what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry Brewer and simple girl...:( Our hearts enable us to feel compassion and love....that's the only way a broken heart can mend. It's a cycle...

I filed my taxes. I'm a little bummed . . . Each year I am usually within $500-600 of what I owe one way or the other. This year I am getting thousands back. I just gave a free loan to the government last year! Now that I have the time I will make sure that doesn't happen again.

Also went out to a gourmet food pop-up market and picked up some locally made goodies. New Taste Marketplace. We have these local vendor events 1-2x per month and it is a great place to get one-of-kind foods. They serve as incubators for budding food entrepreneurs. It helps to be on the right email lists to get notification of dates and places.

I did our taxes today for the first time in 30 years without an accountant. I'm stunned how easy it is with Turbotax. Then I brewed a batch of Irish Red Ale. My sympathies as well to Brewer and Simple Girl - it's tough to get over a pet's illness and eventual passing.

I did our taxes today for the first time in 30 years without an accountant. I'm stunned how easy it is with Turbotax. Then I brewed a batch of Irish Red Ale.
Likely you'd have been even more amazed had you done the brewing first. :)

My sympathies as well to Brewer and Simple Girl - it's tough to get over a pet's illness and eventual passing.

We lost one of our dogs a couple of months ago. Hurts like hell.

So sorry to hear about your pets, Brewer, Simple Girl and REWahoo.

I met a friend who still works at my old place of work. We had lunch out, Roasted Vegetable Sandwich and Sweet Potato Fries. Yummy. Then we went to a Home Show and to Sam's Club. It was a beautiful day today. The sun was actually shining!!!

Came home and watched some TV, skyped with DH and DD's family. I miss my granddaughter so much and I am so happy that I can skype with her, but I want to hold her and kiss her. I know, I should be satisfied with being able to see her.

We woke up to snow again. It is merely a dusting vs the lake effect mess.

Mr B's desktop is alive and kicking. The problem was a corruption of one of the file directories. He is backing up all of his user files to a network drive we have on deck for this very reason. My guess is his computer will fail again. He will keep running it until it croaks completely. He's cheaper than I am. :LOL:

I'm watching Naked Gun 33 1/3 on the Comedy Channel. Leslie Nielsen is wrestling Raquel Welch for the Academy Award envelope. :ROFLMAO:

We're spending a couple weeks in Texas Hill Country before we start traveling west. This is one of our favorite places in the country- except in the summer.

We have tried 3 BBQ places so far- Blacks, Coopers and Salt Lick. We rode the motorcycle to Salt Lick yesterday, and met 2 friends of DW's son that are going to Paris in a few days. We gave them a few tips on travel there, and several must-sees.

We rode back through Wimberly, Blanco and New Braunfels. Got tired of waving to all the other motorcycles.

Day off today. Maybe a few small fix-it projects.

Just finished shoveling snow. We had a small blizzard go through here on Friday night, not much snow but wind gusts over 45mph. Yesterday the wind was still blowing a steady 30 mph so I never left the house. Now the snow is shoveled it's on to laundry and tax prep.

Cleaned the house.
I really dislike housework.

Just finished shoveling snow. We had a small blizzard go through here on Friday night, not much snow but wind gusts over 45mph. Yesterday the wind was still blowing a steady 30 mph so I never left the house. Now the snow is shoveled it's on to laundry and tax prep.

Are we twins as well as neighbours? You have described my weekend exactly. The only difference is that I was a passenger in a plane landing during the Friday night blizzard. It was "interesting" enough that a man sitting opposite me went quite green!

I'm just hoping that was the last blizzard of the season, the forecast looks good but we shall see.

Got together with 4 friends where we all went through grade school & high school together. Grilled some T-bones, had a few cold ones, played some Texas Hold'em while catching up with one another.

Poker buy-in: $20
6666's: Priceless
:cool:

We will get maybe another couple of weeks and that is it. Its hard not to feel like my heart is breaking.

Went through similar situation with my four legged furry child (almost 10 yrs old at the time) back in 2004. Still feels like last week some days. At the parade yesterday, I got some great mutual puppy love from strange dogs! All were happy with tails wagging, rump/shoulder scratches and kisses! Their people did not seem to mind - their loved ones were getting wonderful attention!

My heart goes out to you Brewer (and your family)

Came home from taking care of my Dad. I think the only good thing about leaving Hawaii is the way it makes you feel when you come back.

I'm still catching up on sleep and I might've burned myself out a little. Lots more to do for my Dad on the legal and possessions aspects, but he's being well cared for in the skilled nursing facility. He feels happy anyway.

http://www.early-retirement.org/for...daughter-about-grandpa-55196.html#post1047196

A few days ago W2R posted how the weather was creating havoc for parade goers. Well we had good weather in Wilmington, NC for the St. Patrick's Day parade. BUT:
It was held on Saturday (not St. Paddy's Day) and there was no traffic control. Cars were not diverted. The marchers just sort of staggered out of the way, then regrouped. I wondered what planet I was on, and if I had a camera would it work here?:uglystupid::police::uglystupid::police: :uglystupid:

I got up at 4 AM with Mr B to see him off to Albany for "Hill Day" (as in state capitol hill). He forgot his Legionnaire hat, but I wasn't about to jump in my car in a bathrobe :nonono: and try to catch up with him at the carpool meeting point.
I went bad to back and slept in until 1 PM. Lazy lazy lazy :blush:
It is sunny and 46F today. Ground is still snow covered but I am seeing more and more bare ground at the edges of the driveway and around the base of the trees. Spring is in the air. The lilac buds are getting a bit bigger and I am hearing different bird songs (migrating back north).
I'm headed to Cazenovia for the afternoon to visit a friend.
ROAD TRIP! :clap:So nice to be able to drive without being glued to the weather forecast.

No mooses or gooses found here...:whistle:

I goofed all ALL morning...:LOL:. I deserve that after completing my tax returns last week and re-executing my Trust-Will-HCP-Durable PoA-Schedule of Assets package earlier this week.

Well...OK...I did two loads of laundry. We had rain all day, added to already melting snow. :clap: This means my back yard will be deeply saturated, which means my leach field will not function as well, which means I have to limit washing machine water output for several days until natural ground water drainage puts the septic system process back to business as usual. Toilet and shower water usage is not an issue unless I host a really huge party. ;)

Ah...the joys of country living. :blush:

Maybe you can wash your clothes in the "See-ment Pond"??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom