what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still need to add one more part, care to guess which one? Need a hint? It's something very traditional in a machinist toolchest made by H Gerstner and Sons. They left this part out on some models in the past and customers were irate. :rant:
Beautiful work! Especially compared to my old Kennedy factory made tool chest.

Now, why isn't there a locking hasp in the middle?:D

Rained today. Met a buddy for lunch and he got the tab!:clap:But I got the tip. Later, got a haircut by the cutest girl. There went another tip. Then went to Big Lot's for a major purchase. Got a brand new watch for $5.35 including tax. Good to be cheap. :)

Plan to head to the club tonight for a couple meds and dinner with friends. Always fun to hear the weekly moaning and groaning from working friends. :blink:

...Always fun to hear the weekly moaning and groaning from working friends. :blink:
I get this every Wed at chinese buffet. One other lunch attendee is retired (not FIREd). The rest are still drawing the p*ycheck.
We two just sit there and grin at each other while the others grind their teeth over the ongoing silliness. :nonono: It's kind of a "reverse" reinforcement for us. :whistle:

Got up at 2 am.
Fought with cat. cat won
Ate breakfast, had cawfee and rolls
Clogged toilet
watched telly
went to gym, ran like rat on treadmill
had lunch
Now listening to wife about clogged toilet
watching telly

Jug

Another day of successfully avoiding doing anything resembling useful activity. To be continued. And for a good reminder.... don't do anything useful today that you can put off 'till tomorrow.

Broke down and finally joined the "Y"
Watched the snow finally starting to melt.
Uncle Honey, where are the metal corners?

Getting blasted by excellent music - a home theatre system complete with subwoofer finally found its way back to its rightful owner after almost 4 years of being held hostage. We are talking about some serious sound here. woooohoooooooo :)

Got up at 2 am.
Fought with cat. cat won
Ate breakfast, had cawfee and rolls
Clogged toilet
watched telly
went to gym, ran like rat on treadmill
had lunch
Now listening to wife about clogged toilet
watching telly

Jug

I used to take great pride in clogging toilets that the average plunger could not unclog. But I found one that will unclog a toilet on the first try. Simply insert in toilet, plunge repeatedly in a very fast motion and then, walla.........gone. Here is a picture of mine that duals as a hall light when not needed in the bathroom. Pretty charming, don't you think?:flowers:

FFCIAI7FOVWMYEP.MEDIUM.jpg

Made a list of things to do tomorrow before my guest arrives Sunday.
Made lasagna for dinner tonight.
Sketched my avatar.

I used to take great pride in clogging toilets that the average plunger could not unclog. But I found one that will unclog a toilet on the first try. Simply insert in toilet, plunge repeatedly in a very fast motion and then, walla.........gone. Here is a picture of mine that duals as a hall light when not needed in that bathroom. Pretty charming, don't you think?:flowers:

FFCIAI7FOVWMYEP.MEDIUM.jpg

Hey, that is really nice,
jug
:ROFLMAO:

I went out and bought a copy of TurboTax, because it's too late to get them to my accountant and get them in by 4/15. I'm going to try to do them myself now, although there are still a few complexities that make me uncomfortable. If I feel good about it after I'll stick with TT. If not, I'll pay what I come up with, get an extension, then send them in and let him do them and see what he comes up with.

We also put some rice paper window film in the bedroom/bathroom windows, since they are getting ready to start building the second floor on the house next door. Don't want to be responsible for some poor carpenter having a heart attack and falling off the ladder. :dead:

Did my taxes (thank you, Turbotax).

The bad news: I have to pay this year and I have to make estimated tax payments for the first time, in April, June, September, and January.

The good news: I made a lot more my investments than I had projected, even after subtracting the LTCG and taxes on both LTCG and dividends. So, l guess I will have more investment income than I thought in ER.

The bad news: ... I have to make estimated tax payments for the first time, in April, June, September, and January.

The good news: I made a lot more my investments than I had projected, even after subtracting the LTCG and taxes on both LTCG and dividends. So, l guess I will have more investment income than I thought in ER.

You'll have to forgive me if I don't seem too sympathetic to your "bad" news...:cool:

Found our retirement home property, 28+ acres in West Virginia, a bit more than we wanted to pay but about 6-7 acres of open area and the rest in woods, mix of level, sloped, and a couple of seasonal creeks- pretty exciting to finally find what looks to be the one! End of a cul de sac at about 1200 feet, near Romney, WV.

Went to the local lake, had a huge lunch, went to WallyWorld on a Saturday. :nonono:
Skipped dinner.
Home theatre system taken apart and all wires neatened up by dh2b while I surfed and researched which stock fund I want to resume DCA to.
Banana cream pie awaits for dessert if I can crowbar dh2b away from the testing of the component hookups. :rolleyes:

Got my latest project finished this morning. About six weeks of effort and a pile of walnut and maple (218 pieces of wood to be exact). Even hand made some of the solid brass hardware.

Beautiful chest Uncle.

My day was less productive, but fun nevertheless. Took a long walk around some of the neighborhoods on lower Capitol Hill. Quite different from up above. Reminds me a lot of student neighborhoods in Boston.

Ha

Talked to my sister who had just stimulated the economy by buying a 40 inch LCD HDTV. Suddenly remembered that I was going to do that this year if prices came down. Went to Ultimate Electronics and found exactly the one I wanted. 32-inch 1080 dpi Sony. Awesome picture! And for about $700, just the right price too. So I did my duty for the economy and handed over my Mastercard. :rolleyes: Hope I don't start watching more TV now.

Found our retirement home property, 28+ acres in West Virginia, a bit more than we wanted to pay but about 6-7 acres of open area and the rest in woods, mix of level, sloped, and a couple of seasonal creeks- pretty exciting to finally find what looks to be the one! End of a cul de sac at about 1200 feet, near Romney, WV.

That's a beautiful area. Be sure to take the Potomac Eagle Train ride (Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad - Where Eagles Fly!) when you get settled. Well worth the cost and an enjoyable day. Bring your own lunch, as the meals are pricey for what you get.

We're a bit more than an hour away from Romney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom