what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from 4 days of hiking/biking in Az. Nice, but a little warm. Also did a little beer tasting research to finalize my plan for the next home brew batch

Yesterday we dressed like cowboy/cowgirl and went to a rodeo, but it was boring. I think that's my last rodeo. I can get by the farm-animal-torture aspect of it, but it's mostly the same thing over and over.

CowboyAl.jpgCowgirlLena.jpg

Today I refilled some inkjet cartridges for the first time, and it worked perfectly.

Nice pics Al....:flowers:

I had chocolate pudding with whipped cream for lunch today. :)

Nice try Al, but you'd never pass for the real thing in these parts. :)

I gave up on rodeos about 20 years ago after witnessing too much animal torture - the human variety. The last straw for me was when I saw two riders collide and one lay on the floor of the arena having convulsions while the EMS folks worked on him. A few years prior to that I attended a rodeo where a clown act got live shotgun rounds mixed in with blanks. Not a pretty sight when he shot into the crowd. :(

Oh, Man!

How about the mutton busting? They take kids that are just past the toddler stage and put them on the sheep, which take off until the kid does a face plant. 90% are crying at the end.

A day late...yesterday was "clean and organize the screened porch" day. I probably burned off 3 lbs w*rking in the heat. But you will never hear me grouse about 85 degree temps here in East Nowhere. ;)

I moved a small round glass and wrought iron table and chairs to replace a too large antique pumpkin cherry wood table and maple chairs I had in the porch. I now have a nice setup to have coffee and eat "outdoors", safe from mosquitoes and flies.
My hot Portugal peppers are growing beautifully in their container. Cubanelles in the 10 gal aquarium are blossoming like crazy. My Black Eyed Susan vine is threatening to take over the free world.

My screened porch serves as a greenhouse and fabulous hang out place. :D

I spent most of the day listing a few things on Craig's list . I then reread my ereaders instructions on how to down load library books until I was about to give up and have my SO(Gary ) grandson(who is seven ) come over and explain it to me . I did finally figure it out .

I got my new (to me) car, no wait, van, no, cabin the state safety inspection this morning. Passed with mechanic saying it is in terrific condition. I have to wait for them to get the title to me - some rigamarole with NJ. Hopefully by Mon. Can't register it til I have the title.

Got home & plugged it into a 15amp circuit. AC runs fine on the low elec. Then did the scrub a dub. Going over all the surfaces. I only like my own dirt - not some one elses. It didn't look dirty but bucket water sure got dark.

I'm so happy to finally get my cabin on wheels.

Just retired

What did I do yesterday? I just retired a month ago from 39 years of international school teaching. I'm settled now in Singapore as a retiree. Yesterday I did my morning swim, visited my dog in quarantine (he gets out tomorrow), and took my usual walk thorough the city looking at interesting help wanted signs. The thing about retiring overseas is that working part-time can be an adventure itself. I want some additional income to finace my flights to Myanmar, or Nepal, or India.

That's what I did yesterday.

Regards,
Rob

We liked that California to Oregon and back ride (last Wednesday) so much that we did it again today. The funny thing was that Lena had left her water bottle in the parking lot last week, and it was there today! The waitress had seen it every day, and had been debating whether to throw it away.

Congratulations Rob! :greetings10:

This a.m. I woke up from a bad dream. In my dream, I was pregnant. :eek:
I blame Jay's tiny house.

Worked in the back yard this morning. My flowers are bloomin' and the grass is plumen'. :)

Yeah, and it's hot outside.

Attachments

• DSC01667.jpg
    DSC01667.jpg
    799.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC01668.jpg
    DSC01668.jpg
    897.5 KB · Views: 5
My day started with a series of phone calls between 1 am and 4 am about patients....it was difficult to drag myself out of bed at 6:30 am. Today was a work day but administrative. Luckily one meeting was cancelled. Just got home at 6 pm. Am dog tired. One more thing to do tonight: pack for vacation! :cool:

Dived into the back of the closet for my warmest clothes, took a walk but regretted I didn't think to take gloves along, as they say in these parts, "it's July, bring out the woolies."

Dived into the back of the closet for my warmest clothes, took a walk but regretted I didn't think to take gloves along, as they say in these parts, "it's July, bring out the woolies."

I can't believe it's that cold in Northern California!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom