what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dived into the back of the closet for my warmest clothes, took a walk but regretted I didn't think to take gloves along, as they say in these parts, "it's July, bring out the woolies."

As Mark Twain said " The coldest winter I ever spent was summer in San Francisco "

Replaced my old desktop keyboard with a new one ($9.99 including shipping - Newegg Shell Shocker deal). Too many spills of coffee, soft drinks and liquid meds rendered the old one too sticky to clicky...

Installed my new laptop keyboard cover purchased for $4.70 from Ebay, because it's not as easy to replace a laptop keyboard. ;)

Starting yesterday having new window installed in the upstairs bedrooms, guest rooms, bathroom and in the lower level kitchen.

They are Marvin triple pane low E. Swing in or can be tilted in at the top. A slick locking mechanism. They got them all swapped out yesterday. Today and tomorrow trimwork on the inside and out.

Hated the sash type windows the horizontal frame edges were all exactly at eye level. DW loves the idea of being able to clean both sides of the glass standing inside. She decided I was getting too old phartish to be hiking up on ladder to clean windows.

I know I'm the winner with this deal. No more window cleaner, another honeydoo job off the fall and spring schedule.:whistle:

I went to the dentist with the Bostonian along for moral support. He fell asleep in the waiting room while I was being drilled and filled. :whistle:
I got a strawberry shake as a reward for being a good girl.
Killing time in the screened porch until the afternoon's events unfold. >:D

Today, took my sons fishing, though we got skunked and I spent half my time untying wind knots. Still it was fun. I don't mind getting up early to do stuff because I know I can take a nap or sleep in the next day. Ain't it grand?

While playing with FIRECalc, I usually set the number of years for retirement at 35. Today, I tried 45 then 50 years. I got 100% on 50 years...that means it's ok if I live to be 102. :dance:

:rolleyes:..........:LOL:

I went to the dentist with the Bostonian along for moral support. He fell asleep in the waiting room while I was being drilled and filled. :whistle:
I got a strawberry shake as a reward for being a good girl.
Killing time in the screened porch until the afternoon's events unfold. >:D

And who is the mystery Bostonian ?:cool:

Turned on the A/C.

I look forward to the day that I can say I turned mine off. Maybe this fall.

No golf today. Felt a little crappy the last day or two as I have been a little drained. Went to doc and he said I have a bacteria infection of some kind. Gave me a prescription for antibiotics so I'm eating those now. Guess I'll have to lay off my other med's for a few days.:( But got the rest of my annual blood work done and of course the doc waved at me in a very personal way.:blush:

Yesterday we took DW's sister out to lunch. After 29 years of nursing, last week she retired! She already looks more relaxed, but wonders (just a little) what she's going to do. So I pointed her to this thread.

Last night I went dancing outdoors in the park. It was fairly chilly, but a big crowd and mostly everyone having fun and smiling. I look forward to these dances every year, as they are outdoors in attractive places, cool and attended by lots of people who aren't regular members of a dance community, so I get to meet some less battle-hardened women. The sponsors put down a portable dancefloor. The dances have grown over the years, many have live bands and 16 are scheduled this summer. I imagine that the last few might be quite cold, as they are in a place fully exposed to the wind off the bay.

Once you reach middle age, men have it easier than women at things like this. Though here women at least feel free to ask a man to dance, and many do that. If a woman is sitting and sees a guy dancing who seems respectful and at least moderately skilled often she will pounce, literally, the minute he releases his current partner.

I think I have discovered a difference between men and women. For the most part when a man looks at a woman dancing or standing, he thinks is she pretty, is she sexy, is she well dressed. A woman on the other hand seems more inclined to note the interaction and perceived relationship between the partners. If his current partner is enjoying the dance, I likely will too she seems to think. They rate the other woman's apparent experience and seem to decide that it likely has meaning for them. In a dance community this is very out front where they share war stories, warnings, and also recs in the ladies room.

Ha

I've done very little today. I did have to run a couple of errands, for the kitties... The clerk I spoke to is getting married next May. She said she already had the venue and had ordered her dress. She looked a bit sad and I asked her why....she said, "I've been bursting into tears the last few days because the bills are starting to come in and it depresses me."

:blink:

Tonight I'll be going to a concert at the local college where my DH will be playing in a Latin Jazz combo. :)

'Bout wore myself out today trying to rid my flower garden of Sweet Woodruff...nothing sweet about that stuff.:mad: It was such a cute little plant last year...not this year.

Last night I went dancing outdoors in the park. It was fairly chilly, but a big crowd and mostly everyone having fun and smiling. I look forward to these dances every year, as they are outdoors in attractive places, cool and attended by lots of people who aren't regular members of a dance community, so I get to meet some less battle-hardened women. The sponsors put down a portable dancefloor. The dances have grown over the years, many have live bands and 16 are scheduled this summer. I imagine that the last few might be quite cold, as they are in a place fully exposed to the wind off the bay.

Once you reach middle age, men have it easier than women at things like this. Though here women at least feel free to ask a man to dance, and many do that. If a woman is sitting and sees a guy dancing who seems respectful and at least moderately skilled often she will pounce, literally, the minute he releases his current partner.

I think I have discovered a difference between men and women. For the most part when a man looks at a woman dancing or standing, he thinks is she pretty, is she sexy, is she well dressed. A woman on the other hand seems more inclined to note the interaction and perceived relationship between the partners. If his current partner is enjoying the dance, I likely will too she seems to think. They rate the other woman's apparent experience and seem to decide that it likely has meaning for them. In a dance community this is very out front where they share war stories, warnings, and also recs in the ladies room.

Ha

Nah. When I was dancing a lot, the only thing in my head about potential dance partners was: can he lead and not jerk my arm off? Faking enjoyment is something women are highly skilled at. We know it and don't assume another is actually being sincere. She is just as likely only being gracious. I looked at how the men led and danced but as you say, women are at a disadvantage in that game. Consequently, we suffer through a lot of bad dancers and some men on the make. I only looked at women who were really good dancers for the enjoyment and for technique. I really had not the least bit of interest in most of the men for anything but a dance.

Today, I spent most of it at MVA getting my van camper all legal. Then I went to the shop to find out if he could fix my broken generator exhaust pipe, but alas not. Nobody has the small diameter stuff. Time to figure out a jury rig solution. Seems ridiculous to not have repair stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom