what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's nuthin'. High of 113 here. Our highest monthly bill last year was $419. Don't know what it will be this year. What's yours?

Just made a quick dash to Home Depot to get some "stuff". Resting now for a bit, then will go to work on putting down the wood floor for the master closet.

Last year, our highest bill was $373. I have a feeling we'll beat that this year.

Arrived home after 8 days in England around noon. Yesterday at 6:30 AM (England time, 12:30 AM U.S. Central Time) we got up to catch our flights to Austin (including a nearly 5 hour layover in Newark). We arrived in Austin a little before 11 PM (local time) last night. We had a motel room near the airport lined up figuring we'd be too tired to drive the 75 miles home at night (good choice). We got to the hotel room at around 11:45 PM and turned the light off for bed at 12:30, at which time we were up for 24 hours.

Got a good nights' sleep, grabbed breakfast, picked up the dog from boarding near the airport and went home. The comforts of home are nice, but the temperatures of Liverpool are already badly missed...

i spent most of the afternoon making my packing lists and weighing the stuff I'm going to put into my RV van. I get to pick it up Mon.

After lunch together, Frank and I went exploring in some of the most picturesque older neighborhoods in New Orleans. In some old papers handed down to him he had found the addresses at which both sets of his great-grandparents on his father's side lived when they were young.

So, we decided to find those addresses. At one was the most adorable 200 year old cottage, and it is being well kept up, too. So that was fascinating to see. It probably looked much the same when his great-grandparents lived there. The other address turned out to be an empty lot.

I haven't done much today, even though it's cool in my house the outdoor temp is 104.9 and this fact makes me feel listless.

I might have to get a part-time j*b to pay the electric bill....

Yeah, it was a very unusual 101° here today... and a miserable 9% humidity... very strange weather year we are having. I mean everywhere, not only in Denver.

101 in Denver! :eek:

At the time of this post it's cooled down in my city to a mere 97.5 degrees.

The $309 I recently paid was for 2308 KWh.
Thanks. That confirms that we Arizonans still have one of the lowest rates of electricity in the country per KWhr, and we need that too. :(

Yeah, it was a very unusual 101° here today... and a miserable 9% humidity... very strange weather year we are having. I mean everywhere, not only in Denver.

Did you misspeak? The Web said humidity of 22% in Denver, and raining.

After lunch together, Frank and I went exploring in some of the most picturesque older neighborhoods in New Orleans...

In New Orleans: 88F, humidity of 62%, dewpoint of 73F. :eek: I hope W2R and her beau were touring the city in a car, and not on foot. I would be drenched in my own sweat if I walked around in such climate.

In New Orleans: 88F, humidity of 62%, dewpoint of 73F. :eek: I hope W2R and her beau were touring the city in a car, and not on foot. I would be drenched in my own sweat if I walked around in such climate.

Yes, we were driving around since we had a lot of searching to do. The two houses were not in the same part of the city. Parking by the charming 200 year old cottage was non-existent. There was plenty of parking by the vacant lot but we simply drove by. We commented to one another that it was unusually cool today. :)

NW-Bound;958852The $419 that I paid was for nearly 3900KWh for last August. What's your KWh? [/QUOTE said:
The most KWh i've ever used was 2159. That was in January and I was still very cold. The most i've ever used in July was 300. Although I think I might be well into the 300's by the end of this July. Still only using the fan occasionally and never the A/C despite temps consistently in the 80's with high humidity. This is for a 860 sqft condo and living alone.

It has been hotter than Hades in New Orleans (the hottest June on record) and the bill I just got was only $125, for 1393 KWh. So that comparison is an indication of how hot Texas really IS in the summer.

Honestly - - I remember Texas summers and they were brutal. I really love the weather here. I'm probably the only person on earth who does. :LOL:

Still a better choice than the AZ low desert.

Dallas: Ave high in July = 96F, Record high = 112F
Phoenix: Ave high in July = 106F, Record high = 121F

Need I say more? People, move to Texas. AZ is not land for the sissies. They all turn into jerky.

PS. After 35 years, I finally realize that I am one of the sissies. Hence my screen name. :blush:

We commented to one another that it was unusually cool today. :)
The AC in the Venza was working well, I take it? :)

Did you misspeak? The Web said humidity of 22% in Denver, and raining.

I got it from the television weather guy, who was blabbing away, when I posted that. Probably can't trust him any more than the Web, though.

Right now NOAA says the humidity is 21% a couple miles from here... with a 10% chance of rain. (21% humidity and rain? Hmmmm.) Anyway the temperature has plummeted to 83° so I can go to bed now.

Spent the day on a tubing trip yesterday. Tons of people in tubes with coolers and beverages, floatin' down the river. A fun time was had by all! :LOL:

Went on a 100K organized bike ride yesterday. I'd been on the same one 11 years ago, and had been very slow and tired. This time I rode hard, and felt good the whole time. Remarkable to be better at age 56 than at 45.

DD is doing a full triathlon today in 95 degree Lawrence, Kansas.

Got a laugh yesterday from our reading-challenged local news anchor. She reads haltingly and pronounces words wrong "apparel" like "chaparral" and says "rhododendrom."

But yesterday was the best. She reported on a woman who crashed and spent five days stuck in a ravine. But she said it like this: "A woman drove off the road and spent five days living in the bottom of a raven."

Just returned from a NYS state convention for American Legion. I enjoyed plenty of cold beverages gratis and some cheap visual entertainment. :cool:
I won a handmade clock in a raffle.
I am busy today. See the revived "Noo Yawker BBQ" thread in a few moments. ;)

New Mexico heat is bad too right now. I am sitting in my recliner spritzing myself and my son with a spray bottle. The swamp cooler is broken. My partner thinks we need to get AC. Hell no.
Gardener

New Mexico heat is bad too right now. I am sitting in my recliner spritzing myself and my son with a spray bottle. The swamp cooler is broken. My partner thinks we need to get AC. Hell no.
Gardener
What you need is an altitude adjustment. You're obviously living the low life. :)

What you need is an altitude adjustment. You're obviously living the low life. :)

I live at 7300' . High 90's are a crime against nature here. But we fixed the swamp cooler this morning! We almost never use it b/c it NEVER gets hot at my house. I can barely grow tomatoes most years b/c it is in the 40's-50's most summer nights. I expect a nice harvest this year!
Heidi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom