what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran errands/shopping to several locations.

I need a wife.

I cooked a large turkey last week end so today I'm making turkey soup & turkey tetrazzini . I also bought a new lamp . It's a life guard station standing lamp and it goes perfect with our slightly funky beachy casual look .

Ran errands/shopping to several locations.
I need a wife.
It seems that no matter which way you try to handle it, you end up going out three or four times a week or else doing a once-a-week marathon.

I'm referring to the errands/shopping, not the wives...

Years ago, when we had a cat, our vet once suggested doing this, and she demonstrated with a "toothbrush" that had only a few long limp "bristles," and she showed us how we were supposed to gently wipe this along the teeth and gums. It was like a joke, and I can't imagine it making any difference.

Is that for real?
We had a sweat Corgi that didn't like us to touch his teeth. He built up tartar very quickly and that meant large vet bills. As he got older there were health problems some associated with his teeth. Plus his mouth didn't smell so great at times.

If we ever get another dog I'll learn how to gently brush once in awhile, every day is probably not required. There are brushing techniques that vets can discuss that don't involve tooth brushes. I think the trick is to introduce the brushing very carefully and gently.

We had a sweat Corgi that didn't like us to touch his teeth.
My wife brushes our dog's teeth occasionally -- maybe once a month -- and every week we give him a tooth-cleaning dog chew: C.E.T HEXtra, Premium Chews for Chlorhexidine for Dogs (from Amazon). It works to keep his teeth in good shape, according to our vet. The dog doesn't like the chews all that well, but if we pretend we're trying to get a chew away from him, and do some growling, he'll get interested enough to chew it up.

My wife brushes our dog's teeth occasionally -- maybe once a month -- and every week we give him a tooth-cleaning dog chew: C.E.T HEXtra, Premium Chews for Chlorhexidine for Dogs (from Amazon). It works to keep his teeth in good shape, according to our vet. The dog doesn't like the chews all that well, but if we pretend we're trying to get a chew away from him, and do some growling, he'll get interested enough to chew it up.
Cute story! Our Corgi had digestive problems with the CET's. We tried a lot of things. So that's why I'd urge others to consider light brushing. There are even finger cots that you can load with doggy toothpaste.

Drove down to the AL coast to visit my nephew and his wife. Enjoyed good BBQ from his restaurant and inhaled some good seafood. Never realized crude oil was such a good marinating sauce.;)

Looks like the oil did sink to the bottom of the gulf. I saw no trace of it on the beach. Did see some of BP's equipment.

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    555.4 KB · Views: 2
Drove down to the AL coast to visit my nephew and his wife. Enjoyed good BBQ from his restaurant and inhaled some good seafood. Never realized crude oil was such a good marinating sauce.;)

Looks like the oil did sink to the bottom of the gulf. I saw no trace of it on the beach. Did see some of BP's equipment.

My parents used to live in Gulf Shores, I spent some time there. Good to see the beaches are still white.

Is the sand really that white? That is awesome! So beautiful. Thanks for posting these photos.

Today is chill out day. I did some laundry folding, defrosted some baby back ribs and coated them with Dinosaur BBQ Red Rub dry marinade, and am now just sitting and surfing. :D

Tomorrow is a very special day. My fave Bostonian is returning from a week long visit with family. The ribs are for his Welcome Home (literally) dinner.
I'll get some potato salad from the deli. A big container of homemade sweet tea is all ready in the frig. He is bringing back Lemon Squares, a NE bakery specialty not available here in Noo Yawk.
It doesn't have to be July to be PICNIC TIME! :clap:

I may not be online until after Halloween, so be sure to be nice to all the INTERESTING monsters.

I do believe I just turned down a scam artist. A guy in his 30s dressed in jeans, sweatshirt and baseball cap, just rang my doorbell. There was no vehicle to be seen in my driveway.
I let the guy walk a safe distance away from the front door, then went downstairs and opened it just a little and yelled "Can I help you?" :cool:
My dog Bruno was barking his head off right by my side. This guy took one look at all 65 lbs of Shepherd and Golden Lab mix and I saw the fear in his eyes. :LOL:
He kinda stuttered out..."We're in the area today doing tree work and wanted to know if you wanted your hedges trimmed." I saw no tree rig truck, just a small SUV pulling along the road.

Begone, fools! :greetings10:

I'm OK. I know better than to open the door to a random walkup. It was kinda creepy though.
2.gif

Went to the dentist to have a cracked filling replaced. He said he was glad to have an easy routine job to do since everything else had been complicated.

Spent most of the day playing with Photoshop and some new portrait software. DW wasn't around to practice on so I was reduced to practicing on my photo.

Cool stuff. In five minutes I took off 25 years! Wish it was that easy in real life....

I'm OK. I know better than to open the door to a random walkup.
Well, you wouldn't need to let a tree trimmer into your house. In my neighborhood, this is the way it goes. While most of a crew is working in one yard, they'll have one guy canvas the other houses on the street, trying to find a few other jobs to fill out their day. And not just yards -- my neighbors across the street were having their roof re-done, and one of the guys walked over and asked me if I needed any roofing done. I did, and he took a look, gave me a quote of $400, which was much less than I had been quoted previously. We did the deal, and they did great work.

Finished winterizing my trailer. Workout at the Y, breakfest, coffee, collect the mail, nap, dinner of pepper steak made by DW.

I won free movie tickets as a prize for test driving a Toyota approximately 2 months ago. Tickets arrived in the mail yesterday and expire October 31. :( So, after a long day at work, I decided to go to the movies. Nothing that I really wanted to see, but chose The Social Network. For some strange reason I went into the wrong cinema and didn't realize until the movie had gotten underway that this was probably not The Social Network. And the title didn't appear till the end. It started with a newborn baby :) and it seemed to be a nice suburban drama until......WHAM! odd things started to happen. It was Paranormal Activity 2. Ordinarily I would never choose to see a horror movie. But I stuck with it, on the edge of my seat......you could have heard a pin drop as people waited for the next violent event. I am not telling you the story. But it's s.c.a.r.y......:hide:

Happy Halloween!

I am going to New York City this weekend to visit a old friend of my now-deceased parents. I will take her for a walk around the city to look at people in Halloween costumes. And then off to a lovely dinner some place (too many to choose from!). Then on Sunday morning, go for a nice easy run in Central Park, Dimsum in Chinatown, then back to Wash DC suburbs where I live. Weather promises to be sunny and in the 60s. Should be wonderful! Happy Halloween to ALL!

Did laundry and put on line.
Crocked a chicken.
Voted.

Haircut early this morning, put up more wood siding on my new workshop this afternoon. Frozen pizaa in the oven, had a glass of wine and soaked in the hot tub for 30 minutes and it's only 6 pm. Life is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom