what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Pismo State Beach, got stuck in the sand, had to have a local in a big a** Blazer tow us out, and laughed all the way back to the porch and the pinot noir in Shell Beach.

More, please!

I was 24 hours away from moving the blog to Bluehost.

Then WordPress approved me for WordAds, 171 days after I'd applied for the program-- and as part of their once-a-month review/approval process, no less.

Call me cynical, but I wonder if they triggered on the blog using the keyword "Bluehost"... or if their bureaucracy really did happen to coincidentally approve the ads just in the nick of time.

Guess I'll stick around for a few more months and blog the comparison. But I still think more money can be made by a self-hosted WordPress blog than by WordAds.

This is a beta program, so please let me know what ads you see and whether they're objectionable. Federated Media doesn't have any military-specific focus, and they don't seem to be very oriented on women military spouses, either.

Great pictures ! What camera do you use ?

Nikon D7000 with two Nikon SB-900 flashes, one on the camera and the other on a nearby post that is part of the deck supporting structure. Both flashes had diffusion filters on them and were dialed up +2/3 exposure. It's kinda dark under there and not much contrast.

Next time I'll dial down the power of the on-camera flash to try to reduce that "flat light" look.

We had our 2005 Prius in for a stuck "coolant control valve". Luckily when the check-engine light came on a couple months ago, we were able to read the code with CarMD and research it on PriusChat.com. Turns out we could live with it until it was convenient to get it fixed... for $535 parts & labor.

The car also seems to have a leak in its A/C evaporator core. That's a hassle to replace because practically the entire engine has to be removed to get at the part, and it's an expensive part. But "luckily" the leak takes several months before it drains the refrigerant charge, so we might get another year or two out of it. Spouse loves the car so we're probably driving this one into the ground. Again I'm hoping that the PriusChat experts will have some suggestions on leak management.

I'm falling behind on the honey-dos. Our refrigerator icemaker has stopped working and I still have a microwave oven to fix (magnetron or capacitor). Hopefully I'll get on both of those this week.

Sounds good. Don't forget, your first offer is usually the best offer.

Today we had three more showings and received another offer. Gave both interested buyers the "submit your best and final offer" offer. Looks like we will have it under contract tomorrow.

I received the results of my colonoscopy today. No signs of colon cancer :dance: but almost all of the 13 polyps were pre-cancerous. I'm glad I had the procedure done and I will go back in 2 years for another.

Golfed this morning with DH - tee off before 6.30 am. Really hot and humid with temperature at 29 deg celcius. Had a huge breakfast mainly containing fruits and oatmeal. Just enjoying newspaper and routine home activities at the moment.

That pesky dragon took a bite out of the sun...

so naturally we had to make much noise to chase it away. It appears to be working.

Last edited:
Sounds good. Don't forget, your first offer is usually the best offer.
Today we finalized a contract. We were able to get the price to just about what we were asking. Now we will have to wait and see how the inspection and appraisal go.

Kayaked and then went to the beach.

I was rinsing off in the shower and reached up to adjust the nozzle-- when the entire assembly broke free of the pipe. A 65 PSI solid stream started shooting on me, past the tub, and across the bathroom.

My reaction was "Cool!" followed by "Somebody should shut that off..." before I finally snapped to my senses and grabbed the faucet handles. So tomorrow will include a trip through our plumbing spares and then the home-improvement store.

That pesky dragon took a bite out of the sun... so naturally we had to make much noise to chase it away. It appears to be working.
Excellent photo!

Took DW and three other ladies to a quaint little town in the backwoods of east TX. I sat on a bench in the town square while they shopped. Noticed a couple and what appeared to be their very attractive teenage daughter doing some shopping as well. Thought the young lady looked familiar when they walked by. Turns out it was the actress pictured below.

Anyone willing to admit they watch network TV and recognize her?

Attachments

• VV.jpg
    VV.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 189
REWahoo said:
Took DW and three other ladies to a quaint little town in the backwoods of east TX. I sat on a bench in the town square while they shopped. Noticed a couple and what appeared to be their very attractive teenage daughter doing some shopping as well. Thought the young lady looked familiar when they walked by. Turns out it was the actress pictured below.

Anyone willing to admit they watch network TV and recognize her?

It's Joan Rivers.

She's a lovely girl. With that reddish hair I think she looks a lot like Reba McIntyre (who I believe was from BCS), but she's too young to be Reba. :)

Daughter of "Castle"? OK...I LIKE TV.:D
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Molly Quinn, age 19, who plays Alexis Castle on the ABC series "Castle".

As the father of two daughters, I thought it was nice that she occasionally held hands with her dad and seemed to enjoy the company of both her mom and dad while browsing the antique and 'junque' stores.

I received the results of my colonoscopy today. No signs of colon cancer :dance: but almost all of the 13 polyps were pre-cancerous. I'm glad I had the procedure done and I will go back in 2 years for another.
Wonderful news Helen....:flowers:

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Molly Quinn, age 19, who plays Alexis Castle on the ABC series "Castle".

As the father of two daughters, I thought it was nice that she occasionally held hands with her dad and seemed to enjoy the company of both her mom and dad while browsing the antique and 'junque' stores.

How do you know it was her father? Could have been her sugar daddy.

I remembered to log on here and do a few posts. :blush:

I've been busy for the past few days helping place new flags at veterans' graves. I have never done this before, and felt very honored to be asked to help out. The organizers are always short handed, and welcome any and all volunteers to do this most important commemoration at the cemetaries. We placed hundreds of flags at 2 cemetaries.

Mr B has several Memorial Day ceremonies to attend, so I will join him with my digital camera and do some amateur photography for the posts. They really appreciate it when photographs are taken of their color guards, members and visiting local politicos. I download the pics to my laptop, and burn a CD for each post so they can run their own prints from or put the pics on their digital photoframes. I enjoy doing this strictly as a volunteer, at no cost.

It's supposed to rain today, so I invited a friend to go play some pool while Mr B does his preps for Monday. He is an invited speaker at the public ceremony following a very nice "small town" parade. He is a fabulous speaker. :D

Attachments

• ATT00002.jpg
    ATT00002.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
DW and I went to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. A film about people moving abroad to retire. They all have different reasons but most can't afford to stay where they are. It is a Hollywood view of retirement but still very enjoyable, and a welcome change from the summer action adventure genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom