what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the PD tonight for an award ceremony. I received my third President's Volunteer Service award and was delighted to receive a gold medal this time as I was expecting a silver medal. The top two are bronze and the bottom one is gold.

There is one other medal above the gold, but I would have to go back to the PD and volunteer about nine more years. I think I'll pass and be happy with the gold. :)

Attachments

• DSC01551.jpg
    DSC01551.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 7
Went to Farmers' Market, grocery store, bird food store; spent much money.

Went to the PD tonight for an award ceremony. I received my third President's Volunteer Service award and was delighted to receive a gold medal this time as I was expecting a silver medal. The top two are bronze and the bottom one is gold.

There is one other medal above the gold, but I would have to go back to the PD and volunteer about nine more years. I think I'll pass and be happy with the gold. :)

Congratulations !

Well, with all this talk about gold lately, I thought I'd show mine...:LOL:

Thanks y'all. :greetings10:

How'bout a photo of bbbamI in a uniform with these medals? :whistle:
You did wear a uniform while serving, didn't you? :smitten:

Congratulations! Nice for you to be so well recognized. :D

That's great that they recognize the value of the time you donated. Congratulations!

Just on a whim, DW and I went to the booming metropolis of Mercersburg, PA just to see what was there (not much). I wanted to take the bike but she hates "helmet hair" so we took the car.

We did have a nice but overpriced lunch, compensated for by the pair of brand-new jeans with the paper labels still on she found in a consignment shop for $9.

Today another guy and me are taking a bike ride to Cumberland, MD.

No golf today. I'm putting so bad I just need a break from the game to clear my head. Meds don't help.:(

Took the mutt on our weekly 5 mile hike. He's really getting the hang of swimming and retrieving. Then I went to the city park for some practice time with my camera. No mutt, otherwise the little critters would have flown the coup.

img_940914_0_e78a718d9949e4d1d4038b5e778dc076.jpg

img_940914_1_9612559e51bef2ebe185f5bc0347c725.jpg

img_940914_2_01c715702cd042bcddf5f7008e3c8ddc.jpg

I woke up early from a [-]dream[/-] nightmare. In it, I was back at w*rk and was being forced to interview for my own job. All the other candidates were much younger and the interviewers smiled at them a lot.

Sure don't miss that world. :whistle:

Then I went to the farmer's market and passed on $4/ pound organic tomatoes.

Las Chicas Muy Lindas

Venezuelan Music: Venezuelan fiesta in London- 30/01/2010

No this is not what I did, (or at least not with these beauties) but I sure wish I had. Instead, this is Folklife Weekend, and some rhythmically challenged gringos will be presuming to teach other even more hopelessly lost gringos how to shake they booties. And I will be there, hoping to get whatever I can out of the process.

Ha

I woke up today. :LOL:
Today is gernanium planting day. Believe it or not, we can still get light frost in these here parts up until Memorial Day. NWS tells me that is not going to happen, so I'm going for it.
I have veggie plants hardening off in the porch. I need to expose them to some bright sunlight for a few days over the weekend. Then they will be planted.
I am way behind on my garden chores this year. Oh well. :whistle:

I rode with a friend from work up to Cumberland, MD via WV Rt 9, a couple of back roads to Hancock, MD and then I-68 to Cumberland. We stopped at the Sideling Hill Cut for a brief break and took some pictures. My bike is the one on the left. Normally riding a motorcycle on an interstate is just boring but the scenery there makes me want to invest in a helmet camera.

Attachments

• Bike ride 003 (1024x768).jpg
    Bike ride 003 (1024x768).jpg
    193 KB · Views: 5
  • Bike ride 004 (1024x768).jpg
    Bike ride 004 (1024x768).jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Bike ride 008 (1024x768).jpg
    Bike ride 008 (1024x768).jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 3
I rode with a friend from work up to Cumberland, MD via WV Rt 9, a couple of back roads to Hancock, MD and then I-68 to Cumberland. We stopped at the Sideling Hill Cut for a brief break and took some pictures. My bike is the one on the left. Normally riding a motorcycle on an interstate is just boring but the scenery there makes me want to invest in a helmet camera.

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything." - Charles Kuralt

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything." - Charles Kuralt

It also made it possible to have two families that didn't even know each other. :LOL:

We make yogurt with starter that we freeze in ice cube trays. We store the cubes in plastic bags in the freezer. I made yogurt yesterday, but didn't know that Lena had also stored cream cheese in the same little cubes. I used one of the wrong cubes.

The stuff actually "cultured" and hardened to some extent. It tastes a little good, but mostly weird.

Spent the week in WV working on the new house- I'm helping with the prep work and staining and spent about 7 days using a random orbital sander on the log walls and pine ceilings. My hands are only now starting to feel normal again. Here are a couple of pictures of the house so far along with a link to a blog we're trying to keep updated as well. The lizard seems to have made a home in the scrap woodpile near the house, it's a Northern Fence Lizard, they don't move around a lot and I was able to get quite close to him to take this shot. In an enlarged view, you can just make out some of the iridescent blue color that covers his belly and throat.

Romney West Virginia Log House Build

img_941139_0_4b961ee34678b3ba21c3b5073ed5e015.jpg

img_941139_2_f230277fd68a7a0fed8d628f0aeb464d.jpg

Spent the week in WV working on the new house- I'm helping with the prep work and staining and spent about 7 days using a random orbital sander on the log walls and pine ceilings. My hands are only now starting to feel normal again. Here are a couple of pictures of the house so far along with a link to a blog we're trying to keep updated as well. The lizard seems to have made a home in the scrap woodpile near the house, it's a Northern Fence Lizard, they don't move around a lot and I was able to get quite close to him to take this shot. In an enlarged view, you can just make out some of the iridescent blue color that covers his belly and throat.

Romney West Virginia Log House Build

That's a good looking house. But looks like a lot of work.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom