what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love bbbamI's fluffies.....:D

Painter will start on living room/dining/kitchen tomorrow. My dog was driving me mad with the painter here. She is now at the kennel 'til Friday. For someone that is not doing the painting, I'm pooped. I removed all the wall hangings and moved the furniture away from the walls. I also undid the TV and VCR...hope I can put it back together. Appeasing the dog was also very tiring, probably the worse part.:mad: Tomorow, with no dog underfoot should be very peaceful.
Thank you....:greetings10:

Yes, I know about animals being underfoot. My cats walk just a few inches in front of me and kind of zigzag. It's no wonder I have problems with my back...I walk across the floor like I'm drunk. :p

Thank you....:greetings10:

Yes, I know about animals being underfoot. My cats walk just a few inches in front of me and kind of zigzag. It's no wonder I have problems with my back...I walk across the floor like I'm drunk. :p

You do the 'kitty shuffle'?

Lovely 5-7 footers today on the south shore, and I'm finally figuring out my kid's 7'9" epoxy board. It's a lot more nimble than both my 9'0" and me. Not good or bad but definitely different.

A couple more years' practice and maybe I'll get something out of the 6'10" that's been sitting in our garage since 2004.

I went into the office until noon and then I left to go to the dentist to get a root canal done which went very well.

In the afternoon I just hung around the house not wanting to do much.

Road trip through eastern Washington through the Yakima River valley to the Columbia River. The Yakima River Valley is picture 1.
moz-screenshot.png
Pictures 2 & 3 taken at Maryhill Vineyards looking up and down the Columbia River into Oregon.

-- Rita

Attachments

• Day 1 002.jpg
    Day 1 002.jpg
    905.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Day 1 021.jpg
    Day 1 021.jpg
    603 KB · Views: 1
  • Day 1 020.jpg
    Day 1 020.jpg
    703 KB · Views: 1
Got up early enough to meet a friend for lunch at 12:30. My friend works at the cop station...a couple of suggestions were made about me coming back. Eh...don't think so at this point.

Went to a department store to pick up a few items. A man touched me on the arm and showed me a package of men's underwear. He said he was thinkin' of changin' styles..and what did I think..? :blink:

Was my 6 month visit to the dentist. Cleaning, some xrays, inspection; everything holding up.

Plumber came to check up on boiler for winter. Pressure gauge is broken (31 years); I think the boiler is older than the plumber.

Plumber done, painter done, electrician done, roofer done, handyman done... making progress! Tomorrow I'll schedule the whole house recarpeting.

How did he know what kind of underwear you were wearing?!?

Oh, wait, maybe I misread that...
Hmmm...well, y'all don't know for sure if I'm of the female persuasion or not...but he could tell....

I guess it would depend--did he have a nice package?
:LOL:

I didn't get that close of a look...:angel: I think I murmured something about it's good to mix things up a bit from time to time...I did everything I could not to use the word 'depends'.

Found an excuse to go to Maui again for a couple days in Oct-- Napili Bay above Kapalua on the northwest coast. I think the accommodations will be a bit of an upgrade from our Haleakala trip. We'll do plane/car reservations tomorrow.

I wonder if anything bad can happen at a surf break named "Slaughterhouse"...

Hmmm...well, y'all don't know for sure if I'm of the female persuasion or not...but he could tell....
Yeah, I've noticed your persistent misdirection in that regard...

Took the ferry boat from Bellagio to Menaggio on Lake Como, then walked along the lake to the bus station. The bus took us to Lugarno in Switzerland. We walked to a snack shop and they called a taxi. The taxi took us to the train station where we went first class to Lucerne. We snagged a taxi and got to our hotel. The weather is sunny and cool (22 degrees C). The total transit time was 5.5 hours.

Today I booked our Alaskan trip and also picked out the carpet for our current project . I love remodeling projects when they are done but I hate the mess and disarray that goes with them . Hopefully in a week we will be back to normal until the next project.

Wait a sec, you told me it was you in those last photos and I have to say...........
Say 'whut'?.....;)

Ahhh...updated my portfolio spreadsheet and was tickled to see a larger gain than I anticipated; especially since the stock portion of my portfolio is rather low. My portfolio is at an all time high.

It still amazes me that not only am I just sittin' on my tookus, but I'm taking money from my savings and not adding to it...yet it continues to grow. Hopefully it will always be like that....well, I can dream, can't I?

What a beautiful day today. But, my sinuses gave me fits on the golf course. Took a claritin this morning, but that's like taking a sugar pill. Does nothing. Got home, took one of my prescription pills(semprex-d) and it didn't help much. I hope better fall days are ahead for me. It's not easy to putt between sniffles. :blink:

Being semi retired, I work 4 morning a week and I am off on Friday. This is the day of the week I take care of my personal business. Today I went to my dietician in the morning. After lunch I followed up on some old health insurance claims that I was never received payment for. They wanted further documentation so I went to the pharmacy and got printouts of the original Rx.

I spent the day in Vancouver, where I had a business meeting this morning. It was a glorious fall day with temperatures in the 20s C (70s F) and nary a cloud in the sky. After my meeting I wandered around Yaletown and discovered some new favourite vistas. :)

Spent last night at a downtown Sheraton (free on points) and got upgraded to a suite on the 35th floor. Total Cost" $0. :clap: Travel to and from YVR is now so easy with the Canada line opened prior to the Olympics. I couldn't help thinking how different it must be for the athletes at the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, where they have hired an monkey to chase away the small macaque monkeys who might otherwise bite the visitors!! :2funny:

After a very smooth flight home I am ready for bed.

Today I am going to an Oktoberfest party at my little boating club. There will be bratwurst, knockwurst, potato salad, a local group called Fritz' Polka Band.
http://www.fritzspolkaband.com/members

You polka fans can listen to some snippets of their music here
http://www.fritzspolkaband.com/music_downloads
Tracks 7, 8 and 12 are traditional pieces.

and.....um...there will be something else there today. What am I forgetting ?

:confused:

Can anyone help me remember ? :greetings10:

Freebird---being from western PA with a large eastern European descent population, I have been to many weddings and events involving polka bands and they are a lot of fun. We even learned to polka (and waltz) in gym class in junior high school.
I am not doing not much of anything today except putter around the house and get ready for my Cape Cod cousin's visit next week-end. Later today my new TV will be delivered and set up for me. Haven't had a TV in over a week and I do kinda miss it.

Full steam ahead on the carpet, but it still isn't happening fast enough to suit me. :mad: Maybe a week from Monday if I'm lucky (because I am paying extra for the expedited 72-hour service :rolleyes:). Guess I need to learn some patience. The first cut at an estimated price was about 20% lower than I expected, so naturally I like that.

Today we had a nice lunch at a local restaurant. Later we will be looking for shower doors and miniblinds (for him), and for me, faceplates for wall switches and electrical outlets, and a brand new doorbell button.

My painter is thrilled with the eighty pound 42" plasma TV that I gave him in payment for some of the painting work. I now have a nice ten pound 19" LCD TV, which will be so much easier to deal with until we are permanently situated again. The picture is good enough to be able to follow and understand the shows that I normally watch.

Freebird---being from western PA with a large eastern European descent population, I have been to many weddings and events involving polka bands and they are a lot of fun. We even learned to polka (and waltz) in gym class in junior high school.

Polka! Ah, yes... a great country tradition:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom