what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had lunch at Central Market, Whole Foods' (aka Whole Paycheck) main competitor here. Pasta with grilled salmon and asparagus. Yum!
Bought an art glass platter as a wedding gift. Yeowzee! Prices have gone up. Deflation my @ss.
Listening to the serene drip, drip, drip of air conditioner condensation falling into a bucket in the hall. Ah the life of a renter. No, you don't have to pay for the repairs, but you do have to wait for the landlord to fix it.

Went to w*rk, and the high point of the day, out to lunch with a couple of girlfriends including my boss who is one of my closest friends(one of the reasons I stay). I will take a walk later when it cools off. Tomorrow is a busy day as I am taking a house tour. It will benefit the Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor. It will be a hot one...prediction is for 90 to 92 with a chance of thunderstorms.

Went to a farm a few miles from here. Here are some pictures. The goats were so cute and friendly:)

Attachments

• P1010157.JPG
    P1010157.JPG
    412.7 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010162.JPG
    P1010162.JPG
    405.9 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010163.JPG
    P1010163.JPG
    455.9 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010174.JPG
    P1010174.JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010195.JPG
    P1010195.JPG
    459.1 KB · Views: 0
A few more pictures of the flowers and critters.

Attachments

• P1010154.JPG
    P1010154.JPG
    444.5 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010156.JPG
    P1010156.JPG
    403.9 KB · Views: 1
  • P1010160.JPG
    P1010160.JPG
    449.2 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010182.JPG
    P1010182.JPG
    455.3 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010199.JPG
    P1010199.JPG
    399.2 KB · Views: 0
Fortunately he lives in the sticks at a place called Merced Falls (dare you to find it on a map)
Finding things on a map isn't as hard as it used to be. ;)

MercedFalls.jpg

About two hours from the Barkin Dog Grill in Modesto.

I realized how much I miss the sound of my friend's voices.

Emails and PMs are nice but.....

I realized how much I miss the sound of my friend's voices.

Emails and PMs are nice but.....

I feel the same way. Saw a good friend from my working days for lunch today. It was wonderful to see her, hug her and interact with her in person. We keep in touch, but there's nothing like a face to face. It seems like our society has become so remote and impersonal.

Sometimes I think facebook, twitter, e-mail, and texting totally suck.

I feel the same way. Saw a good friend from my working days for lunch today. It was wonderful to see her, hug her and interact with her in person. We keep in touch, but there's nothing like a face to face. It seems like our society has become so remote and impersonal.

Nothing warms the heart like a hug.

We're going to a biker rally next week for a few days....I know many of the people that will attend. There will be plenty of 'snug hugs' and I'm gonna soak up every drop of pleasure in each one. :)

Some of those guys squeeze the puddin' out of me...but resistance is futile. :LOL:

Last edited:
Bought my brewing equipment and ingredients for batch 1. Almost didnt - drove 2 hours to the store and they had no power due to storms. Had to shop in the dark and wait until the power came on to check out

Optometrist visit today for a stronger presbyopia prescription. While we were chatting he mentioned that researchers have managed to use gene therapy to restore color vision to the retinas of rats. He's not sure whether that accomplishment will ever be deemed worthy of bringing out of the laboratory.

Good health checkup, no other eyeball issues, BP 110/65. Optometrist raised my monovision lens from 2.00 to 2.50. Could've been worse-- I got to exchange my unused disposable lenses, it wasn't 2.75, and there's no sign of incipient cataracts. But he said I'm still young...

No sign of surfer's pterygium, either. Good thing, too-- south swell coming next week.

That might be your experience, but I come across badly IRL (body language/eye contact/speech).

Email is better than no contact at all. But the phone makes it personal and is much more efficient. PtoP contact is often just too hard to arrange.

Three mile walk/hike today in a city park in Bellevue WA. The park has one of the last stands of old growth forest in an urban area. The story goes, that this was one of the first park purchases of the city way back when. When completed, one of the city staffers said, "Now we own a park."

The name of the park? Why, Weowna, of course!

-- Rita

Attachments

• DSCF2025.jpg
    DSCF2025.jpg
    968.8 KB · Views: 0
Ending a week of extremely busy activity...prepping for FL trip, logging onto Match.com and actually meeting 2 very nice gentlemen :cool: in person and going on several dates* :D, reading and responding to some very wonderful PMs from folks here who are following and advising on some major life changes of mine :flowers:, and getting the house all set for my absence. Whew. :p

* And yes, I allowed them to open the door and pay the restaurant bill. Especially the one with the Lincoln Continental. :LOL:

I will check in again when I return. :greetings10:

freebird....you GO girl! :D

Ahhhh dating....the newness, suspense, heart pumping, pulse racing......:smitten:

Hmmmm...where was I? :blink:

Oh yeah....I made supper, took care of a few chores....blah blah blah...

Drank a pot of coffee, then rode the bike. Putz around the house, out of the heat, then attend a Johnny Winter show tonight.

I threw our annual father's day cook out . Hot dogs , hamburgers , potato salad , chips , key lime pie ,apple pie and various dips .It was a small group and over early so now I am chilling out .

I woke up today for some reason thinking it was Friday. Checked how the Dow was doing and it didn't change for hours, then I realized it was Sunday :LOL:

Then spent my entire morning, afternoon and part of evening helping a friend install a new outdoor antenna to get over the air TV, the whole bit (added the coax jack to the wall, mounted the antenna, hooked up to DTV convert box etc).

Oh, btw, her "new"/old TV was only $10 at Goodwill. Not bad, came with a VCR and remote too :). Works like a charm now.

We had our annual feast of Sol Invictus, to celebrate the summer solstice. The menu is always the same -- oysters on the half-shell, steamed lobster, potato salad with smoked salmon and dill, asparagus, champagne, strawberries drizzled with balsamic vinegar for dessert. After dinner, we sat on the front porch in the gloaming, watched the fireflies and listened to the bells from the Methodist church two streets over.

We had our annual feast of Sol Invictus, to celebrate the summer solstice. The menu is always the same -- oysters on the half-shell, steamed lobster, potato salad with smoked salmon and dill, asparagus, champagne, strawberries drizzled with balsamic vinegar for dessert. After dinner, we sat on the front porch in the gloaming, watched the fireflies and listened to the bells from the Methodist church two streets over.

Sounds like a perfect day, Gumby, makes me long for summers in the midwest, especially the part about the fireflies.

Did a quick mile and a half this morning before it got above 90. Youngest son took me to breakfast at one of my favorite taquerias and then we stopped by Sur La Table and I picked up a couple of items I needed. Oldest son cooked burgers for dinner and then he and I played a round of disc golf.

I spent the day in the bathroom.

No, not like that-- fixing things. Our kid's bathroom has seen a lot of hard/careless use and it's needed some work. She took care of the toilet's leaking wax seal, the toilet's broken flush handle, and her filthy/moldy shower curtain before she left. But then the toilet's flush valve started to leak and the mold had gotten behind the tub's caulk.

So a couple days ago we stripped out the old caulk and cleaned the tub/tile to kill off the mold. Today I recaulked the tub and then replaced the toilet flush valve. We even cleaned the window over the tub and fixed its rusted hardware.

I know we live in a humid tropical paradise, but that bathroom has had a lot of run time on its plumbing, plenty of wet towels strewn around, and it's always smelled damp or even dank. Now that she's been gone for over a week, though, it's finally dried out and it's kinda nice.

After dinner, we sat on the front porch in the gloaming, watched the fireflies and listened to the bells from the Methodist church two streets over.

Gumby you brought back memories of my sitting on Grampa's and Grampma's porch many years ago. Just sitting in the dark on the squeaky porch swing watching fireflys and the fireworks from the county fair that was just a mile or two away.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom