what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough to top a graduation in HI. Congrats to the kiddos Rambler.

Closer to home, it was a cool, drizzle day but turned the heat on in the MH, dreamed of trips to come and piddled.

I figured it's safe to drain the fuel from the snow thrower and did so. Yippee!

Mowed the grass on the "front 40" after having to go get a new battery for the 33" mower. I keep it charged over the winter but I guess the original is only good for five years.

Visited the animal shelter to look at some cats. I think the young wife found the ones she wants.

Went to a local college to hear a soprano sing in her senior year recital. Beautiful voice.

Rambler, that is one beautiful, happy photo. Made me smile.

Gumby, hope you post a photo of the chosen cat.

Packed for my trip to Maui tomorrow! Now I have to hit the hay early to catch a morning flight.

Aloha!

Yoga has been a daily activity, bout an hour each day, since mid February. Any other down-dogging retirees?

I did a whole lotta nuttin' today. :D

Made coffee, emptied the dishwasher, and decidedly ignored the basket full of dirty laundry. >:D

I did my ministepper exercise. For lunch, I sauteed my first little harvest of Cos type lettuce (relative of Romaine, short season grower) in olive oil with some chorizo flavored ground pork crumbles, plated and topped with ground Asiago cheese. Dessert was a Red Delicious apple with a little PB spread on the slices. I think I hit all the food groups. :)

I'm catching up on the board threads while I listen to Soundscapes instrumental music on the digital cable service. It's raining, hard enough to hear it hitting the roof.

I'm sitting upright in the leather recliner. I just woke up from an unplanned midafternoon snooze. I have no idea how long I was "out". :LOL:

Yoga has been a daily activity, bout an hour each day, since mid February. Any other down-dogging retirees?

I ER'd this year from a career in Finance but continue to teach yoga. I teach 8 regular yoga classes each week and usually sub 1 to 3 classes for other teachers so roughly 11 classes per week. Loving it. Let's stay in touch, us yogis and yoginis! :dance:

Retire2013

I take a yoga class twice a week and do yoga and (would like to say all, but that would be an exaggeration on the days I don't have class). I feel much better when I keep up my yoga class.

Went to the lake to clean up on Sunday... with 6200 sites, because of the cold and wet here in Illinois, almost no one there. I put out two bird feeders, and filled them. The raccoon got the first one last night... chewed through the rope and crashed the feeder. Then, to add insult to injury he chewed the deck railing that goes down to the lake.
In two days the birds were so busy, they went through 10 pounds of feed. At this rate, I'll have to apply for food stamps. Counted 13 different species, a new record. Even the four different woodpeckers were at the feeder. They usually just go for the suet.
Monday, I planted a crabapple tree near the lake, then this morning, saw a beaver swimming by, so had to wrap the trunk with chicken wire.
Two deer out in the field, and one of our resident grass carp swimming by like a shark... (4 feet long). Our great blue heron pair, a few dozen Canada geese, and a woodchuck complete the current menagerie. Sadly, our moles are also back... with a vengeance. The little guys can destroy a lawn in three or four days... 1/4 mile of tunnels in a single day.
Hummers haven't arrived.
That's it from Lake Wobegone... Next week... the boats...

Last edited:
If they stay in the basket long enough, they're clean again...
I've heard that! :LOL:

Today is yet another goof off day...it's partly cloudy, partly sunny, changing by the hour. I moved a few of my seeded Earthboxes outside to the open deck. Only cool weather type crops are planted, so no danger. The next few weeks will be a proverbial game of
cat-n-mouse with the thermometer. Move 'em outside, move 'em inside. Caster wheels make all the difference. :D

PS I did do 2 loads of laundry and hung it up to dry on my indoor clothesline.

Cleaned, had three clients, went grocery shopping to get salad stuff....been craving spinach and veggies....strange day!

Somehow I managed to throw my back out last night, while assembling a bathroom cabinet from Amazon. (That says something about "ease of assembly", I suppose, given that I have lifted 15-20 tons at the gym three days a week for years, with no back issues.) :LOL:

After that, I was in too much pain to sleep or nap for even a moment. I watched the Boston bomber pursuit footage all night instead. Can't find my heating pad, but using the shower massager with hot water seems to help a little. I hardly ever throw my back out, so I am sure this can't last for long. Hope not.

Still, the worst day of retirement beats the best day at work, for me.

Last edited:
Somehow I managed to throw my back out last night, while assembling a bathroom cabinet from Amazon. (That says something about "ease of assembly", I suppose, given that I have lifted 15-20 tons at the gym three days a week for years, with no back issues.) :LOL:

After that, I was in too much pain to sleep or nap for even a moment. I watched the Boston bomber pursuit footage all night instead. Can't find my heating pad, but using the shower massager with hot water seems to help a little. I hardly ever throw my back out, so I am sure this can't last for long. Hope not.

Still, the worst day of retirement beats the best day at work, for me.

Take care of that back. It's weird how easy movements etc can throw it out.

I've been watching Boston bomber coverage almost exclusively for the last 24 hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: W2R
Played around with the new macro flash unit. Weather was forecast to be rainy all day although it didn't start until late so missed opportunities further than the back yard.

Attachments

• Macro_shots-3.jpg
    Macro_shots-3.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1
  • spring_signs-8.jpg
    spring_signs-8.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2
  • Wasp-2.jpg
    Wasp-2.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 3
Sitting here on my last Saturday of w%$k...

Well, AT w%$k.

Friday can't get here quickly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom