what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I slid around walking to Trader Joe's this morning, then this afternoon rode a bus downtown to look at an investment book at Borders or B&N. Both had had only one copy, and sold it. Not worth it for me to get into my car, so it will have to wait. Downtown sidewalks were much easier to navigate, so I had a nice coffee and passed the time a little. Marine air is coming in and it's warming up, but I already miss the sunshine and crisp air. Overnight it got down around 14-15 F.

Ha

Bought custom-cut turkey and other stuff from local farmer; bought cat food. Got done ahead of rain.

...need to add, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, are able to experience moments of love...and hold those sweet memories in your heart...:)
Thanks bbbam, although it's not Thanksgiving here. By the way, you into your second bottle of wine again?

Today was cleaning day, since Lena's cousin from Sweden will come tomorrow for Thanksgiving (along with his Singaporean wife). We did extra thorough cleaning, and I also did some fix up of things around the house. I knocked a picture down while dusting, so I had to reglue the frame and superglue the glass.

Got some good practice time in also. Because of some comments by Haha, I'm working on my blindfolded playing. It's challenging.

It's feeling a lot like the holidays around here. I think its mostly the fact that it's pitch black (outside) by dinner time.

Egg nog: 1 cup heavy whipping cream and 1 tsp of this. Priceless.

Sorry friends....but I can´t help but showing all of you a view of my village.
Happy Thanksgivings Day for all!

Attachments

• La_Cova_1[1].jpg
    La_Cova_1[1].jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 8
And..... our shamefully neglected 12th century chapel, that can only be visited when the tide is at its lowest. Of course it hasn´t the glamour of St Michelle....:cool:

Attachments

• Ermita_1[1].jpg
    Ermita_1[1].jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Ermita_2[1].jpg
    Ermita_2[1].jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 2
Fabulous pictures, Vicente. Muchas gracias. :flowers:

I woke up today to the smell of something fabulous cooking next door at Mr. Boston's cousin's daughter's house. We are collectively forbidden to enter the kitchen while the magic is being made.

Watching the Macy's Day Parade right now. Great entertainers and costumes and good clean American fun. I was never able to attend the parade live when I grew up 35 miles north of NYC, so it has been a tradition for me to watch it on TV every year. :D

The Rockettes will be appearing later in the program. I saw them live at several Christmas shows at Radio City Music Hall when I was a child.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Yesterday, 11/24, I had lunch with a wonderful gang of military folks that were about a month away from going to Afghan. The Thanksgiving meal of carved beef, turkey, game hens, pork, shrimp, and all the fixins was a brief respite from the future war issues that the folks were thinking about.

Sorry friends....but I can´t help but showing all of you a view of my village.
Happy Thanksgivings Day for all!

Dang it, Vicente, now we're all going to have to come see your beautiful country for ourselves--you are NOT helping me LBYM with those gorgeous photos of what we are missing! But keep posting them as they are stunning.

Happy Thanksgiving back at you.

Bestwifeever: Very kind words. Even so, I´ll have to be careful and not overdo it.
The truth is that mine are the worst pics shown around here in all senses:blush:.
I hope my pics aren´t the main reason for you people to visit Galicia, Spain:LOL:!

Yesterday, 11/24, I had lunch with a wonderful gang of military folks that were about a month away from going to Afghan. The Thanksgiving meal of carved beef, turkey, game hens, pork, shrimp, and all the fixins was a brief respite from the future war issues that the folks were thinking about.

I wish all the troops there the very best, and a soon return home, safe and sound. We have Spanish soldiers there, too.

Bestwifeever: Very kind words. Even so, I´ll have to be careful and not overdo it.
The truth is that mine are the worst pics shown around here in all senses:blush:.
I hope my pics aren´t the main reason for you people to visit Galicia, Spain:LOL:!

No, but a free place to stay would be.;) Nice pics.

Well yesterday was a good day. Lot's of good food and family from out of town. Best part, they all left last night.:tongue: One of my nephews brought his new rottweiler pup. My mutt and his had a good time playing.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
I think it only fair that I point out those pretty red clouds are man-made - a byproduct of the mercury-laden pollution created by three coal-burning power plants generating power for the city of San Antonio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom