what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coffee/breakfast at Tim Hortons.
Trying to figure out how to cook one steak rare and one medium (I always do warm in the middle).
Depending on the heat, about 5 minutes on a hot BBQ.

Khan, I hope you had a Happy Birthday on Wednesday. :flowers:

And Freebird5825, Happy Birthday tomorrow!! :flowers:
Ditto!

...just this past week there were 50 additional HUD foreclosures just in my local area. Aargh.

Oh well. :rolleyes: Full steam ahead.
Say what?

Today I volunteered at a free clinic.

Also trying to get used to this website as I am new here. Enjoying it though.

Today I volunteered at a free clinic.

Also trying to get used to this website as I am new here. Enjoying it though.

Welcome ! I am a retired RN . I worked mostly in the OR but I did spend eleven years in Interventional Radiology !

What great day I had. :D

All of the local restaurants of any notability are closed on Mondays, so I was treated to a homemade dinner, bottle of wine, guitar CDs playing all day, a very romantic birthday card, and...:cool:

Tomorrow is a road trip east to New England. :greetings10:
We are definitely going to go drive to the ocean and have some real fried clams :D, whole clams instead of those dinky little strips :nonono:.
A whole lobster could easily end up on my plate. :clap:

What great day I had. :D

All of the local restaurants of any notability are closed on Mondays, so I was treated to a homemade dinner, bottle of wine, guitar CDs playing all day, a very romantic birthday card, and...:cool:

Tomorrow is a road trip east to New England. :greetings10:
We are definitely going to go drive to the ocean and have some real fried clams :D, whole clams instead of those dinky little strips :nonono:.
A whole lobster could easily end up on my plate. :clap:

Sounds like a perfect birthday!! I'm glad. :) Have fun in New England tomorrow.

A HA! Two Virgos running amok on the forum. :D

HAPPY Belated BIRTHDAY !
:flowers::flowers::flowers:
:flowers::flowers::flowers: 1 flower for each 10 years.

I would like to start a "mutual admiration society" for September babies. We Virgos were conceived during Christmas or New Years' Eve parties. :cool:

I duly nominate Khan as President, having the Sept 1st slot.
All in favor say "Aye" :greetings10:

OK, I'll join in. Happy Birthday to you two! Sept. 16 for me. :)

Picked up spouse today at the airport.

It's been a while since I waited around baggage claim. Today's flight originated in LAX and was continuing on to Japan, Korea, and China. Quite an eclectic crowd debarked for their Hawaii vacation.

Anyway she's back, and I have a new appreciation for all the household operations that go on around here. (I'm on call for maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, toilet cleaning, and extermination-- but rarely operations.) It seems that all day long there are windows to be opened (later closed), fans to be turned on (later turned off), wastebaskets & trash to be hauled, green waste to be collected, recycling to be sorted, plants to be watered, bunny & fishes to be fed, rugs to be vacuumed, and so on. Maybe the ops load ramped up because our [-]slave labor[/-] apprentice escaped for college a few weeks ago.

Spouse is really happy to be back home. Too much drama & angst during her Mainland trip. There ended up being a major field day here yesterday but she was appreciative of the resulting material condition and the accomplished maintenance... or maybe just glad to be back in her recliner.

Got up late...again. In a few minutes I'm gonna make some waffles and top them with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. I think I'll spread a table cloth on the patio table and dine outside while the raindrops dance in my pond.

I imagine soon after that, I'll take a nap. :)

After seeing an announcement a couple of days ago that NASA had rescheduled the launch dates of the last two shuttle missions, I decided to attempt crossing off one more item on my bucket list.

After watching this video, I am even more determined to go to one of the final launches. The cameras were attached to the booster rockets so that you are watching the lift-off, the Shuttle separation, and then the plummet back to Earth.

YouTube - Blast into Space, Spectacular Fall to Earth

Packed another box and moved my large and ever-growing "take to GoodWill" pile to the now-empty room by the front door.

As for packing, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. After spending some time walking from room to room and taking note of everything, I have a rough estimate of how many boxes I will end up with. Next week I will call the Salvation Army to take another load of junky cheap furniture.

We donated half a dozen or more boxes of books to the library today.

W2R, must be a trend here as the Salvation Army is coming to our house tomorrow. Probably a lot of interesting items available at thrifts nowadays with all kinds of people moving, some for unfortunate reasons. In our case the reasons are good ones DS painted several rooms in our house which precipitated throwing out a lot of stuff. Also he moved off to college and so there is more for Salvation Army.

W2R, must be a trend here as the Salvation Army is coming to our house tomorrow. Probably a lot of interesting items available at thrifts nowadays with all kinds of people moving, some for unfortunate reasons. In our case the reasons are good ones DS painted several rooms in our house which precipitated throwing out a lot of stuff. Also he moved off to college and so there is more for Salvation Army.

Have you been to your Salvation Army recently? Ours has some beautiful furniture - - much better than what I remember forty years ago (when I was buying instead of donating).

We are also giving smaller things to GoodWill, but in our area they don't have a truck. So the Salvation Army gets the big stuff.

Took several boxes to the Salvation Army today as I continue to clean out stuff I don't need anymore. My efforts are no where near as aggressive as W2R though!

Took several boxes to the Salvation Army today as I continue to clean out stuff I don't need anymore. My efforts are no where near as aggressive as W2R though!

That's great that you donated several boxes of things to the S.A.!! They are a good organization, it seems to me. :)

Looks like a good article for any seller to keep in mind. We put a lot of stuff in the garage before we moved years ago. Seems most people don't mind the garage clutter except maybe some of us guys.

I think it would help to tour some homes on the market in your area and see what the competition is up to.

P.S. Moemg, looks like your avatar was shot in San Diego. There is a nice restaurant we like right there called the Fish Market with decent prices, great service, and good harbor views.

P.S. Moemg, looks like your avatar was shot in San Diego. There is a nice restaurant we like right there called the Fish Market with decent prices, great service, and good harbor views.

No, It is Sarasota ,Florida . The statue is here now thanks to several wealthy residents .

Attachments

• thekiss.jpg
    thekiss.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 1
No, It is Sarasota ,Florida . The statue is here now thanks to several wealthy residents .
Didn't know there was more then one of those. I looked up the San Diego sculpture and found it was done in 2007 so it's pretty new. Here is a link to the article:
WWII Commemorative Statue Unveiled In San Diego
Kind of an unusual sculpture but seems to be put in the right location and gets a lot of attention.

We've been visiting San Diego a lot as DS is now going to SDSU there. The sculpture is placed right next to the old Navy aircraft carrier Midway which you can tour. It's a great tour and the top deck has all kinds of aircraft on display including several jet fighters and helicopters. If you're planning to visiting San Diego this is a good thing to do on Sunday when parking at the harbor area is free.

I adopted a dog today.:) Another 1st year of retirement item crossed off my list, now that I have the camper van and can take her with. She's a 5 month old smooth collie. I hope she doesn't get much bigger. My cats approved of her and took an instant liking to her. They had the veto power. Yesterday, I learned both of my cats have the beginnings of chronic renal failure.:( Tomorrow, the new dog goes to the vet.

I predict there will lots of dog training in my future.

She is a beauty!

Dental cleaning and check up this morning. Then picked up my mom and we went to Walgreens to get a flu shot. The whole ordeal took 45 minutes. As we were leaving, I heard an announcement that flu shots were available with no waiting lines. I couldn't help but laugh.

About to take a nap and then go get a haircut. Tough life.;)

Today...hmmmmm

I played nurse to my fave guy. His stomach was all upset so I gave him one of my famous stomach rubs (now BEHAVE! :bat:). The method is to get the [-]victim[/-] patient to lie down on his back, close his eyes, and get the stomach muscles to relax by rubbing the abdomen in circular motions. Guaranteed to cure insomnia also. :whistle:

You want me to behave after you threw that beach ball over the plate?

Ugh, hope things are drying up soon, or if not that you can swim if need be! Sounds very wet up there. BTW you come up with the coolest emoticons. :)

I'd like to know where those cool emoticons come from...:blush: Do you cool guys make them? I don't know how.:duh:

Today I continued packing everything I won't need (for myself or for the house) for the next few months. Most of this took place in my den, which needs to be painted, but my guest bedroom doesn't - - so today I broke out the dollie and moved all the boxes to my guest bedroom, where they are neatly stacked. That was tiring but a step in the right direction. It will get them out of the way of the painters. Then packed, sealed, labeled, and stacked a few more large boxes.

Very [-]tiring[/-] exhausting work, and I feel every bit my age. My house looks like - - well, like a house looks in the middle of a do-it-all-yourself move. Most of us have been there, done that, I guess.

Later we had lunch and spent the afternoon enjoying one another's company and resting for a while. Tonight I am trying to clear a path for the Salvation Army. It looks like this will be the last S.A. pickup until the house is sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom