what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lone Star beer? Sheesh...
I knew some Texan would notice. That was back in the day when I was struggling to survive - whatever beer was on sale was my brand. I drank plenty Lone Star, but even more Pearl.

YouTube - PEARL'S NOT A GIRL IT'S A BEER

When you can buy your first Pearl Beer, you'll know you're almost home!

Pearl Beer...30 years ago I worked in downtown SA and my boss loved to go to Shilo's Deli for lunch. He was on a diet so he'd order only a slice of cheesecake and a Pearl Light. He swore the combination of the two killed his appetite for the rest of the day.

I'm on my way outside to do battle (actually just a holding action -they are undefeatable) with Canada thistle in the front plantings.
Amethyst

What do you use to battle your thistles? They're sprouting and resprouting all over - impossible to get rid of and I'm looking for help!

Today I get my boat out of storqge and drop it off at the dealer for dewinterizing.:clap:He will have it ready for me within 2 weeks. And the good news is that the dewinterizing is free...it is included in what I paid last year for winterizing it.

Here she is, all 18' of her. Just a cute little open bow runabout.

Attachments

• P7040016.jpg
    P7040016.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 6
Today I get my boat out of storqge and drop it off at the dealer for dewinterizing.:clap:He will have it ready for me within 2 weeks. And the good news is that the dewinterizing is free...it is included in what I paid last year for winterizing it.

I would love a little boat like that. What did it cost, and how much to maintain? Is it necessary to have a tow-ready vehicle?

I would love a little boat like that. What did it/she cost, and how much to maintain? Is it necessary to have a tow-ready vehicle?

Just booked our first whitewater rafting trip...going in June on the Ocoee in TN...very excited! Now, to start looking at camping options...

I would love a little boat like that. What did it cost, and how much to maintain? Is it necessary to have a tow-ready vehicle?
It is a Starcraft model 1800 I/O (18' with I/O engine). Cost of boat and trailer was $23K in 2005. Paid cash when I sold our used 34' Pearson sailboat after my husband passed.
It looks like they only make a 17' now (1700 I/O model).
http://www.starcraftmarine.com/Show...=20&SeriesId=141&Type=Runabout&Series=Limited I/O
I tow it with my Jeep Grand Cherokee (with tow package), which is just enough vehicle to do the j*b. I don't take it on high speed roads because the weight of the boat and trailer is just about equal to the weight of the Jeep, i.e. no stopping on a dime. :nonono:
Maintenance consists of winterizing and systems lube/check, approx $250 per season. I've had no repairs needed yet. The horsepower comes from a marine grade automobile engine.
Insurance is about $150 per year. I pay $500 for the walk up docking slip, and about $300 for the club membership dues, annually. Remember I live in the boondocks, so costs are very low.
I launch it in mid May and pull it in mid September.
It seats 4 comfortably, and up to 6 if the back seat is used. The bow is open with very comfortable cushioning and perfect for doing the stretched out "bow babe" thing. :cool:

freecycling! No, not a velocipede, just a way to find a new home for old stuff. I moved an old turntable, LaserDisc player, and DVD player to places that could actually use them.

Yay! Less stuff in the garage. I can almost fit the car in there again. OK, it's a small garage...

I caught a glimpse of a lightning bug tonight. Watching it glide through the air seemed as magical as when I saw one for the very first time as a child. :)

Visited a friend and dropped a packsge off at the post office. I had other errands to do but I blew them off and just hung around the house with my furry babies. :D
Weather permitting, I am headed for a solo road trip to the Adirondack Mt Park tomorrow. If it is warm enough, it's Mustang time! :cool:
I'll be getting going very early...only 1 hour drive with no traffic on a weekday and I will really be in God's country. :greetings10:

Destination: Old Forge NY
http://oldforgeny.com/tow_about.html

I wrote my boss a letter indicating my desire to groom a successor for part of my job effective 2013. I guess that's a semi commitment to semi ESR!

Lena's in Sweden for 1.5 weeks, and I've entered the talk-to-myself-a-lot phase.

I got some CarbQuik yesterday (like Bisquick, but low-carb). I had waffles this morning:

CarbQuikwaffle2.jpg

and made cheese biscuits this afternoon:

CheeseBiscuits.jpg

I used to be a pure maple syrup snob, but that sugar-free stuff isn't too bad.

The stuff really works, and the taste is almost the same as regular waffles/biscuits. There's maybe some small indefinable difference, but not much. The waffles taste much better than whole wheat waffles.

Al...those biscuits look marvelous! Here are mine...wanna have a biscuit cook-off? :D

(at first I thought we should show our buns....[-]butt[/-] but that wouldn't be proper.) :angel:

Saw my doctor. He'd run multiple tests and . . . .I'm healthy and normal.

So I'm confirmed healthy and FI (although waiting for a number of questions to be answered)

Just waiting for the right oppourtunity to tell the boss to take this job and . . .

Bought our tickets on Priceline to go see our grandbaby in San Diego next month. I can't wait to see her and of course our DD and DS-in-law. It seems like forever since we have seen them (12/4/09). I hope that she remembers us.

Then went to Mexican restaurant with the ladies from work. One of our gals is getting married, so we gave her her gifts and had good drinks, good food and good conversation.

Bought our tickets on Priceline to go see our grandbaby in San Diego next month. I can't wait to see her and of course our DD and DS-in-law. It seems like forever since we have seen them (12/4/09). I hope that she remembers us.

I talk to my grandson via skype every week . This keeps the connection going between visits . Have a great time !

I talk to my grandson via skype every week . This keeps the connection going between visits . Have a great time !

Well, that answers the question of your "avatar".

Yes - been to the seafood restaurant several times just left of the "sculpture" on our trips out west (we live between NYC/Phila).

Well, that answers the question of your "avatar".

Yes - been to the seafood restaurant several times just left of the "sculpture" on our trips out west (we live between NYC/Phila).

My Avatar is the statue the "kiss" which is currently residing on the bay front of Sarasota,Fl. where I live .There is currently a petition going to keep the statue permanently .

Attachments

• victory.gif
    victory.gif
    136.4 KB · Views: 5
From that angle it looks more like an assault or a vampire thing.

Took pictures of four dogs at the Humane Society, and wrote their descriptions for the websites. Completely emptied out the kitchen, and washed the floor (even behind the fridge)!! New stove comes tomorrow.

Late lunch, then a nap.

Ahh . . . retirement!

-- Rita

Had a pretty good day today. Portfolio stayed flat even though the market was down. Yes, I do own some stocks.;) This morning I took the mutt on a 5 mile walk at a local park. And I had some success getting him to swim. He would never swim for a ball, stick or even treats. Would just wade out in the water. But took a rubber training dummy, tied a cord to it and threw it out for a feet and increased the distance on every throw. Of course rewarding him with treats. And before you know it, he was swimming. He looks like a lab but is actually a labx so maybe he just doesn't have the born in swimming genes a purebred does. But, I think he is headed in right direction.

Now, time for a much needed med.:)

Wore a bra for 10 hours as it didn't seem worth the trouble of undressing and redressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom