books and old papers.

That's a fairly productive day.

I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. He's lucky to have your love and care during his last years. Give him an extra hug for us (if he wants it - - I know how cats can be! :))

Headed for International Mall in Tampa to hide from the "cold" weather here in Florida. I've never been a mall rat but this is a great mall. I have been testing out my new work shoes around the apartment and found one shoe of one pair to be tight. Great associate in Nordstrom's shoe department stretched it in just the right place to make it comfortable.

Stopped by the Sony store in the mall and found the 32" LCD tv my neighbor, Mary, and I were looking for yesterday. I convinced her she needed to trade in her 19" tube TV for a 32" LCD. Based on what she saw during our shopping, she decided the 32" Sony Bravia was what she wanted (good taste in electronics!). We found lots of display models but no inventory. Checked all the local stores and no 32" models were available. DH and I found one at the Sony store for $379. I called Mary and asked her permission to purchase the tv and she was pumped! DH and I brought it to her home and hooked it up. She loved it!

Maybe a computer is in her future.

Slept in until 9 AM...:eek:...I'm usually up at 530 AM. It felt great but not a habit I want to get into.
Transferred 10 lbs of whole bean coffee to glass Mason jars without spilling them all over the floor. :blush:
I went to weekly Chinese buffet with good friends who like to laugh. I limited myself to 1 plate of appetizers only to keep the weight loss thing on track. Lunch was free today on my filled "buy 9, get 10th free" card.
Home again and relaxing and surfing...:D

Goofed off all morning, soaking up some rays and enjoying the beach! Then this afternoon we hit Beall's and took advantage of their sales and bought some new threads. Everything I bought was an sale for at least 30% off.....plus they took an additional 20% off at the register!!!

I be stylin' now in my new Arnold Palmer rags!!!
costumed-smiley-074.gif

Played 9 holes yesterday in low 40 weather. Don't normally play in cool temps like that, but I had to do something for the withdrawals I was going through. Warmer the next couple of days so more golf coming my way. And not to forget the 19th hole.:)

Yesterday, went and dug my skid steer out of a snow bank at a job site so I could bring it home to clear snow around the house- took most of the day, a lot of digging by hand. Took it easy once I got home, that's not my wine, lol.

img_905564_0_153629f3b6a8568fe236095e92f6e227.jpg

Yesterday, went and dug my skid steer out of a snow bank at a job site so I could bring it home to clear snow around the house- took most of the day, a lot of digging by hand. Took it easy once I got home, that's not my wine, lol.

So that the dog's wine, huh? BTW, what's a "skid steer"? Being in Fairfax County, (land of snow and ice) I suspect DH might want one too. He loves tools. Just recently bought a new chain saw to replace his old one. Not complaining - he uses it for firewood and the old one lasted over 30 years!

Just recently bought a new chain saw to replace his old one. Not complaining - he uses it for firewood and the old one lasted over 30 years!

We're getting ready to buy a chain saw this spring. We lost a blue spruce in all this massive snow and are hopeful that we can chop it up ourselves with a chain saw (which we've been thinking about buying anyway).

Do you have any recommendations?

It's 4:28 and all I have done today is email, surf, get the snail mail, and make chicken and mushroom curry in the crockpot. :whistle:
My grand finale will be making rice. Then I shall sink, exhausted from my toils :(, back into the recliner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom