what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops. Blush. Senior moment there. :blush:
It's okay, you had me going for second there.

So, what are (or will be) my ex-boss' plan for educating the little darlings? Or is that still a campaign secret?
Took DW for a bike ride, her first since last summer. Came back, then went out to dinner, this time in the car. She hates "helmet hair" and won't be seen in public without combing it out first. I did take a picture to send to her sister:
With that full face helmet I can't tell if she's smiling or not. Her eyes are looking at you intensely though - can't tell if she's trying to look like a biker, or she's thinking, "oh just take the stupid picture already".

Mango "pruning", using a reciprocating saw with a 14" blade on limbs that are 6-8" thick. I'll spend the next day on "mango hauling" and stuffing it into the green waste cans.

We can see our ridge view down the gulch again, we'll make quota for Friday's green waste pickup, and I probably have another year before I need to do the other mango tree.

I'll get about five years out of this before we need to do it again. Spouse wants to hire a guy who'll chainsaw off the limbs and carve the trunks into tikis...

So, what are (or will be) my ex-boss' plan for educating the little darlings? Or is that still a campaign secret?
I don't know what the policy folks will decide, but I'm sure that it is a deep dark secret. The position paper that my friend is writing is background, facts and figures, and discussion of policy options.

I now know more about college funding than I ever wanted to, and it seems like an intractable mess to me.

I continued my quest for the perfect home made pizza . This is my mission for this year and so far It's coming along .My pizzas now look normal and are really getting tasty

Have you tried a pizza stone? I have never used one, but have heard some people swear by them.

Decluttered 2 clothes closets while the house was being cleaned, answered emails, listened to instrumental tunes, watch it rain lightly, got the snail mail.
I've been Queen of the Realm all week :D, but I'll have to once again share my own personal little kingdom in a few hours. :D:D:D:D:D

Have you tried a pizza stone? I have never used one, but have heard some people swear by them.

Yes, I got a pizza stone for my birthday . That is what started this pizza craze . I also have a pizza peel . Now if I could only learn to flip the pizza I'd be in heaven .

Went to an ENT for minor tweaking of one of my ears. After two hours of examining and testing, the doc insisted I have an MRI done today.

Sometimes a day can get pretty crappy.

Went to an ENT for minor tweaking of one of my ears. After two hours of examining and testing, the doc insisted I have an MRI done today.

Sorry to hear that! What a rotten day. Hope the results of the MRI are as good as possible.

So sorry to hear that - I hope the MRI turns out ok. :flowers:

I'm thinking the ENT was trying to politely say "You oughtta have your head examined". I'm also pretty sure they won't find anything. :cool: :)

In elementary school we used to get minor and major tweaking of ears. Along with ruler whacks on palms, and other body parts. When parents found out, they added some more.

Do hope whatever it is, is fixable.:greetings10:

Thanks y'all for the kind words and grins. :flowers:

I do wonder if the stuff they injected in my vein during the second session of the MRI will make the cobwebs in my head glow. :blink:

:)

Well this is new one for me. When I was downtown today I dropped my cell phone, and it fell into the sewer! I could still see it - it was dry and hadn't slid down the hole. It was only about 3 1/2 feet below the sewer grate...I wanted my cell phone back!

Low and behold, a police officer was nearby, and I thought, what the heck, I'll ask if he has any ideas. He actually got out of his car and came over to the sewer with me to investigate. He found a stick and was able to carefully slide my cell phone, in by inch, up the side of the sewer...but then it slipped and slid back down in - almost going down the hole and into never-never sewer land! The next time, I was prepared. I got down on the sidewalk/road (hoping no cars would hit me), and stuck my head and arm through the hole at the edge of the curb, next to the grate! I would not be defeated! Mr. Policeman slowly slid the cell phone via the stick back up the wall to my little fingers and wa-la! Cell phone is saved!

I graciously thanked Mr. Policeman and asked him for his name so I could send a nice note about him to his superior. He declined his name and looked around and said "I just hope this doesn't end up on youtube somewhere". LOL!

Busy day.

Went to dentist for 6 month cleaning. Mentioned chipped tooth. He said it couldn't be ground down (again) I made appointment for bondo buildup.

Ran several errands.

Went to 'senior health fair' ; depressing as ****.

I played Miss Socialite today. :blush: I had lunch with a former colleague, then met a friend for coffee. Yak yak yak...:LOL:
It is SO nice to be able to get out without worrying about too many inches of snow endangering my drive back home. :D
To justify my oxygen consumption, I washed and dried and installed a summer weight blanket on the master bed. Good bye, winter comforter :greetings10:

To justify my oxygen consumption, I washed and dried and installed a summer weight blanket on the master bed. Good bye, winter comforter :greetings10:

Web site says East Nowhere, Hi 33F, Lo 19F.

So, are you Superwoman, or are you really somewhere else and not in ENW? :confused:

I washed and dried and installed a summer weight blanket on the master bed. Good bye, winter comforter :greetings10:

It was 18 degrees this morning. I think i'll hold off on ditching the winter blanket for another month:(

I washed and dried and installed a summer weight blanket on the master bed.
Since they're teasing you about the weather, let me hasten to your defense by assuring everyone that we, too, washed and dried and put away our blanket this week...

Optimist. My chicken waters were frozen outside this morning. It is way funny watching mystified chickens pecking ice. :LOL:

Web site says East Nowhere, Hi 33F, Lo 19F.

So, are you Superwoman, or are you really somewhere else and not in ENW? :confused:
No, I'm still in East Nowhere. Let's just say I have my own heat source on tap. ;)

Compared to the wintertime below zero nights, lately the night temps have been wonderful (it's all relative). We did have a short cold spell for the last 2 days, but it has been warmer prior to that. :D

Sensor to the left on the countertop is a humidity/temp monitor device that was supplied with the dome mushroom growing kit. If all goes well, the plastic containers of ground up alder chips and wheat bran will feed and cause a colony of mycelia to develop throughout. Then I crank up the humidity and voila...mushrooms will emerge in the "fruiting" stage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycelium
There's a fungus among us :hide:
In fact, there is a whole blanket of mycelium (white fuzzy stuff ;)) covering each of the containers in my little mushroom colony. Sorry about the poor contrast of the pics, but I cannot take off the top (introduce airborne contaminants) dome to get a map view photo.

Attachments

• fungus1.jpg
    fungus1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 0
  • fungus2.jpg
    fungus2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom