what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good weather today, ran some errands in anticipation of 8 inches of snow in next 2 days.

Pretty good weather today, ran some errands in anticipation of 8 inches of snow in next 2 days.

8 inches? The DC area is already freaking out over the prospect of up to 3 inches of snow:eek:

It was a good brain stretching day...
I learned a lot about Windows Movie Maker.
I tried out my new Nintendo DS game, TouchMaster, racked up some serious game points on 8 different games. :clap:
I made chicken tortilla soup.
I listened to a former cow*rker rant :mad: about the ol' funny farm and managed not to interrupt. :-X She's been retired for 4 years now and can't seem to let it go. That just about wore me out. :nonono: Listening well was my good deed for the day.
Time for a very tired Freebird to hit the hay...:blink:

I lived in DC (on the Beltway); bunch of flatlanders.
There was an opening there I could have applied for last year. I thought about it. Pay raise and most moving expenses, or just stay here, LBYM, and ER in November? Chose the latter as better aligned with my own personal goals.

Besides, Frank is here.:smitten:

Caught up on some calls.
Did laundry, dishes, cleaning, and put stuff away.
Have a meeting later at work and then an aa meeting.

Go back to work tomorrow....I love having four days off a week!

I did today what I've been doing for the past couple of weeks....Enjoying Life!

I've taken some time off the 'net for the last couple of weeks, as I'd been spending waaaaay too much time surfin'.....and in doing so I've reconnected with several old friends, and have been spending some time with them. I've also been spending a lot of time pursuing my hobbies, and have gotten a lot of stuff accomplished that I wanted to get done.

I attended a couple of U of I Extension seminars, and have signed up for about a dozen more that are coming up. I've also purchased most of the seeds for this years gardens and containers, and have been getting my game plan together for the soon coming planting season!!! Now I'm getting things ready for my upcoming trip to Florida in less than 2 weeks! How time flies!!! As soon as I get back from there, I'll be starting flats of seeds for the garden.

And so, since I've spent too much time surfin', and not nearly enough time really living....I've decided that it's time to say "so long". This may well be my last post, so everyone take care, and live life to it's fullest! Life is too short....DON'T squander it away!!! Live Life!!!

So Long!!! :greetings10:

Attachments

• Enjoy_Life.jpg
    Enjoy_Life.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 154
Goonie, say it isn't so! At least pop in and let us know what you're up to from time to time. Regardless of what you decide, hope you enjoy life to the fullest!

R

Oh no! Goonie, don't go!! At least take ten minutes every few weeks to peek in and let us know how life is treating you. :-[

Glad to hear your ER is turning out so nicely. You have given me a lot of hope for my upcoming retirement. I hope you experience the best life has to offer.

Goonie , Just take a little break but do not leave . I enjoy hearing about all your travels .

Goonie, I know how it can be addicting to sit on the net and cruise around. Please, stop in once in a while and report on your adventures.

Goonie, didn't you spend your w*rking life at a sewer treatment plant? Yet you're unable/unwilling to hang around this place?

I'm not sure if we should view that as an insult or a compliment...:cool:

I did today what I've been doing for the past couple of weeks....Enjoying Life!

I've taken some time off the 'net for the last couple of weeks, as I'd been spending waaaaay too much time surfin'.....and in doing so I've reconnected with several old friends, and have been spending some time with them. I've also been spending a lot of time pursuing my hobbies, and have gotten a lot of stuff accomplished that I wanted to get done.

I attended a couple of U of I Extension seminars, and have signed up for about a dozen more that are coming up. I've also purchased most of the seeds for this years gardens and containers, and have been getting my game plan together for the soon coming planting season!!! Now I'm getting things ready for my upcoming trip to Florida in less than 2 weeks! How time flies!!! As soon as I get back from there, I'll be starting flats of seeds for the garden.

And so, since I've spent too much time surfin', and not nearly enough time really living....I've decided that it's time to say "so long". This may well be my last post, so everyone take care, and live life to it's fullest! Life is too short....DON'T squander it away!!! Live Life!!!

So Long!!! :greetings10:

Outstanding post. I'm concerned about too much internet time during retirement, too -

Having pizza for lunch.
Doing some things around the house.
Getting in some trouble later on tonight :)

Goonie, Help Us! Don't leave us here. Tell us how to get away!

And so, since I've spent too much time surfin', and not nearly enough time really living....I've decided that it's time to say "so long".

Am I missing something? I've noticed more than one member who feels that this forum is an all or nothing proposition. Is there a reason that a person cannot, for example, read the posts here a couple times a week and post occasionally? Seriously, I feel that there is some underlying phenomenon of which I am unaware. Why is it necessary to say goodbye and not spend any time here at all? Is it a strategy to overcome addiction? An excuse to leave? What? I have noticed that some prolific posters must spend inordinate amounts of time here and I can understand why they might want to cut down. I don't understand saying goodbye and leaving entirely. Are occasional posters looked down upon? This is a serious inquiry and answers will be appreciated. BTW, Goonie, you are/were one of my favorite posters. Thanks for replies from you or anyone else.

Are occasional posters looked down upon? This is a serious inquiry and answers will be appreciated. BTW, Goonie, you are/were one of my favorite posters. Thanks for replies from you or anyone else.
IMHO, no.

As far as leaving and not coming back...well to each his/her own. My bp sometimes goes up in regards to some of the posts on this forum, however I find most posts informative, sincere and entertaining. I'm not an all or nothin' kind of woman...middle of the road suits me just fine. :)

Is there a reason that a person cannot, for example, read the posts here a couple times a week and post occasionally? Seriously

Yes. I don't know what the reason is, but it's just like an alcoholic having one drink.

What I did/am doing today:
1. Played ball with my dog.
2. Played with firecalc, wondering if I could still use my last year's RE plan after a 24% drop in the first year of RE.....
3. Watching football.

No way it can be goodbye, Goonie. If necessary, we will quote some of your cheerful posts. I'd love to see you post occasionally to let us know about your continuing story. If that triggers addiction, maybe PM someone to relay your news. Never say goodbye, please.

....Now I'm getting things ready for my upcoming trip to Florida in less than 2 weeks! How time flies!!! As soon as I get back from there, I'll be starting flats of seeds for the garden....

Goonie, just consider E-R.org your winter home after the snow flies but before you leave for Florida and spring comes upon your return. See you next December if not before? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom