what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for a routine appointment with my doctor. My bloodwork has improved quite a lot, and my BP is down too. What a nice surprise! My health had been going downhill during my last year or two at work, but appears to be improving in ER with little or no effort. I think the stress reduction is responsible for my improved health.

Who knew that joy and fun all day every day could do all this? :ROFLMAO:

Went for a routine appointment with my doctor. My bloodwork has improved quite a lot, and my BP is down too. What a nice surprise!
Pretty soon now you'll be getting those low-BP head rushes when you stand up out of your recliner...

Went on a nice ~160-mile bike ride. Out through Shepherdstown, WV to Boonsboro, MD, found some unknown back road that ended up on MD Rt 40, took that to near Frederick, MD then north on MD 15 to MD 26 and east on that to MD 27 south to Damascus, MD. Stopped at one of the few remaining genuine country stores for water and chatted with a guy driving a 1940's or something hot rod about what a perfect day it was. Wish I had taken a picture of it, it looked like a frame-off restore job.

Decided to head for home so took IS 270 (yuck!) to MD 340 west to MD 17 to Middletown, MD, back through Sharpsburg, MD, to Shepherdstown, WV and then home.

All in all, a nice day. I offered to take DW to her hair appointment on the bike but she has some issue about not mashing down her freshly-done hair with a motorcycle helmet. Women are funny that way. She then left in the afternoon for two days to babysit her nephew's two kids.

Prepared our ancient old "bowling ball" iMac to donate to Goodwill. Sorry to see it go. It was a great design and worked perfectly, albeit a bit slowly.
imacG4.jpg

Went for a routine appointment with my doctor. My bloodwork has improved quite a lot, and my BP is down too. What a nice surprise! My health had been going downhill during my last year or two at work, but appears to be improving in ER with little or no effort. I think the stress reduction is responsible for my improved health.

YAY! I'm hoping for the same response re BP and so on. Stress? There was (is) STRESS:confused:

Last day is tomorrow. I'm trying to pass on all accumulated knowledge of projects in a few hours. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

YAY! I'm hoping for the same response re BP and so on. Stress? There was (is) STRESS:confused:

Last day is tomorrow. I'm trying to pass on all accumulated knowledge of projects in a few hours. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:D. That's how my last days went, too. Tell us all about it.

My "white coat syndrome" has disappeared.

Happy Canada Day to all Canucks on the Board....hey, you can all be honorary (make that honourary) Canucks for today!

It's a holiday here, but since I have been away a lot recently, it's a good chance to get some stuff done at the office. That's what I've done for the past two hours. Now, I'm off to PARTY!!

smiley190.gif

Finished the overhaul of our kid's bathroom. Fresh caulk on the tub, no more hairballs in the bathtub drain, fresh toilet parts, fresh baseboard paint, cleaned window & screen, lubricated window track, cleaned & re-hung shower curtain... she'll hardly recognize the place.

We fixed the rolling wheels on two eight-foot mirrored closet doors. In retrospect it's probably been 10 years since I cleaned them, and they were the hairballs from hell-- the size of ping-pong balls in/around each wheel. The wheels were totally locked up. Spouse and I were literally using headlights, magnifying glasses, and tweezers to pick the hairs out of the bearings. (You've seen the operating-room microsurgery scenes in "Gray's Anatomy.") Dawn liquid soap turned out to be the key to breaking up the hairballs. 30 minutes' work, some WD-40, and they're rolling again (the wheels, not the hairballs).

Next we're putting new doorknobs on all the doors in that hallway. Spouse could paint some more walls and baseboards, but we've decided that it makes more sense to wait another 38 days until our teen is done banging all her luggage around on her way out the door.

Our kid got her NROTC "Welcome aboard" letter today, and spouse & I got our own "To the Parents of" letter. We've been assured us that our new midshipman will be carefully trained by the upperclass cadre while the officers stand around monitoring safety. Yeah, right. Spouse and I both have uniforms that are older than the safety monitors...

The heat wave here in eastern NC finally broke. 70s today. We rode the bike down the Outer Banks, and took the ferry to Ocracoke Island. Wandered a few beach shops, had lunch at a sandwich shop, and rode the ferry back to Hatteras. Got a call from the Ford Dealer, so far they have found a bad oil cooler, bad egt cooler, and low boost from the turbocharger. They are not finished with the tear-down yet. Sounds like... about $4000 so far. But.... it still has 2 months left on the 5/100 engine warranty!!!

We stopped at the Sugar Creek Seafood House for an early dinner. I had the disgustingly rich crab bisque to celebrate 5/100 warranties. DW had the early dinner special - 20 shrimp and 2 sides for $12.99. I ate some.

The heat wave here in eastern NC finally broke. 70s today. We rode the bike down the Outer Banks, and took the ferry to Ocracoke Island.
Spouse-to-be and I made a college after-finals trip there in May 1980. The beach was so deserted that... well... I still remember that trip.

But "Edwards" is probably long gone.

Went to western Il with my BIL (retired last week) to look over his and SIL's soon to be mini retirement ranch. Puttzed around his pole barn. Fired up his old truck and boat to make sure they would run. Came home and took my vessel on a turtle watch.

The heat wave here in eastern NC finally broke. 70s today.

Glad the heat wave finally broke (for a few days). DW and I couldn't take it anymore so we left the beach and headed 700 miles north to see the kids and grandbaby.

So today I championed the effort to chane the oil on the kid's Murano. Piece of cake except when I knocked over the 5gal. oil can. Is it coincidental that my initials are bp - doom on me

$15 worth of bad luck

I got a whipped cream maker on eBay for only $15, including shipping. No one else bid.

So it arrived today, and I take it out of the package. The packing material and the box reek of smoke. It was so bad, I put it into the fireplace (although I never burn trash).

Then I notice that a plastic part is missing -- it was still in the box! I fish it out of the ashes, but it is partially melted. I spend an hour trying to rehabilitate it, but it was too late. :(

I got a whipped cream maker on eBay for only $15, including shipping. No one else bid.

So it arrived today, and I take it out of the package. The packing material and the box reek of smoke. It was so bad, I put it into the fireplace (although I never burn trash).

Then I notice that a plastic part is missing -- it was still in the box! I fish it out of the ashes, but it is partially melted. I spend an hour trying to rehabilitate it, but it was too late. :(

Sorry to hear your whipped cream plans :cool: went up in smoke. :LOL:

Sorry T Al...normally I have extra parts for whipped cream makers, but I'm all out...

Don't you have a couple of back up units you could loan him? Or maybe it was something else I was thinking of.:greetings10:
Not sure what you're talking about...I would give someone a part, but never loan a unit.

Bought two Marie Calendar's pies on sale today...loaded with whipped cream. Too bad I can't have any...:(

(well maybe just a bite or two...;))

Checking in...

Hi everyone :greetings10:
I'm still enjoying the nice summer weather and getting out and about socially. Talk about juggling my calendar. :cool: This almost reminds me of scheduling w*rk meetings. :LOL:
I never knew how much fun dating could be. Last headcount of gentlemen from Match.com asking me out on dates was 5. One of the more recent ones owns racehorses, so I see a trip to Saratoga NY in my future.
Last count of wanting me for an exclusive LTR was 2. I am VERY upfront about just dating, so no broken hearts. :whistle:
I will be going to Orlando in mid August for a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert at UCF. I will finally see them live. FREEBIRD!
Charlie Daniels Band will also be there and somebody named Michael W. Smith. This should be FUN. :D

Thanks for all the PMs I have received, asking me if I am OK and the good wishes. :flowers:

Off I go again....;)

Today started the redo of the molding project so we went to Home Depot and Lowes to get the molding and a few other things . I love when the projects are over because they look so good but I hate the disruption while they go on . After this we are having two rooms painted with new carpeting and also carpeting the stairs and upstairs landing and painting the banisters . This is my goal for the year .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom