what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoveled - again
Called insurance agent - snow plow strapped to city garbage truck plowed my kids car up onto sidewalk.
Killed ants - the gates of hell have surely opened releasing streams of tiny brown beasts on a superhighway through my foundation.
Responded to Norton worm alert - entry denied, updates installed
Started a batch of yulekaka - kitchen smells like cardamom.
After lunch, wrapping, a date with chessboard toting (carless) kid and maybe, hopefully a nap?

It is ****ing snowing again. ****, ****, ****. I am sick of this!

Going out in a few minutes to shovel the steps.

And the ****ing snowplow dumped loads on our front sidewalk and ****ing driveway.

Love the descriptive writing. I learned that version in the Army.
grin.gif

And the ****ing snowplow dumped loads on our front sidewalk and ****ing driveway.

Me thinks you might want to consider changing your ID name to ****ha......:cool:

So, are you saying you don't like snow? ;)

I'm to the point, that I don't care what the weather is like.....I have plenty of the necessities to last about a month w/o needing to go anywhere.....Food & T.P. So let it ****ing snow all it ****ing wants to! :D

Here are pictures from my ride with DD to meet DW for lunch. 35 degrees when we started out.

Note snow in background:

img_763463_0_28107b35cf481e51da5b294ece65da2f.jpg

Hamming it up -- I don't know where she gets that.

img_763463_1_8b620e15a85b695f20405da6396069df.jpg

img_763463_2_b3941e1b3fb0fcda7f337fc6f3c09f98.jpg

45.5 miles altogether.

img_763463_3_a910709e13fbe1e476653f30566b5069.jpg

I've been spending the days with my Mom and younger sister . They are visiting for several days and luckily we are having great ( sorry guys ) weather . I've brought out my collection of Christmas movies and we are slowly watching them . Christmas we are having fourteen people for dinner so tomorrow I'll do the prep work then off to Midnight Mass. My upstairs is a separate guest area complete with a bedroom ,bathroom and sitting area so guests are not on top of you . It's a great feature especially for introverts like me .

Visited with mom. It's been 30 years ago today that my father died. He would have been 82. We remembered many things about him. He was a good man and I still miss him so much after all these years.

Visited with mom. It's been 30 years ago today that my father died. He would have been 82. We remembered many things about him. He was a good man and I still miss him so much after all these years.

My Dad has also been dead thirty years and I still miss him especially at Christmas .

My Dad's gone 30 years 3 months and 26 days and I think of him every day. He'd be 98 and getting ready to turn 99 on March 18th of 09. <sigh>

I know how you all feel. Both my parents passed away in their early 50s and have been gone 30 years--didn't know when they passed away how much I would still need them 30 years later (maybe that was a good thing). Christmas is always hard.

Spent the day on windshield replacement research--a piece of ice came flying off the roof of a semi on the Interstate and cracked the windshield Sunday while we were driving to see family. Still shaking and so grateful that DS kept control of the car.

We're in Northern VA for the holidays, so after walking the dogs I had lunch with a couple of ex-coworkers. Did a little addtional shopping, then DW and I picked up DD and DGD (almost 3) and rode through the Bull Run Festival of Lights. We had fun, and the little bit loved it! She jabbered nonstop. Surprisingly there was a little fair at the end, but one ride on the carousel was enough. It was too cold. Then back home for dinner (chicken and dumplings - perfect winter food). Now I'm laying on the sofa with 2 pugs and a laptop on me. Not too shabby.

I drove my Mom out to the Super [-]Waste of Time & Space[/-] Walmart this morning, in near blizzard conditions, to get her prescription refilled. She called first thing this morning so that hopefully it would be ready by the time we arrived.....only to be told it would be ready for her at 10 a.m. TOMORROW!!! I told her to bundle up, and I'd take her out there today, and she could read them the riot act! We got there, and the pharmacy folks were standing around gabbing, doing seemingly nothing....so she explains that she called, and was told it wouldn't be ready 'til tomorrow. The [-]b*tch[/-] wonderful lady behind the counter started [-]giving her some sh*t[/-] making excuses about it...then dear ol' Mom lit into her! :rant:

She got her meds, and told them she'd never come back there again, and started to explain what they could do with their pharmacy! :rant:

I think the [-]b*tch[/-] wonderful pharmacy lady had to go take some Excedrin after that! :D

After that pleasant experience...which wasn't the first....we've decided we'll never darken their doorway again......Dang, I hate WM!!! :bat:

Anyway, I shoveled snow 4 times today....1" the 1st, 2" the 2nd, about 1" the 3rd, and about 1" of wet, heavy snow & slop the 4th. And I fed the [-]vultures[/-] birdies 3 times. Otherwise I goofed off all day...imagine that would ya! Oh, and I went for coffee this evening, and made a trip to the grocery store to raid the deli! :D

Al, your daughter sure looks like your wife. They are both very attractive; you are lucky.

I had a great day. I walked from my home on Capitol Hill down to Lake Washington. I did my pet chores down there, then went to the beach and threw in a penny.

Then I started back and got the idea that it would be fun to walk all the way across Seattle to Elliot Bay and throw a penny in there. So I walked up and down hills in the snow for 9 miles out and back, - walked out on the pier just north of the ferries, tossed in my penny, watched a ferry all lit up and cozy-looking come in, then turned around and walked back up the Harbor Steps and along with about 100 others walked up Pike Street onto Capitol Hill. Traffic wasn't moving at all. I never even saw a bus, except downtown on the flat.

I think it has only been snowy here for about a week- but I have got in much better condition than before. The softer surface of snow and even ice is much easier on my back than pavement is, so I can go farther without problems. When I would come across a bit of shoveled sidewalk it felt jarring and uncomfortable.

If I can find a companion I think I will start up hiking on the trails out I-90 when spring and summer come. I had been afraid that I might get out somewhere and have trouble getting back, but now I think the softer surface will be very nice and well within my powers.

I know this snow has been very hard for people who have to get to work. Much of the city is undrivable, and many bus routes are closed down while others run only sporadically. But is has been very nice for me. :)

Ha

Met my trainer at the gym....he is starting to get on my nerves a bit ;)
Went to a meeting and the credit union.
Ate ice-cream for lunch (Edy's Thin Mint, Limited Edition) YUM
Took a nice nap while listening to Judge Judy go nuts at the idiots in her court room.
Did a massage.
Went to another meeting.
Got some things at Walgreens.
Drove around for an hour....started from my college dorm all the way to where I live now and had a bit of a memory lane moment....got some clarity, had some internal shifts....so glad to be alive.

Yesterday spent 6 hours on the tractor widening our private road on one side!! With our snow totals (we have 36-40" on the ground the road was only 10-12' wide. It is usually that wide the middle of February after clearing the winter snows from December - February.

Both boys will be up for Christmas and we're scheduled to get another 4-10 inches by noon tomorrow followed by another storm on Saturday.

Definitely a winter wonderland this year.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Slept in, really far in until cell phone rang. Didn’t remember where it was, so missed the call. Started to make coffee before returning call, assuming it was bro. It was and he called back on the landline. Visiting The Texas Hill Country, what was that, 70 degrees, makes it sound like a great place to be, going to San Anton for New Year’s Eve. You Texans have been so outed! Not one word about critters. Don’t worry, almost no one reads this thread.

Messed around on the laptop while waking up, took bath, put some laundry in the washer, checked laptop again. A guy in a monastery in the Midwest has purchased my nearly new book, “Scorsese on Scorsese.” Mind boggling that someone in a theology school, on Christmas Day, would be interested in the director who made movies from “Taxi Driver” to “The Departed.”

SO will be over later, we’ll have to decide how to scrounge up some food, are very aware that our fav restaurant is open today.

Saying Merry Christmas again to ER forums.

Attachments

• IMG_3886.jpg
    IMG_3886.jpg
    859.9 KB · Views: 3
dh2b was worse than a little kid last night.
can we open presents now? <30 minutes later> can we open presents now?
<30 minutes later> can we open presents now? :rolleyes:
so, to start today, at 12:01 AM, I drummed my fingernails on the front door (hooves) and jiggled the bells (sleighbells), and FINALLY opened presents. :D
zzzzzz...slept in today til 9 AM.
corned beef hash and eggs for b'fast.
watched it snow :cool:

davemartin88, you have some real talent with the wood. Guess the only thing you don't do is grow the trees. I love this kind of stuff, not because I can do it, but my father was one of the best wood craftsman
you could ever meet. This guy was a genius with wood. My oak book shelves look like something out of a furniture store. He was a pattern maker by trade and got to use the company equipment and material for free (one of the perks of living in a small town). A lot of the patterns they made were out of Hondurus mahogany and so were were a lot of things in our house. By the way, I'm not very familiar with Virginia, but my wife was raised in Pulaski. Again, congrats on a great skill!

Worked in the hospital. Am still there, waiting for the nurses to finish report so I can do a procedure. Merry Christmas everyone!

At least there was a free turkey dinner....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom