what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onion smell of the first lawn mowing of the year.

Onion smell of the first lawn mowing of the year.
Ah, the first signs of spring. It's April showers here today. Yesterday, finally managed to install Firefox so was able to order groceries for delivery; their software kicks out Safari users. They arrived this morning and I put together a big pot of spaghetti sauce; they had meatballs on 2 for 1, not bad, added some veggies and tons of mushrooms. May do small chores around the house like picking up the mail, otherwise just another relaxing RE day sittin' by the window.

Looked at our taxes. On the good (?) side, thanks to some major league dental expense for the girl she's getting about $10G back from the feds. On the bad side, tax person says we underpaid 1/4lys to the state and owe interest. On the good side, she says it's her error and is reducing our prep fees by the interest amount. On the good (?) side, i lost $$ in the market and realized some of the losses, so get to deduct $3000 from my income this year. On the bad side, an old apartment building in my name had it's income divided in 1/2 so the gal could pay 1/2 the tax - on the bad, the 1/2 income wasn't shown on the gal's taxes, and all the expenses for that place were properly shown on my return. Means my taxable income needs to be corrected by about $22.5k. Up. Of course, then my fed & state & 1/4ly taxes need to be adjusted. Up. I'm sure the gubermint will find something to do with the extra bucks.

I really shouldn't review other people's work.

On the good (?) side, thanks to some major league dental expense for the girl she's getting about $10G back from the feds.

Yikes! Forget about money. That's a lot of teeth and hours in the dentist's chair.:dead:

Planted some tomatoes, peppers (banana, bell and pimento) and some sweet basil in my container garden. Got a hair cut. Stimulated the economy with a bit of shopping (new pair of shoes and shirt). Harvested some good looking swiss chard and made a quiche with it.

Yikes! Forget about money. That's a lot of teeth and hours in the dentist's chair.:dead:

about 6 months of very unhappy girl. She's a tough one, and as much whinging as she was doing i've decided it's soup & cornmeal mush for me if it comes to it. She's one who communicates and really needed to do so as she continued to care for her 93 YO pretty deaf Mom and the cadre of doctors keeping Mom ticking. The shouting to be heard and talking through an ill-fitting mouthful of plastic wore on her very badly.

Changed my avatar to Bugs Bunny.
Had very little motivation to do anything besides surf and snooze in the chair, so I didn't. :D
Looking forward to having dh2b underfoot for the weekend. :flowers:

I've been in the office all day developing teaching material for various workshops I'm giving in the near future. I actually enjoy doing this although it takes lots of time. I need peace and quiet and nobody else is in the office. Had arranged to provide a trainee with a tutorial this morning. She did not show. Apparently forgot, because it was arranged some time ago. My secretary will not be pleased at having to redo the appointment.

Well, I'm off to enjoy the sunshine. Happy Easter!

Last edited:
I worked on my blog this morning, then went to the bank and signed the refinance rate lock papers and that made me really happy. It's all approved and ready to go to docs. 4.87% fixed! What a relief to have that done. So I bought myself a beautiful white linen shirt and shopped for a nontraditional Easter dinner. Crab cakes and asparagus!

Spent the afternoon hankering down at home while tornado sirens were going off non-stop and golf ball-sized hail hammered the area. Thankfully I had covered my vegetable garden and everything made it OK. But I'm gonna need to have my roof inspected for damage. Tonight I am making a "Paris-Brest" cake from scratch for Easter dinner (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/ShiRuoh/paris-brest_002.jpg).

Went to the grocery store, forgot it was a semi-holiday and people were there with their rugrats; one woman with 5 children (and 2 carts) seemed to be on a mission to block passage on every aisle.

One idiot teen was carrying a dog (a la Spears?); management finally threw her out.

Had a NASCAR grocery cart (kept turning left).

Remembered why I retired.

Spent the afternoon hankering down at home while tornado sirens were going off non-stop and golf ball-sized hail hammered the area. Thankfully I had covered my vegetable garden and everything made it OK. But I'm gonna need to have my roof inspected for damage. Tonight I am making a "Paris-Brest" cake from scratch for Easter dinner (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/ShiRuoh/paris-brest_002.jpg).
Sorry you had to go through that.....:(

Tell you what....I'll fix your roof for a piece of cake. :flowers:

Making sourdough whole-wheat bread, completely from scratch (including grinding the wheat into flour). Been waiting a week for the starter to develop, its in the oven now. Will let you know how it turns out.

R

You mean, you wanted one who rode a hawg, and cooked? :LOL:

R

Making sourdough whole-wheat bread, completely from scratch (including grinding the wheat into flour). Been waiting a week for the starter to develop, its in the oven now. Will let you know how it turns out.

R

Came out really nice. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, rich sourdough favor, kind of like a good European artisan bread...yum. MIL is here. she didn't like it...only bread she eats is white sandwich bread. DW and I thought it was yum though.

R

Played golf this morning and boy was that a mistake. Played pretty good but the wind was blowing 15-25mph and it did a number on my sinuses. Took some meds(not my normal one's;)) and I almost got sick to my stomach. My eyes feel completely dried out. Head about to split open.

Oh well, get a good night sleep and get ready for the final 2 rounds of the Master's.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom