what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: You mean playing with Photoshop and the motorcycle are not chores? This is an alien concept....
Well, maybe it is for you...just be sure if the missus has a fryin' pan in her hand, she's fixin' breakfast...:D

Turkey Wars of 2010. :)
I'm thinkin' of settin' up a bowling alley in my hallway...:greetings10:

DW and I had lunch at one of our favorite Mexican places with a buy one get one free coupon. They also have a promotion and are giving away a $5 gift card (that we applied to today's meal) when you purchase a $25 gift card (which we will use in the future with the rest of our coupons). So the net outlay for two huge enchilada dinners plus $3 tip today was $5.80.:)

Took DW to lunch at our favorite mom & pop Chinese restaurant, where we have been regulars since they opened 11 years ago. I drove my pickup so we could drop off a load of [-]junk[/-] goodies to Goodwill on the way.

When the restaurant owners noticed we were in the truck they got excited and asked for a favor. Seems they'd just purchased a 55" HDTV for the restaurant and needed a way to pick it up. The place they purchased it from - located half a mile down the road - wanted $60 to deliver it which they thought was outrageous. It took 15 minutes drive "pop" down the street, load up the TV, and help him get it into the restaurant. (I learned he's a huge Cowboys and Spurs fan and thinks the TV will [-]improve his morale[/-] help bring in customers.) He said he'd hired someone to mount it for him. I asked when it was scheduled and with a big grin he said, "He should be here in a few minutes!" :)

Lunch, along with a couple of extra orders of take home, was free.

We went to see " Wall Street " The money never sleeps . It had finally come to our discount movie theater so tickets are $2.00 . Good movie with a few slow spots but I really enjoyed it . We then went to a local pub for a drink and some appetizers . Tomorrow is packing day for our Philadelphia trip.

Took DW to lunch at our favorite mom & pop Chinese restaurant, where we have been regulars since they opened 11 years ago. I drove my pickup so we could drop off a load of [-]junk[/-] goodies to Goodwill on the way.

When the restaurant owners noticed we were the truck they got excited and asked for a favor. Seems they'd just purchased a 55" HDTV for the restaurant and needed a way to pick it up. The place they purchased it from - located half a mile down the road - wanted $60 to deliver it which they thought was outrageous. It took 15 minutes drive "pop" down the street, load up the TV, and help him get it into the restaurant. (I learned he's a huge Cowboys and Spurs fan and thinks the TV will [-]improve his morale[/-] help bring in customers.) He said he'd hired someone to mount it for him. I asked when it was scheduled and with a big grin he said, "He should be here in a few minutes!" :)

What a great story! It sure brought a smile to my face. :D

Loving all these deals people are sharing. It's great as always to be around like-minded folks!

I've been growing more muscle for the qualifiers of our black belt test. During this morning's workout I finally hit 100 pushups in two minutes. Now if I can keep that up for another week I'll be ready to try it out at the dojang. After that I can revert to [-]surfing[/-] maintenance pushups on the StrengthBuilder while I shift focus to getting to 100 situps in two minutes.

Did a lot of writing today. Thanks to everyone who's visited the book's blog! Traffic's been building steadily-- last week had over 250 hits, including a 101-hit day. Apparently I need to write more about medical/dental issues. The week after Thanksgiving will have posts about the Reserves and National Guard, so I'll add paragraphs about Tricare Reserve Select and Tricare Retired Reserve.

TurboTax 2010 is out this week, so I downloaded a copy that I'll start filling out for a Roth IRA conversion. That probably should get done in the next two weeks-- before everyone rushes their brokerages.

Good-looking surf forecast tomorrow & Tuesday. I'm thinking North Shore at Pua'ena or Chun's Reef.

When the restaurant owners noticed we were in the truck they got excited and asked for a favor.
So what I'm reading here is "Will work for food"?

I drove into Pittsburgh for a matinee performance of "Lucia di Lammermoor". I liked it, but I can't say it is destined to be a favorite (I'm a newcomer to opera and I prefer the more popular ones...kinda like how someone new to wine likes the light sweet ones). I also prefer it when everyone doesn't die. "Lucia" is a plum for a soprano, though. From what I have read, Joan Sutherland owned the role, followed by Callas.

Good-looking surf forecast tomorrow & Tuesday. I'm thinking North Shore at Pua'ena or Chun's Reef.

I love it when you tell us where you surf. Most of the places you have named in this post and others, are places I had long forgotten - - places where one of my surfer boyfriends used to surf back in the 1960's. Then he broke his leg wiping out on a huge wave at Waimea which put an end to his surfing for a while. Served him right for surfing drunk! :2funny:

Last edited:
We went to the Legion today for NASCAR :nonono: (sorry kids ;)) and Patriots football. Pats won :clap:. Drank beer, ate nachos, saw lots of local friends, and ended up spending almost 8 hours there. Never got drunk, just a nice mellow buzz. :whistle:
Watching the NY Giants and Philly Eagles right now. Well, at least one of us is seriously watching the game. Go spandex! :LOL:

Then he broke his leg wiping out on a huge wave at Waimea which put an end to his surfing for a while. Served him right for surfing drunk! :2funny:
Whoa-- he's lucky he found the surface.

IIRC the beach wasn't guarded back then. Good thing because one of the Aikau brothers would've dragged him out of the water... and then beat the crap out of him.

You might not have heard that there's a bypass highway around Haleiwa now, so you can come right down the hill and buzz by the back of the town at 50 MPH. It rejoins Kam Hwy right by Haleiwa Beach Park and Pua'ena. I like Pua'ena a lot since it's so convenient, but it doesn't come up very well in the early mornings. I'm still experimenting with the time and the conditions, and it only takes a few minutes to check it out.

I haven't surfed Chun's before, and it's usually pretty crowded, but I want to take a look. It's close to Pua'ena and the road is still pretty clear.

They're doing a lot of roadwork up by Pupukea, so anything beyond that (like Sunset & Kammies) is taking a chance with traffic.

How's that for a short tour?: Franko's Maps

Wow, there have been a lot of changes! I hate to even think how crowded the North Shore must be by now. (shudder) It was pretty crowded when the big waves were breaking at Waimea or Sunset back in the 60's.

His friends and other surfers who knew him up there rescued him and pulled him out. No more surfing that winter. :LOL:

Last edited:
Today is pro bono publico legal work. Fire safety for children sleeping overnight on a ship.

Today is road trip prep day. Got my little checklist of things to do like turn off feeds to washing machine, water plants, pack, call security system company, get half moon cookies to bring to MA folks, board doggies, whew! I'm tired just typing it out. :LOL:

Have a Happy Thanksgiving. :greetings10:

PS I may or may not log on while on the road trip. I like to go analog (stay offline) while out of town. :)

Prepared the car for it's two year emissions test and it failed misserably and I'm pissed! I thought the car was running great with no codes stored and..................well I'm still pissed.

This is going to be a baaaaaaad week.

Prepared the car for it's two year emissions test and it failed misserably and I'm pissed! I thought the car was running great with no codes stored and..................well I'm still pissed.

This is going to be a baaaaaaad week.
Sorry about your vehicle woes...oh my...:(

If it makes you feel any better, I'm going out of town tomorrow and will spend the night with my SIL. Last count, there will be 7 dogs and 1 cat in the house. ...and yeah, they all like to sit on my lap...all at the same time. :p

...need to add, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, are able to experience moments of love...and hold those sweet memories in your heart...:)

I love this time of year. A couple of pics from today's hike.

On the way home I stopped by a fish and chips place. When I drove up to the window, the clerk said "senior citizen?" I said I'm a 3 years short of 60 and she said close enough. I had the original correct change in my hand so as I attempted to make new change with the adjusted price, she said "oh let me help your with that" in one of those tones people use when trying to help some 90 year old person. :( I didn't know whether to punch her out or laugh.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
One of the many cliffs of my coastal village. Bad pic from a bad photographer taken via cell phone.A stop off in my daily cycling.

Attachments

• Faro1[1].jpg
    Faro1[1].jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 5
View from our balcony. Current temp 71 with 81% humidity. Going to new beach restaurant for lunch.

Attachments

• CIMG0127.jpg
    CIMG0127.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 2
A couple more. Now that at long last remembered how to do this stuff:blush:.
Again, my apologies for the poor quality of the pics:blush:

Attachments

• Rocas1[1].jpg
    Rocas1[1].jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Rocas2[1].jpg
    Rocas2[1].jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom