what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drove 440 miles today. Listened to scary stuff on public radio. Tomorrow the iPod.

I wonder if the sunblock I'm using is making my eyes water?

Probably. In my case, sunblock or any type of skin cream + heat = extreme tearing. I take care to leave a free zone around my eyes and wear wraparound sunglasses.

An abhorrence of paperwork combined with a tendency to drop such into a pile to look at 'later'.

Party of the reason for the housekeeper is to browbeat/nag me into doing stuff (and assisting).

I see we have something in common!!! I HATE paperwork.....

watered my cactus (doesn't happen everyday), sent a check to vanguard (ditto) and after 3 years finally registered with ER.org

I'm ready to hit the hay....

Probably. In my case, sunblock or any type of skin cream + heat = extreme tearing. I take care to leave a free zone around my eyes and wear wraparound sunglasses.

I don't have to worry about sunblock today. Snow on the ground this morning.:eek: Won't last long, suppose to get up to 47.

Edit: Maybe I will need sunblock today. 50 minutes later, the sun is out and the snow gone.

Last edited:
Snow on the ground this morning.:eek:

Still snowing over this way -- only the second snow that I can remember in my almost 14 years here! The pup seemed to enjoy the snow on our walk this morning. Of course, he could care less if it is pouring rain either so we go rain or shine at around 6:30 every morning.

I was in the mood for comfort food - homemade macaroni and cheese and hot dogs for lunch. I rationalized that by remembering I didn't go to my usual chinese buffet lunch this week. :whistle:
Helped dh2b with his taxes. :mad:
Read some fun articles at MSN.com about celebrities' plastic surgery, NYS soda taxes aka "fat tax", wedding planning, all sorts of fluff. :LOL:

Drove 440 miles today. Listened to scary stuff on public radio. Tomorrow the iPod.

Where are you headed, Martha? I love to hear the stories of RVers since I want to do some part time RVing with DW when we finally FIRE...if we can ever FIRE.

R

Yesterday took the dogs for several daily walks along the beach. Went into the park and watched a large group of girls dancing to a group of percussionists doing a tribal type thing. After a short time both dogs are on their backs squirming to the beat.!

Walked down to the Waikiki Shell later and listened to the Jimmy Buffet concert. Tonite taking the dogs and snacks down and will listen to the Steve Miller Band.

This morning was awaken by gunshots!! Looked out the window to see blue flashing motorcycle lights being chased by a large group of women! 10K race. There's something always going on in Waikiki.

Where are you headed, Martha? I love to hear the stories of RVers since I want to do some part time RVing with DW when we finally FIRE...if we can ever FIRE.

R

Headed to Mission Texas for some birding. Today, I drove another 400 plus miles and am sitting in a state park in Oklahoma.

It is nice to be on the road and watching the snow disappear.

Yesterday my daughter and I passed the first part of our taekwondo black belt test-- in just over six hours. Despite two water bottles and a food break I still managed to lose three pounds. Today I'm not as sore as I expected to be, perhaps because I started yesterday afternoon with 800 mg of ibuprofen and chugged another 1200 over the next eight hours around the test. But I don't have any endurance and when I sit down I'm not much interested in getting back up...

The second/final part is next Sunday, and that's pretty much just a public demonstration with the belts awarded afterward. Videos, pictures, and high-fives to follow.

Elapsed training time: five years
Tuition, clinics, camps, tournaments, uniforms, travel expenses: $11,500.87 for two
Orthopedic knee braces: $1697.50
Black belts & father-daughter photos: priceless!

Headed to Mission Texas for some birding. Today, I drove another 400 plus miles and am sitting in a state park in Oklahoma.

It is nice to be on the road and watching the snow disappear.

Thanks, sounds like a load of fun!

So what did I do today? Sat at (am sitting at) the PC at work, having lunch, and dreaming of FIRE. Same ol', same ol'...

R

Yesterday my daughter and I passed the first part of our taekwondo black belt test--

The second/final part is next Sunday, and that's pretty much just a public demonstration with the belts awarded afterward. Videos, pictures, and high-fives to follow.
Congratulations Nords. And to your daughter.
The "real test" as you noted is done. Looks like well deserved.

Yesterday my daughter and I passed the first part of our taekwondo black belt test-- in just over six hours.

Tuition, clinics, camps, tournaments, uniforms, travel expenses: $11,500.87 for two

Congratulations , Please post a picture !

Yesterday my daughter and I passed the first part of our taekwondo black belt test-- in just over six hours. Despite two water bottles and a food break I still managed to lose three pounds. Today I'm not as sore as I expected to be, perhaps because I started yesterday afternoon with 800 mg of ibuprofen and chugged another 1200 over the next eight hours around the test. But I don't have any endurance and when I sit down I'm not much interested in getting back up...

Sweet!!! My son is testing for his brown in 3 months, I think he is ready. He has been in tae kwon do for 4 years, but he has trouble regularly going when his sports are in session (basketball, baseball, football). Usually he has 5 weeks or so between sports, when he crams as many karate classes as he can in. He practices some at home, but has NO interest in tournaments, even though his forms are solid and he has wicked kicks.......

If he gets his black belt by 12, I'm good with it. He'll probably make it by 11..........:D

Congrats to you and your daughter, Nords. The memories will definitely be priceless!

I stepped into the shower after exercising at the gym. I was vigorously shaking a new bottle of shampoo when the bottle slipped from my fingers and hit the family jewels. You could hear my scream in the next county. We live in a dangerous world. :LOL:

Boy what a beautiful day today. Mid 60's and plenty of sun. Played golf and won money!! Will wear shorts tomorrow on the course as temps will be in the 70's. Stocks are up.......just a great day to be alive. :flowers:

Worked at the court, went to Target and bought some "paint" for my lips. Came home, checked the forum, took a nap and dreamed about Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs guy). Woke up, Mike wasn't here so I got out of bed and now I'm trying to figure out what to do the rest of the day.

Worked at the court, went to Target and bought some "paint" for my lips. Came home, checked the forum, took a nap and dreamed about Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs guy). Woke up, Mike wasn't here so I got out of bed and now I'm trying to figure out what to do the rest of the day.

Probably in this episode.

YouTube - Dirty Jobs - Turkey Explosions

Dawg54,

Congrats on the good golf day....and no banging the head against a brick wall. I hope there's more to come!

Dog

:LOL: No, not that one, but I can tell you some birds were involved.....:blush:

and dreamed about Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs guy).

Dirty job, bad job, whatever...

Bad Job.jpg

Went for an 80-mile motorcycle ride. Temps in the high 30's/low 40's, combined with heavy thermals, Tourmaster insulated riding gear, insulated boots/gloves with toe and hand warmers inside, I was surprisingly comfortable. Only my fingertips got cold, and a few minutes at at time holding them on the engine fins (with gloves on of course!) warmed them up.

So if in cold weather you see a motorcycle rider kneeling beside the bike with his hands on the engine, he's not Feeling The Force, doing a Vulcan Mind Meld, or praying. He's thawing out.

Didn't go anywhere in particular, still getting the feel of the bike and I'm almost comfortable on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom