what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rode my age (58 - required within a month of one's birthday) on this warm native-american-summer day.

I met up with one of my former bosses for breakfast. She migrated to Toronto many years ago and is visiting for the month. I think she is in her sixties but she said she still can't afford to ER. She told me how good the medical care in Canada is. After breakfast, did some shopping for ingredients for dinner, went to the gym and then cooked curry vegetables which turned out to be splendid and well accompanied by a bottle of red wine.

Today is an indoor activity day due to over an inch of rain forecast this afternoon.
I still have taping and furniture rearranging to do for the next segment of the living room painting project.
My mini greenhouse and grow lights showed up yesterday, so I will get those unpacked and set up. Then I plan to round up some smaller containers and get seeds planted, borrowing some of the soil-less mix from my Earthboxes. :flowers:
Mr B has his last midterm test today and then goes back to class tonight. He is keeping up with homew*rk for all 4 courses is spite of having to study for 3 tests. Amazing! :cool:

Last edited:
Got the last of 3 new doors put on the house, complete with senior citizen handles. Keyed alike.

No more fighting with sticking wood doors. Metal clad, perfect smooth open and close. Ahhhh.

Saw the neighbor's German Shepherd freely roaming the neighborhood this morning. Wasn't really sure it belonged to my neighbor but decided to go check it out. Grabbed a leash and took off on foot hunting for a hugh German Shepherd. Found her about 1.5 blocks away and called her name. Yep...it was my neighbor's dog as she came bounding straight at me.:eek: After regaining my balance (and laughing the whole time) I got her on the leash. Then she pulled me back home chomping at the leash the entire time. Neighbor's back yard gate was padlocked so I secured her to my fence with my dog's outdoor cable.

I then went inside to call the neighbor at work but that didn't work for me. So, I got in my car and drove a few blocks to the school where my neighbor works. She was able to come right home and put the dog inside.

Now, looking back at all this... I was in a most unflattering outfit this morning, while on the computer gazing out my window, when I saw the dog. I ran around the neighborhood and into the school in this outfit. Ratty old hoodie sweatshirt (probably 15 years old) old cutoff sweatpants...AND NO UNDERWEAR! It was an emergency, I was after a dog!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Farmers' Market today.
Practiced using smartphone; think I'm getting the hang of it.
Does ERorg have an android app?

Farmers' Market today.
Practiced using smartphone; think I'm getting the hang of it.
Does ERorg have an android app?
Yes there is a very nice app for android. Search the market for early-retirement.

The link to the app is in the right column.

Yesterday was raining all day (again) so it was a good day to spend post processing the photos from last weekend's wedding.

Rain forecast for the next 2 days has me hustling on the final stage of the living room paint job.

Taping window and wood trim...done
Furniture rearranged and covered with plastic dropcloths...done
Hardwood floor covered with old shower curtains..done
Metal baseboard heater covers spray painted white...done

Next is getting the roller and small paintbrush out and finishing the job. Windows are wide open, small fans blowing, tunes are playing and I'm ready to rock. :dance:

UPDATE: Coat number 1 done. The straight walls are easy. It's that @#!* trim w*rk that takes so darn long. :(

Last edited:
Here's a screenshot of this thread as I see it. We are about halfway down the page. Over on the right, you can see a panel with "DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP" That's it. I hope this helps, Khan. :)

Last edited:
Got up around 10 a.m., showered then went shopping. Bought a $4 black and white checkered table cloth. Joined a new forum.

Ahhhhh...a busy day indeed! :D

Here's a screenshot of this thread as I see it. We are about halfway down the page. Over on the right, you can see a panel with "DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP" That's it. I hope this helps, Khan. :)

Depending on their settings, people may or may not see a right column.

To change the setting, go to "user CP" at the top of this page and choose "Edit your details". Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will have the option to turn on/off the right column.

Slept in late on a rainy chilly day...

I decided my leg/arm/back muscles hurt too much from last night's table bussing adventure to do anything physical. A record number of dinners were served at the club last night. 5 waitresses could barely keep up with orders and delivering food. Yours truly was zipping around non-stop for over 4 hours, collecting dishes, cleaning and resetting tables. TG there were 2 other on-the-spot volunteers to help me out. Whew!

So today I put on my nice cozy flannel bathrobe, surfed, and made Buffalo chicken and bleu cheese dressing sandwiches with queen olives on the side, for lunch.

I'm killing time until I have to motivate (shower and dress up) for a formal dinner, a "must attend" for Mr B, at a local Legion tonight.
The speeches may be long :(, but the dinner tickets are free :dance:.

Depending on their settings, people may or may not see a right column.

To change the setting, go to "user CP" at the top of this page and choose "Edit your details". Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will have the option to turn on/off the right column.

I now have a right column, I see nothing about an app.

Up at 7. Wife up at 8.
Watched TV, surfed the net some.
Went to early lunch with wife @ 10:45 (BBQ joint in Bossier City, LA).
Movies (The Big Year)
Chocolate Shake (Sonic)
Shopping for groceries at the commissary
Home sweet home.
Wife just got back from getting her hair done, now is making Tacos
Couch potato at the moment...

Last edited:
Do a search on your smartphone's app site for early-retirement and the mobile app should appear in the search results. Then download it via your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom